Feeling Like a Family

The Misconception of a Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sungyeol-ah, did you take cooking lessons lastly?” You asked out of the blue. Dinner time had come and when he finally came back with the enormous pot of spaghettis, you were all in awe. He placed the pot in the coffee table’s center –which had been pushed to the side for the night- for everyone to fill their empty plates. He puffed his chest proudly and shot you a huge smile.

“No, just natural secret skills. Why, are you that amazed by my cooking?” He answered back at you playfully. By seeing his expression, you couldn’t help to more than you already were.

“No, it is just this is the first time you are cooking something that don’t look like dog food. I think we can even eat it without getting sick afterwards!” You feigned a surprised and innocent expression, rounding your eyes in amazement while pointing at the food.

“I wasn’t forcing anyone to eat what I prepared though” he shot back, glaring at you for having dared to mock him.

“What do you think? We didn’t want to die from starvation. That said, I’m surprised that we avoided food poisoning all this time.” You chuckled and everyone followed you. Dongwoo and Hoya patted Sungyeol shoulders with fake compassion. Even Silver Boy smiled at the relaxed and friendly atmosphere. He was somehow happy to see that you were different from your usual stoical self. Everyone of you looked like a real family and it was pleasant for him to see.

“It’s not like you to show off, even if you are a girl” he scoffed, looking at you with fake disdain. At that, you threw one of the pillows at him and he got hit right in the head. He coughed heavily and when the pillow dropped at his feet, he was standing still, totally deadpanned. “Strike!” you exclaimed, throwing a victorious punch in the air. “So, do you admit your defeat?” you smirked at him.

“Only if you marry me…” he joked openly, mimicking your playful smirk, a sly expression lingering on his face. The others just gasped at his words, as if they were feeling betrayed by their brother. You looked at him blankly, then at the delicious food in your plate, then back at him and smiled “Deal.” You answered and both of you shook hands before beginning to eat.

Suddenly, Jimin and Sunggyu looked up from their plates with quite scary faces “What?!” they both exclaimed themselves in unison, obviously quite shocked by the idea.

“What’s with these faces?” you told them while smiling innocently. “If I have to marry someone, it is good if he knows how to cook, don’t you think?” you asked them in a rather rhetoric way. You weren’t serious but it was funny to look at their surprised gazes.

“I know how to cook” Sunggyu mumbled loud enough for you to hear.

“Yeah but you’re an old grandpa” you mocked him with a wrinkled nose. He scoffed heavily at you in return while pointing in your direction with a threatening look. Before he could even utter a word, you gently patted his shoulder “Don’t worry, you’ll find your grandma one day. You’re quite a good looking grandpa, after all.” And then, he sent you that expression of his when he was angry. Pursed lips and narrowed eyes, which –for him- was the same as almost not having eyes anymore. His purpose was to be scary but you laughed nonetheless, covering your mouth with your hand. You stopped suddenly. Not because of him. Not because of the still glaring grandpa. Because of a voice. The one you hadn’t heard since your arrival.

“Me too” the voice said, rather awkwardly. You looked at your right side and met eyes with Silver Boy.

Now that you think of it, you still didn’t know his name. Well, Silver Boy was good enough for now. It couldn’t suit him better. Silver. Its equivocal meaning seemed to fit perfectly with this strange individual, possessing a rather paradoxical personality. Silver was a pure, lively and powerful color. However, it could also describe an almost indestructible metal. Silver Boy. Yes. Because even if he wasn’t –strictly speaking– a boy, he had that human side in him. That side which flustered you so much.

“Are you an old grandpa?” you asked innocently, playing along with him, because he had made the effort to speak despite the fact he was surrounded by nine of his deadly arch-nemesis. Because, no matter how it seemed impossible to you, he looked like he wanted to integrate himself in the conversation. You tilted your head to the side in wonder.

Plus, if you wanted your Circle to acknowledge him as different, they had to become used to him. Thus, that couldn’t be possible if he was just staying there, unmoving, unspeaking.

“No, I know how to cook” He scratched the back of his head.

Everything was silent and all the Jägers were eyeing him. Sunggyu seemed annoyed. Woohyun, Hoya, and Dongwoo looked suspicious. Jimin was used to him already and he just had his usual blank stare. Myungsoo seemed just as indifferent as Jimin. What your attention was Sungyeol’s behaviour though. He had his chin resting on his palm while looking at him, obviously intrigued. Curiosity. That’s what you found oozing from his chocolate orbs. Silver Boy looked up at you as if he was asking whether he had done something wrong. In response, you slightly smiled at him,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter