Somewhere, Something Incredible is Waiting to be Known

The Misconception of a Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ARE YOU INSANE?”

He was yelling at you for the first time since you joined them. Sunggyu was yelling at you. Or rather no, it wasn’t Sunggyu. It was the leader who was talking right now, not him.

It was scary. Yes, right at this moment, you were scared. Because an angry Sunggyu wasn’t the usual warm and friendly one. You didn’t like that side of him. It remembered you there was a hierarchy. That you weren’t just some friends struggling for the good. You hated it to the core. But you couldn’t disobey him. You had to listen to him. You had to respect him. It was your duty as a Jäger. As a member of this Circle. Thus, you restrained your anger and said nothing. If you did, you weren’t sure to be able to contain your impulsiveness. You clenched your fist and your teeth and avoided his gaze, for him not to see your flaming eyes. You hated authority. You didn’t like when someone was dictating your behaviour or was imposing its will. You thought it was unfair, abusive, and demeaning. And yet, you put up with it until now. Until you might reach you breaking point.

Behind you Jimin and Silver Boy. Both silent. The first because he didn’t want to feed the leader’s wrath. He didn’t want to add fuel to the fire. The latter because, at this rate, one move and he died on the spot. You felt his eyes burning holes into your back as he was staring at your clenched hand. Sungjong had come back too, quite alerted by Sunggyu’s voice.

“Don’t you have anything to say? Don’t you think you should explain something to us? Don’t you think you went overboard?” he threw madly at you as a firearm discharging its munitions in the ultimate goal of achieving the target, each question tearing a little bit more on the initial wound caused by your guilt until…

“Do you think I would ever put any one of you in danger so easily? Don’t you think I have at least thought it over before acting? Don’t you think I had my reasons? Don’t you think you should let me trying to explain instead of monopolizing the floor? You scoffed angrily and paused a few seconds before delivering the final blow “Don’t you trust me enough!?!”

 

Silence.

 

Silence was what followed. Silence and your panting breath due to the annoyance, your chest slightly moving up and down, following the movement of your respiration. You were now looking right in his eyes so he could see what you felt inside. Earlier, you were afraid they would feel betrayed but you ended being the one with that impression. You knew it could be seen as pure selfishness when it could have been dangerous for everyone, but you weren’t that stupid. That was one of the reasons why you didn’t led Silver Boy right after having saved him. Because, at the beginning, for you he was still what he was. A Monster. A dangerous thing. Now, though, you think of him as a different one. Because, let’s say what needs to be said, if he wanted to kill you, he would have already done so without even having to lift a finger. In fact, if you remembered correctly, he even saved your life a few hours ago. So, yes, you were mad at Sunggyu for not having listened properly simply for he had persistent prejudices concerning Silver Boy when he had all these evidences right in front of his eyes. Literally.

“Are you relieved I’m alive?” You asked then, tilting your head to the side.

He seemed to be slightly surprised by your sudden change of tactics. He eyed you in a suspicious way but finally answered nonetheless.

“Stupid question, of course I am but…” he began.

“Good! Then…” you went behind Silver Boy and put both of your palms on the top of his back. You could feel him stiffening under your touch and a tiny smile made its way to your lips. The others Jägers gasped, seeing the ease with which you approached him.You pushed him forward, in Sunggyu’s direction while saying: “maybe you should thank him?” you joined

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter