S - . - . - .

Soul Strings

Jessica snuggled closer in Tiffany’s embrace as they tried to gather warmth from the biting cold in their cozy apartment. It’s been years since they first met and when Jessica last saw the red strings around her. She didn’t know why but her cursed ability was back and it was far from comforting.

 

The ice princess, or rather, the warm ice princess, knew that her girlfriend could see the red string that attached the two of them together. Just like she cursed her gift all those years ago, she was doing it again, now.  There was a red string on her pinky and another on Tiffany’s. However this time, they were not connected.

 

This vital piece of information was kept from Tiffany for a week now.

 

“Tiff-baby, we need to talk.”

 

“What’s wrong, Jessi?”

 

“You know how...you can see our strings? Are we still connected?”

 

The mushroom lifted Jessica’s left hand and tenderly placed a kiss on her pinky, “Since the day we first met our senior year of high school.”

 

“Remember...I told you I saw it before it disappeared?” Jessica said nervously.

 

“Mmhmm. You also told me you could see other people’s red strings.”

 

“Yeah. I’ve trusted in the red strings to bring us together. It brought Krystal and Amber together. It even finally brought Yoona and Yuri together after high school. It brought Sooyoung to her girlfriend. But...”

 

Tiffany kissed Jessica’s temple, “But what? You can’t see the strings anymore, right?”

 

“I can only see two strings now,” Jessica whispered tearfully.

 

“What’s wrong, Jessi-baby?” Tiffany was getting worried.

 

“Please tell me we’re soul mates.”

 

“Jessi...”

 

“Please. I’ve believed in the red string all my life. Even though it broke my family apart, my parents were able to meet their true soul mates and lived happier lives. I don’t want to make the same mistake.”

 

Tiffany gathered Jessica in her arms and kissed her tenderly. Jessica kissed back in desperation, her hands came up to cradle Tiffany’s face. The mushroom tried to pull back from her lips only to have her girlfriend follow. Jessica needed this reassurance and their kisses escalated.

 

After some time their kisses gradually simmered down and their lips separated. Tiffany gingerly traced their attached string from her pinky to Jessica’s, “We are soul mates. Forever.”

 

Jessica felt herself breakdown and cry, “Forgive me, Tiff-baby.”

 

“Why?” Tiffany felt helpless.

 

“I can see your string and my string...but they don’t connect.”

~

Sorry guys, I've been busy with the holidays and this is late. *bows* So so sorry. MERRY LATE CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!