I'm Not A Monster! ~Sarah's Information~

I'm Not A Monster! ~A Daesung Love Story~

Sarah’s Information

“Well it seems like he’s fast and super strong,” I concluded looking at Heather to make sure she was ok.

“Seems like it,” Heather sighed, “he just hit the desk and then boom! A huge crack appeared!”

“But the key thing that he mentioned is that he said that they’re hoping for a cure.” Lucy recalled.

I crossed my arms and thought how they can cure these boys. But the main thing is finding out about the fire and scientist, although this cure story sounds very intriguing.

“So the brothers are hoping for a cure.” Alice whispered.

“Yeah, but how can someone cure them?” Heather asked.

“Only he knows.” I said. “That’s what Taeyang said, didn’t he? But we just don’t know who ‘he’ is.”

“Girls! Remember what our main investigation is really on! The fire, and who caused it, and why they aren’t revealing any information about this so called ‘local scientist that works in our hospital’!” Alice yelled.

We remained silent knowing that Alice was right; we really shouldn’t get off track of our main purpose.

“Alice is right,” Sarah broke the silence. “We got to keep on track. Yet, the brother I was assigned gave away information that might lead on to why he wants the cure.” She took a sip of her water and cleared ready to tell what information she had to give.

**

“Good luck guys,” I whispered before I entered TOP’s room. The first thing that I noticed when I entered were the potted plants on his desk, most of which looked like poison ivy, with lights hanging above them, although there were lights already in the cell and several windows high above, it seemed like there just wasn’t enough. TOP was lying in his bed and he seemed to be…sleeping? I looked around his room and thought that the only thing I could try is to wake him up.

“Um…TOP?” I asked. “Wake up; I’m here to interview you…”

He didn’t move as his eyes were still closed, even though there was a bright light from the light above shining down right on him. I was surprised that the brightness didn’t irritate him. Putting my hand out, I tapped his shoulder several times, but he didn’t budge. I sighed trying what I could do, and one thing came to mind. I noticed that this light had a tiny switch to the side of it. Getting on top of a nearby chair, I stepped up and turned the light off, which TOP immediately woke up. I jumped down from the chair as he sat up looking at me with his light green eyes in a narrow position, his black hair touching the top of his right eye. TOP wore what looked like a huge beige coat with black gloves and black pants.

“Why did you do that? I was relaxing.” He told me in a deep voice.

“Sorry, but this is no time for relaxing.” I stated. “My name’s Sarah, I’m here to interview you.”

“I know.” TOP smirked. “It’s all because of the fire, isn’t?”

“Well, yes,” I sat in the chair, “and the scientist.”

Once I said that, TOP started to twitch his head to the side as he put his hand up to his head to only stop.

“Is everything ok?” I asked him.

“No, mentioning him just sends…bad memories.” TOP answered. “I’d rather not talk about it.”

He came up over to his desk and picked one of the leaves from the plants and started to crush the leaf in his hand. TOP picked up a glass pitcher of water and poured the water in a cup and put the crushed leaf in, stirring it up making it look like tea.

“Making tea?” I asked getting off subject.

“Not really, more of a supplement that I need.” He answered taking a sip and once he did, one eye changed its color from light green to a sky blue. My eyes widened as I saw this, but once he stopped drinking it would go back to light green.

“Your eye, what happened?” I asked.

He looked at his drink and put it down sitting on top of the desk.

“You seem to be more interested in me than you are in the fire.” He observed.

A light blush came across my cheeks as that seemed to be partly true.

“Well, if you tell about yourself, I might be able to learn about…you know.” I told him choosing the right words.

“Fair enough.” He said putting down his drink crossing his arms. “To start off, as you probably already know, I’m the oldest of my brothers, and-”

“I didn’t mean that kind of information, I mean information as in, the plants. Why are these here?” I interrupted him.

TOP looked down at the plants around him. Taking off his right glove, he touched a perfectly healthy flower, but once his fingertips touched it, the flower began to wilt and brown until it was nothing but a dry twig. Looking my way, he quickly put his glove back on.

“B-but how?!” I asked getting out of my seat scared, but fascinated by what he just did. “You monster!”

“This is what he did to me!” he yelled throwing the plotted plant across the room shattering the pot into pieces. Half of his face started to darken with dark tattoos as his eyes began to glow. “This half is my curse, my danger to others! I hate him, I want him to see how much I hate this, how much I hate myself!”

I backed away as he took off his left glove and started to come near me. His tattoos on his face started to fade away as his eyes started to glow from a bright light to his light green color.

“W-what are you doing?” I asked still backing up, but I hit the wall.

He was face to face with me putting his touch on a black and blue bruise on my arm. A warm feeling spread throughout my arm as his gaze didn’t leave mine.

“And this is my gift.” TOP’s attitude suddenly changed.

The lights began to flicker until they were all off as TOP and I heard faint yelling from where Kelly was, but it wasn’t her that was yelling.

“What happened?” I asked as I went over to the door to see if there were any guards around, but they were already looking around for a switch.

“Daesung, he needs to calm down sometimes, or his control can get out of hand.” TOP explained.

“Control? Control what, light?” I questioned and the lights suddenly came back on. “I have to go, I need some air. This is too much for me!”

I left the room hearing the clink of the door lock, and I could feel his eyes on me as I left the prison. I looked down at my arm where TOP touched and I almost stopped breathing from the surprise; the bruise was gone.