I'm Not A Monster! ~A Daesung Love Story~ Chapter 6

I'm Not A Monster! ~A Daesung Love Story~

Chapter 6

“So the boys are having exams now?” I asked as we moved Ken’s office.

“Yes, their abilities are extraordinary.” Ken wrote down a note.

“They’re not going to hurt them, are they?” Lucy asked concerned.

“No, of course not! Just think of it as an everyday physical.” He assured us.

I looked over at Alice, who looked very unsure about this whole exam thing. Lucy looked a bit scared for the boys, but she kept her cool. There was really nothing that we could do about it.

“So what are we supposed to do now? Just wait until they’re done?” Sarah asked a very good question.

Ken put his pen down and folded his hands looking around the room for something to do.

“Well, what did you find out yesterday? I heard Tom had to cut you short this morning.” Ken said.

Alright, we all know that they are with us on this case, but this is a prison. The people who work here other than the guards look up to see who can be put in this prison. Ken might be the boss and leader of this place, but doesn’t the information that we collect be more personal to us than it is to him? Although…he did inform us about the chemicals.

“We…didn’t really find out a lot.” Alice confessed. “What we really got, other than their abilities, was that the scientist tricked them into thinking they can help with something. What that ‘something is, we don’t know yet.”

“I see,” Ken trailed off. “Nothing about chemicals, though?”

“Yes,” I answered. “On Daesung’s desk, there were newspapers about missing chemicals, but the only chemical I read was liquid…something.”

“Liquid what?” Sarah asked.

“I don’t remember, but it started with the letter t.” I answered.

“Interesting,” Ken said writing it down. “At least it’s something related to chemicals.”

As the girls were conversing with Ken, an idea came in the back of my head. But, there was no way I could do that! The idea was risky and I might get thrown out of here for it, or even loose my job, but I had to do it! As an investigator, it’s my job of finding answers.

“I have to do it!” I thought.

“Excuse me, Ken, but can I be excused to go to the bathroom?” I asked.

Ok, not the question I was thinking, but it works! Ken looked at me funny and just smiled.

“Of course you can. The bathroom’s always open!” he laughed as I left the office and out of the room. Employees were typing away fiercely at their computers and I came across the camera room. I noticed that the watcher was watching the room where the brothers were. I couldn’t tell what was happening, but they were still in there. Smiling to myself, I made my way out of that section of the prison. Going around numerous corners, I noticed that I wasn’t getting anywhere near the boys’ cells. Wasn’t there a map in this place? Sighing, I went in the nearest door to my left, which had the words “KEEP OUT” on the top, and it opened up to a stairway leading down. I looked around to see if anyone else was watching, but there were neither guards nor cameras around this part, which was odd. I wanted to go down, seeing where it would lead, but footsteps coming from the end of the hallway made me close the door and continue my way to find the room.

 “Good evening,” the guard smiled as he passed me. “You look lost, are you looking for Ken?”

“What? Oh, no, I was actually looking for the bathroom.” I smiled nervously.

“Oh! Well the nearest one is down this hall and to your right; you’ll see a door that will say B2, and then once you enter, it will be to your right.” He smiled.

“Thank you,” I smiled as I took the guards directions, although I know I won’t be anywhere near the cells. Once I got to the door that had B2 on it, I opened it up and goosebumps just went down my spine. I arrived in the room where the brother’s cells were. How did that guard know? Did he know where I was going? And if he did, then how did he find out? The cell doors were opened up and there were no guards this time. I can’t believe I’m going to do this again, but this time I need to be fast. Taking a deep breath, I made my way to Daesung’s cell and the lamp sitting on the desk. Sitting in the chair, I looked through the drawers, but all I found were the same notes and newspaper articles from yesterday. I could’ve sworn that there would be more information.

“Well this wasn’t eventful at all!” I whispered.

I was about to give up and head back when I saw a brown journal sitting at the foot of his bed. That must’ve what Daesung was writing in when I first saw him. I grabbed the journal and opened it in the middle of the book and began my reading.

Seungri informed us that five girls would be coming in today and ask us about what happened with the fire. I hope that it’s about nothing else; I don’t want to go into detail about what happened to us. Especially about that man…that evil man. Ever since he made me take that chemical, I’ve changed completely, yet I tried to keep my cool. I wish that I can go back and say no; no to this control, no to my attitude, no to him. This isn’t me. I’m not this monster that he created. Because of him my brothers and I lost everything; family, friends…Olivia. And I understand why I lost them. How can anyone love a monster? My brothers are the only family and friends that I have left in the world.

My mouth hung open in shock as tears fell from my eyes. That’s what he wanted me to call him that day. He wants everything back, his friends, family, but who was Olivia? Sadness filled my heart for Daesung, he actually does have a soft side; he just doesn’t show it. I kept reading on.

The girl to interview me is here now. Brown hair, blue eyes…she looks just like her, but will she act the same way? Will she call me a monster?

That was the end of the entry, there were more, but I think that I wanted to save the rest for later. I put the book back down and was about to leave the room, when I ran into someone blocking the doorway. And he looked mad.

“What are you doing here?” he asked. “Why were you looking through my stuff!?”

“Why are you back??” I asked back.

“A little brother told me someone was in my cell. So I had to check it out. I’m not surprised it’s you.” He answered coming closer to me, eyes starting to glow. He was trying to scare me like last time.

“You are going to tell me about the fire.” I stood my ground.

His eyes stopped glowing as the tattoos started to fade away. Going over to the desk, he sat down in his chair not looking at me.

“You’ve seen enough,” he answered again.

“NO!” I started to yell, which surprised both me and Daesung. “I’m not taking that as an answer again!”

“Oh, so now you get your angry side out. That’s something that’s usually not like you.” Daesung looked up at me and had a little smirk on his face.

“And you aren’t usually like this are you?” I asked holding up the open journal. “You have a soft side. Why hide it?”

“Because…monsters aren’t supposed to be nice. And I was the last one to get tested on, so why would you think I’m like this?” He pointed out. “Another thing, you didn’t call me a monster, why? You heard what your friends called my brothers, and they’re not the first ones to do so.”

I crossed my arms sitting across from him on the bed leaning against the pole. I could feel his eyes on me studying me, trying to figure me out on why I didn’t call him that.

“Ok, listen, before we discuss that, we have to discuss the fire; no matter how badly you don’t want to.” I stated.

Daesung sneered over to the side and ruffled his hands through his hair. He leaned over to the bed and snatched his journal on the bed. Opening the journal to the beginning, his grip on the book began to tighten, but after looking after several pages, he put it down.

“Be ready for a ride.” Daesung warned.