S - N - S - A

Soul Strings

Jessica sat down at the table and looked over at her best friend with concern, “Yul?”


Said girl turned her head towards her distractedly, “Hmm?”


“You okay?” the other girl seemed off.


“Yeah, what’s with you, today?” Yoona asked as she ate.


“Yoongie, don’t talk when your mouth’s full,” Seohyun said as she read a book.


Yoona grinned widely and kissed her girlfriend who was tucked tightly into her side. The ice princess rolled her eyes at the two. She still didn’t believe in the two girls’ relationship.


“Yuri-unnie’s been like that since morning,” a voice piped up.


Jessica turned and glared at the voice. It was none other than Amber, her little sister’s best friend. The tomboy froze in her seat and she swore there were icicles on her seat. She didn’t understand where the hostility came from. It’s been like that since she shared information about her attraction to Suzy.


“Yuri-yah. What’s wrong?”


“Hmm? Nothing Sica,” Yuri said dismissively with an airy voice.


Oh no. It’s her I’m-in-love voice. The ice princess crossed her arms over her chest, “Tell me. Now. Who is it?”


Yuri smiled widely, “You know, Minho. The soccer player? He asked me out.”


“No. Tell him no.”


“What? What do you mean, no?” Yuri furrowed her brows.


Yoona rolled her eyes, “Here we go again. Sica-unnie, you have to accept that we get into relationships.”


“Yeah, why don’t you ever approve?” the tall girl asked.


“You’re just going to get hurt in the end.”


“You’re always like this. Can’t you just let me like someone for once? You’re worse than my mom,” Yuri groaned.


“No. It didn’t work out with Taeyang. It didn’t work out with Hyuna. I’m looking out for you as a best friend!”


Yuri shook her head, “We’re in high school for crying out loud! We’re supposed to like a lot of people and date them!”


“Uhh, is this a bad time?” a quiet voice interrupted the heated argument.


Everyone’s eyes turned to see Jessica’s little sister who held hands with a rather handsome young man. He looked familiar to the older Jung and her eyes zeroed in on their entwined hands.


“Krys, who is this?”


Krystal smiled brightly at her older sister, “This is Kai, my boyfriend.”


Kai waved hesitantly at the obviously furious blonde, “Annyeong.”


Jessica observed him quietly and felt her blood boil even higher as she knew their strings were not connected, “Break up with him.”


Everyone at the lunch table were flabbergasted but it was Seohyun who broke the silence, “Jessica-ssi, you can’t demand your sister to break up with him.”


“I know you’re all about remaining pure and whatnot for your soul mate but this is ridiculous, Sica. You don’t even know him!” Yuri shouted.


Amber and Yoona remained quiet as they watched the scene unfold for fear of Hellsica, “I know enough about him.”


“Really, unnie? Do you?” Krystal was upset that her sister didn’t approve of her boyfriend.


Jessica looked back at their entwined hands and her mind flashed back to when she first saw her parents’ separate strings. In life, people would get into relationships, supposedly fall in love, perhaps get married down the road, have a family, and hurt those around them because they created something with someone who was not their soul mate. Her family was broken because her parents fell in love in high school and got married before they met their soul mate. The aftermath brought too much pain that was still fresh in Jessica’s mind.


That’s why no one’s perfect for Yuri who’s only been hurt from the failed relationships. She should be tucked into Yoona’s side instead of Seohyun.


That’s why Yoona shouldn’t invest her love in Seohyun. She’s destined to be with Yuri and should start taking care of her.


That’s why Jessica isn’t pleased with Amber’s attraction to Suzy. She refuses to let the tomboy hurt her baby sister, even if unknowingly.


That’s why Krystal has to break up with Kai.


They can’t fall in love and create a family. They can’t ruin their children. No. Never. Krystal will only be hurt when Kai leaves her. Not unless she finally accepts her feelings for her oblivious tomboy of a best friend.


Jessica will do everything in her power to protect her sister, “He’s just going to hurt you and leave you. He’s not right for you!”


With that, Jessica stormed off with a hurt heart. Damn this gift of seeing everyone’s red strings. No one knew. No one understood. If only she could get rid of this curse. Unbeknownst to her, today would be the day her wish was granted. Thankfully though, it happened right after she met her soul mate.

 

~

 

I made up for last post, right? I kept my promise, right? I'm not leaving you hanging, right? Okay so maybe you can't say yes to that one but do enjoy the longest post of the one-shot guys! ^^