I'm Not A Monster! ~Lucy's Story of the Blaze~

I'm Not A Monster! ~A Daesung Love Story~

Lucy’s Story of the Blaze

“So the boys have a soft side.” I noted. “They just hide it.”

“We know why, too.” Sarah nodded.

“That’s horrible how G-Dragon thinks that the fire was somewhat his fault…” I said bringing my knees up on the couch.

“Well at least we all know what happened with the fire, but how did Seungri or TOP find out about it?” Heather asked.

All of us looked at Lucy who was holding her untouched hot chocolate. She looked like she was spaced out until she noticed that we were looking at her.

“What?” She asked annoyed, which was definitely not like her at all. “You know Sarah can go before me.”

“But the way the fire story is heading, its Seungri’s side of the story next.” Alice told Lucy.

Lucy took a sip of her drink as she put a hand on her head followed by taking a deep breath.

“Fine. But I assure you, what I discovered from Seungri you will not want to go back.” Lucy warned us. “But it has nothing to do with the fire…”

“I can go next if you’re uncomfortable, Lucy.” Sarah said putting a hand on her shoulder.

“No.” Lucy sighed closing her eyes. “I’ll go.”

“It’s not going to be like a scary story, is it?” I asked.

“I want to say that you’re wrong, Kelly, I really do.” Lucy looked at me saddened.

**

Once the door opened, there was nothing but darkness, except in the middle of the room where Seungri sat with candles all around him, the tarot cards set off to the side. I could see my three cards that he had last time. The High Mistress card was still flipped over, but the other two were still unrevealed. He was meditating, but seemed to tense up as soon as I walked in the room. The atmosphere was eerie and a little cold, like it was midnight on Halloween, and you were all alone in a cemetery; it just reminded me of a horror movie. The door shut on itself as I jumped, goosebumps going down my spine.

“Do you always do that?” I smirked as I was going over to him and sitting down across from him.

“Lucy, you got to understand, you got to have a little fun when you are in a place like this.” He smirked opening his eyes, the light from the candles made his purple eyes really stand out. “Besides, I need the practice. Ever since the fire, I’ve been…lagging.”

“What makes you say that?” I asked.

“Ah, one question, one card, remember?” He put a finger up playfully. As he lifted his hands, the cards did the same with the High Mistress card still facing me as the rest were faced down. “Now, what is your question again? Ah yes, the fire. But first, let’s see what the present holds for you.”

I was about to say something, but then the seconds card flipped in front of me showing me a picture of a person resting peacefully on a fluffy white cloud, the word “relax” right underneath the picture.

“Hm, interesting…the relax card. You seem to be in a great deal of stress lately.” Seungri said.

“Correct…” I said still impressed at what he can do. “This whole investigation has gotten me stressed out!”

“And you’ve been hiding it among your friends.” Seungri added in. “The spirits tell me that you’re scared of what they might think.”

I opened up my mouth in shock that he would say such a thing, but I’m not going to lie when I would say that he’s right. Out of all the investigations, this one stressed me out the most. Not only was the fire and the scientist tough to figure out, but these brothers!

“Can you stop that?” Seungri asked politely lowering his head.

“Stop what?” I asked looking around as to what I could’ve done.

“To stop saying that we stress you out.” He answered. “My brothers and I’ve been through enough. We would hate to cause stress to anyone. Speaking of brothers, you are wondering where Daesung is. And you are really worried about your fellow investigator, Kelly.”

“Ah, one question, one card, remember?” I reminded him putting my hand up to stop him.

He smirked a playful smile as he lowered his hands to set the cards down. Seungri seemed pleased that I remembered and that I was going along with his little game. Which, I must admit scared me, but also intrigued me to go further.

“Right, the fire. I don’t remember that much, but I was downstairs meditating, like I always do. Taeyang and G-Dragon were upstairs waiting their turn to practice their abilities, although they seemed to master theirs pretty quickly. TOP was in the green house and Daesung had classes. I on the other hand started to practice new abilities, ones that I suggested to…you know who himself.” He explained as I noticed one of the candles flames blew out.

**

Seungri was meditating in the middle of the laboratory floor focusing hard on one of the notepads lying on the counter. Raising his hand, he used his energy on the little notepad and began to rise it up with his hands. Once he started to do this, he could feel something on his face…and it wasn’t the tattoos. It felt like someone was taking something sharp object and cutting it right down his cheek, but there was no pain, only the feel. As soon as he felt it, he put his hand to his cheek hearing the notepad drop on the counter with a thud. But he felt nothing on his face. It’s been one week since he started practicing levitation and so far this was how far he has come. Seungri sighed saddened that he wasn’t getting that far into the levitating. Moving objects was easy, but once he started levitating, he didn’t realize how hard it really was.

“I need to practice more. Hopefully the others won’t mind to wait another hour.” Seungri whispered. As he closed his eyes, he heard a nearby spirit telling him to go check on his brothers, Taeyang and G-Dragon. “I’m sure that they are just impatient.” But the spirit kept yelling at Seungri, telling him that they are in trouble, that the scientist has an idea for a new experiment. Seungri furrowed his brow as he was trying to concentrate, but again the spirit yelled and begged him to check up on them.

“Alright!” Seungri yelled as the candles flames went out. He sighed and started walking towards the door when he heard a yell from G-Dragon.

“SEUN-” he heard G-Dragon yell from the hallway. But as soon as he went to the hallway, it was too late. In the scientists hand was a shot and it was filling up with G-Dragon’s blood.

“NO! G-DRAGON!” Seungri yelled as he saw his brother slide down the wall helpless. Around the scientists belt, he saw another shot filled with more blood.

“No…Taeyang!” Seungri thought.

