I'm Not A Monster! ~Heather's Report~

I'm Not A Monster! ~A Daesung Love Story~

Heather’s Report

“Fire?” Heather asked. Alice nodded her head in response knowing that it shouldn’t be possible.

“So that’s it! He started the fire!” Sarah jumped to a conclusion.

“No, he didn’t,” Alice corrected. “He stated that there was already a fire hazard before the actual fire, and I can understand why.”

“I don’t get these boys,” I said. “One sees ghosts, one controls fire, one controls light, it shouldn’t even be possible for the last two!”

“This is where the scientist comes in, but since the boys don’t like to talk about him, it’s going to be harder to know more about him.” Sarah pointed out.

“Didn’t the paper say that the scientist worked in the local hospital?” I suddenly realized.

Heather immediately went over to the living room table and came back with the newspaper spreading it out on the table.

“It does say that he worked in the hospital, but if they knew who he was…why not mention a name?” Heather pointed out.

“Maybe they wanted to keep his name secret?” Lucy shrugged.

“Something’s still not right!” Alice stated.

“Well, maybe we don’t have a lot of details about him, but I did more information…” Heather started.

Before going into the cell, I looked over at Lucy and Alice going into the boys cells looking all confident. I on the other hand was a bit nervous, weren’t the others nervous as well? Well, maybe they were just hiding it well. The door opened for me as I entered the Taeyang’s cell. I noticed weights of all sorts lying on the floor, but there was something missing. Where was he?

“Looking for me?” a voice called out from above.

I looked up at the tall ceiling as he jumped down from an exercise bar. He wore a black suit with what looked like restraints going around his stomach, arms, and legs. His mohawk was down hanging down in front of his forehead, his eyes a unique white.

“Taeyang,” he introduced himself. “Assuming you already know.”

“Yes,” I answered him surprised. “I’m Heather and-”

“I know, you’re here because of the fire,” Taeyang said picking up a 100 pound weight like it was a piece of paper and putting it back on a rack next to his bed where even more weights were held. “At least, that’s what I assume.”

“Yes, that’s right,” I said as he sat down on his bed that seemed to be very stiff. “Do you know anything that could’ve caused the fire?”

Taeyang crossed his arms on his legs looking over to the side closing his eyes as if he tried to remember, or maybe he was trying to forget. Sitting down in his desk chair, which seemed to wobble a bit once I sat down, I steadied myself as I got out a piece of the article from the newspaper that I cut out this morning.

“It says that there were broken bottles in the basement, what were in the bottles exactly?” I asked.

He looked over to me and leaned against the pole at the end of the bed.

“I’d rather not talk about it, and no, I don’t care if you need answers.” He put his hand on his forehead and closed his eyes tightly.

“Fine,” I sighed as I put the article away, “if you don’t want to talk about it, I guess that you’ll get nowhere. And by that, I mean out of this prison.”

I started to get up and walk away, frustrated that he won’t cooperate, but then he was in front of me in a sudden movement. How’d he get there so fast?! But the last thing that I’ve said must’ve triggered something in him to get a rush of energy.

“How’d you do that?” I asked.

“If you want answers, then you better sit down,” he told me.

I backed up going over to the chair again steadying myself again, and this time, I noticed the ducked taped legs on the chair. I guess duck tape does fix everything.

“It was that dreaded scientists fault,” he began, “if he didn’t do what he did to us, none of this would’ve happened.”

“And what did he do?” I asked leaning forward.

“Tricking us into thinking we could help out,” he continued.

“Help out with what?” I questioned him.

“Secretive stuff, we promised not to tell,” he scratched his head.

“Well, you might as well tell, we have to know these things.” I stated.

“To start out, the scientist, he gave me and brothers…” he began, but the lights started to flicker, until they were eventually off. Taeyang’s eyes were now glowing a bright light which almost made me scream, but he came over in a swift motion and covered my mouth. “Don’t scream.”

I removed his hand from my mouth as I tried to get away from him, but the chair was starting to loose balance and it broke as I started to fall backwards, but Taeyang caught me with ease as I heard a loud cracking noise. The lights came back on as I looked over and saw that he was holding me with one arm from hitting the floor and saw that he had his fist in the desk steadying both of us from falling; which created a huge crack. I got out of his hold and started to head towards the door.

“I have no idea who you are, or what you are, but you got to see a doctor.” I stated.

“If it’s because of what I can do, I’m afraid I can’t.” he told me.

“And why not?” I asked turning around.

He was standing at the desk one minute, and then he was right front of me the next. Taeyang must have energy, but it seemed like he did that in one split second, in a blink of an eye!

“Because we are searching for him; hoping for a cure. Only he knows.” He answered.

“Searching for whom, the scientist? He is dead! It said so in the paper!” I argued.

Before he could answer back, I turned around and left his cell. Going down the stairs felt a bit difficult as I stumbled, needing the railing to hold onto. The moment he hit the desk, the vibrations were just starting to make me tremble.