I'm Not A Monster! ~A Daesung Love Story~ Chapter 3

I'm Not A Monster! ~A Daesung Love Story~

Chapter 3

“Kelly! Kelly, wake up!” I felt a hand shaking my shoulder.

I opened my eyes see the city buildings sweeping outside the van window. Heather looked at me worried out of her mind. I was just sleeping…wasn’t I?

“What?” I asked. “Why are you looking at me like you’ve just seen a ghost?”

“You were sleeping the whole way back,” Sarah explained.

“Kelly, do you know what you were doing while you were sleeping?” Alice asked.

I shook my head in response knowing that I don’t do anything when I sleep.

“Why? What did I do?” I asked looking at them.

“You were shaking and mumbling things!” Heather explained. “We thought you were having a seizure!”

“Not to mention you were freezing cold from your goosebumps!” Lucy added in.

I looked down and noticed that I had a blanket over me that the van kept in the back just in case. Just now I realized that I was actually cold as I pulled the blanket around me tightly. That dream…was that the reason? The van pulled to a stop in front of our building as each of us got out, I put the blanket back inside and said our thanks to the driver.

“It’s seven right now, so that means that the office is closed. Why don’t we go to my apartment and discuss what we found out.” Alice stated.

We nodded in agreement and started to walk. Along the way, I was silent trying to remember my dream. Bits and pieces came back to me, but the thing that stuck out were the man’s glowing eyes and the light at the end; and not to mention that wretched owl’s hooting in my ear.

“You ok?” Heather asked noticing my silence.

“Yeah,” I nodded my head, “just thinking of my dream.”

“Well, you can tell us when we get to Alice’s place.” She said.

I remained silent for the rest of the walk, which thankfully wasn’t that far away from our work because I was getting cold again. We got to her apartment, a nice brick building with nice, clean windows with green curtains that were pulled back. She unlocked her door and led us upstairs to her room. It looked the same as ever, blue carpeting with a medium sized white kitchen that overlooked the city that had a nice sunset when you first walk in, a really good sized living room to the right with a huge sofa and a 40 inch TV set in the middle complete with some video game systems. Her bedroom was the first room down a hallway from the living room, as well as the bathroom.

“Help yourselves!” Alice said, as always.

I got myself some hot tea to calm my nerves as the rest got water, soda, or coffee. But Lucy, as always, got hot chocolate, that always made her happy. I sat on one of the chairs in the kitchen stirring my honey into the tea on the center table, knowing that we would have to talk about this case soon.

“So, girls, who wants to start out first?” Alice began just like she read my mind as she and the rest of the girls sat down at the table.

We all looked at each other knowing that we would have to spill out information that I know we don’t want to admit of knowing. I certainly didn’t know how serious this case was until I found out about Daesung.

“I’ll tell first,” Lucy answered putting marshmallows into her cup.

“Which brother did you have?” I asked taking a sip of my tea.

“I had the youngest brother, his name is Seungri.” She answered, putting a good amount of whipped cream on top.

“Oh, our youngest detective with the youngest brother…” Heather smirked.

“What a combination, I bet that was on purpose.” Sarah stated.

Lucy slightly blushed, drinking her hot chocolate.

“Well, he was interesting to say the least. But I can say that he cooperated better than what Kelly had to go through.” She looked sadly at me. I nodded my head, agreeing with her words.

“Well, go ahead, tell your story.” Heather urged.