“G-DRAGON!” Seungri started to use energy as wind whipped around the tiny hallway. Raising a hand towards the scientist, his eyes started to glow as he started to move the scientist away from his brother making him drop the shot filled with his blood.

“Seungri, I need your blood…” the scientist explained.

“The spirits told me that you’re starting a new experiment, what for?” Seungri kept his hand still so the scientist couldn’t move away to grab G-Dragon’s blood.

“I’ll explain later, but you got to do what I say. And now I need your blood.” He said pressed against the wall by Seungri’s invisible force.

“NO!” Seungri yelled as he was getting closer to his brother. “I might be the youngest, but I’m not going to be told what to do by you anymore!”

Seungri looked around and examined G-Dragon’s arm to see how much damage there was. Without paying much attention to his hold on the scientist, he put his other hand on G-Dragon’s wrist and Seungri sighed in relief after he felt a pulse. As soon as he turned around, the scientist was about to grab Seungri’s arm, but he quickly held out a hand and kept him away, for a couple of minutes. As he was backing up into the lab, the scientist on his tail, Seungri thought that he has to go alert TOP. At the same time, several spirits were trying to talk to him at the same time. One trying to guide him out of the house, the other trying to tell him what to do, another telling him to use his energy to knock the scientist out, and it was just too much for Seungri to handle in this situation. Seungri landed on the ground, putting his hands around his head trying to make everything stop, but it seemed to stop when the scientist took his chance and jammed the needle into his arm, making the young brother scream in pain as not only did he feel his blood being driven out, but he felt some of his energy being taken away.

“Must…warn…” but Seungri passed out before he could finish.

**

It wasn’t until now that I noticed almost all of the candles were out. When Seungri was telling his story, he seemed like he relived the whole experience. His facial expressions said it all; peaceful, confused, irritated, scared, and tired. I felt sorry for him; it must’ve been hard to talk about the fire. I couldn’t imagine how it would be like for him to tell me about the scientist.

“Seungri, I-” but he kept going like he wanted to get it done and over with.

“If the spirits didn’t tell me that the fire from the experiment was going to explode, I believe that we would’ve all been dead. But the fire affected me, I got hurt in the explosion, but I hid it pretty well. Ever since then, my ability has declined, only a little bit. That’s why I practice everyday while I’m here.” Seungri looked over to the side closing his eyes.

I opened my mouth going to say something about the scientist being dead, and why the spirits aren’t telling him if he is or not, but I decided to save it for later. Seungri looked at me putting on a fake smile lifting up the tarot cards with his hands. This was the first time I saw the lines on his face. Like his face was made out of fragile rock and someone stepped on it making it crack.

“Now, back to the game.” He said.

“Wait, can I ask you one question before you show me the last card?” I asked.

“But, it won’t follow the rules.” Seungri frowned.

“Rules were made to be broken.” I smirked. “Every now and then, of course.”

“You got a point…alright, your question?” he asked having the cards still float in mid air.

“The experiment…what was it?” I folded my arms across my lap.

Seungri sighed as he looked down at his right arm, and putting his hands down along with cards, he folded up his sleeve to reveal two red marks; one was pretty recent, the other was faded out.

“He…that man took our blood and mixed them together, trying to get create a new concoction, in this case, a cure. Since he didn’t have Daesung’s blood, he just mixed his dose in with our blood. But something happened, it turned black and the fire that the flask was sitting over suddenly began to spark causing a domino effect over to the outlet in the wall.” Seungri explained as another candle blew out making the room almost pitch black. He didn’t seem to notice the candles around him were almost out and he didn’t seem to care at this moment. That eerie atmosphere came back as I lightly rubbed my arms trying not to show my goosebumps.

“Then just add Daesung’s blood, I’m sure it’ll-” but he cut me off.

“It’s not that simple. The chemical that Daesung took runs through his veins, so no, that won’t work.” Seungri interrupted.

“Oh,” I scratched my head from not thinking correctly.

“Now, are you ready to find out the last card? This card determines not only you, but your friend’s outcome as well from this investigation. Considering all of you are connected to the outcome.” Seungri asked getting off the subject of the scientist.

“One thing,” I interrupted again which I got an irritated look from Seungri, like he wanted chocolate and someone told him no. This was bugging me all last night, and I feel bad that I called him that. “I’m sorry about what I said, or really thought, about you. I understand that you are not what people think that you are.”

Seungri’s face turned from impatient to shock all in one second. The cards in front of us started to shake as his marks on his face started to fade away. Was he loosing energy?

“You’re serious?” he whispered surprised.

“Yes,” I answered looking at him confused from my apology.

“That’s the first time anyone apologized to me after calling me either a freak or monster.” He seemed to smile and I could see happiness in his eyes. Soon the cards started to fall to the floor, with the third and final card flipped over to show me a big, dark figure in a long black cloak holding a blade as tall as him, his face was a white skull, shining brightly underneath his dark hood; the word “death” at the bottom of the card. I looked down at the card; my heart was almost to a full stop.

“The death card…” Seungri whispered not looking at the ground.

Fear ran over me as I got up and ran over to the door.

“Lucy! You got to understand! The death card doesn’t always mean-” Seungri cried out trying to have me come back.

“It’s death, Seungri! Death is death! I think I understand enough!” I answered as the door opened up and as I was exiting the room feeling a gust of wind blew from behind me and it felt like it was trying to pull me back into the room.

“Miss, are you ok?” the guard asked me.

“No, I need the others, we need to go!” I answered shaking, almost crying.

“I’ll get the keys for the other rooms,” the guard nodded and headed out to another part of the building.

I went straight ahead into the hallway, but I stopped and the death card flashed into my mind making me tremble. Tears started to come down my face as I realized I had to tell the others. But how can I tell them something so horrible? How could I tell them?