I'm Not A Monster! ~A Daesung Love Story~ Chapter 2

I'm Not A Monster! ~A Daesung Love Story~

Chapter 2

We all went to another part of the prison that looked much more like our work back in the city, full of miniature offices and people buzzing around with papers in their hands frantically looking for a phone. Of course, there were security rooms with many little TV’s showing each part of the building. Ken’s office was at the very end of the room, and it was fancier than Tom’s back at work; red carpet, several book cases with books on crime and law. Along with a filing cabinet set up next to his desk, which the last one had what looked like a combination lock. Too bad he didn’t have a big window behind him; although what would there be to show other than sand? Ken went over to his files and got out a folder with the numbers 889 on the front, indicating this case.

“You girls got assigned a boy, right?” he asked sitting at his desk as the other girls began to sit down in the chairs placed in front, but I decided to stand.

“Yes sir,” Alice answered.

“There’s something that you girls should know before you go to them…” Ken said opening the folder going through the papers. “This case, as you know, is special. Not only do we think that they are in here for causing the fire, but they’re special…”

“Special?” I asked folding my arms.

“Yes, there’s a reason why they are here in this particular prison, but we don’t know what exactly.” He brought a paper out in front of us.

They were papers on how there were missing chemicals and elements that have been mysteriously disappearing from local hospitals and testing stations.

“Missing chemicals…what does that have to do with our case?” Alice asked pushing the papers back.

Ken was a little shocked, but he put the paper back in the folder.

“It has everything to do with this case!” he seemed a little upset that we didn’t know, and then he calmed down seeing our confused faces. “But, we think it’s connected to the boys.”

“How?” Lucy asked a good question.

“Lucy! Remember in the paper? It said that they found bottles in the basement!” Sarah jumped in.

“And witnesses said that they heard glass breaking!” I added.

Before anyone could say anything else, an officer, who was all geared up, came into the room.

“They’re ready,” he said, as Ken nodded and stood up.

“This is where I leave you girls. Peter here and the other guards will protect you when you’re in the rooms.” Ken explained as we started to head out. “And don’t forget…the chemicals.”

Those were the last words we heard from Ken when we left the room. Going through the prison again, seemed more confusing. It was like a labyrinth, I’m guessing that it was for whenever prisoners try to break out they would get lost. Our leader was quiet on our way back, which wasn’t a surprise. Alice likes to plan out and think ahead of the questions. Lucy seemed a little bit shaken up after hearing that chemicals might be connected to the boys. Heather and Sarah seemed…determined and wanting to get this done and over with. I on the other hand was curious; we never had anything like this, so it was interesting to me. As we got to the room, there were security guards on the top of the stairs as well as in the entrance. The walls were opened up to show the cells with the boys inside. My eyes went over to Daesung’s cell to see what was going on in there, but the lights in the building started to flicker on and off.

“Stupid electricity,” Peter said underneath his breath. “Remember, we are always right here if something happens.”

We all said our thanks as we went over to the boys’ cells’. The guard opened up the door for me as I stepped into Daesung’s cell. He was sitting at his desk writing something down, not noticing that I came in. He had bleach blonde hair where his bangs covered his left side of his face, a big white fur sleeve on his right arm with straps going across his torso and black pants. The door closed behind me making me look back at the guard, but he just nodded to me knowing that he’s there.

“Hi,” I said trying to capture his attention.

He still didn’t look up at me; he was concentrated in whatever he was writing down.

“I’m Kelly, I was-” but I got cut off by a rather surprising soft voice.

“I know why you’re here.” He said closing a book and putting it in his drawer. Looking over at me, I noticed he had light yellow eyes that seemed to shine like a light bulb. “You’re here to see what’s wrong with me. So, this is who they send; a girl trying to cast her charm on me to get answers, well…that won’t work.”

A slight blush came upon my cheeks, but I shook my head trying not to think of his words as he turned around in his chair facing me, all the while flipping a pencil in his hand.

“So, why exactly are you here?” I asked sitting down on his bed.

“That’s one question you should already know,” He answered coldly.

“Well, other than the fire,” I started as I sat down on his bed.

“You really think that we did that?” he asked with a little edge in his voice.

I was silent for a minute thinking if it really was them that started it, but another thought came to my mind.

“Other than the fire, what do you know about the scientist that lived with you and your brothers?” I asked.

The pencil that he was holding all of sudden snapped in his hand making me jump. Daesung seemed angry when I mentioned the scientist and I must’ve been seeing things, but I could’ve sworn that I saw something black on the top of his shoulder appear, but it quickly went away.

“Don’t speak about him,” he said.

“But, Daesung, I have to, it’ll help out with this case!” I told him.

“Well, if begging is all you’re going to do, then they sent the wrong person to get the information out of me, because begging won’t work.” he said as he got up and went inside that mystery door in the cell.

I sighed knowing that this would be harder than I thought. Instead of sitting on the bed waiting for him to come back, if he will come back, I went over to his desk seeing the newspapers scrambled out. Funny…I’ve never seen these newspapers out before.

CHEMICALS USED ON BROTHERS?

PERSON BEHIND THIS UNKOWN

MAD SCIENTIST ON THE LOOSE?

Well, at least there was something about a scientist and chemicals, but this wasn’t enough information. I looked over at the door, but he still didn’t come out. What could be behind that door? But my mind was already set on searching. I opened up some of the drawers and I got some interesting papers.

Test subject 5: Kang Daesung

“What?” I whispered slowly sitting down in his chair.

Day 30

Daesung is still getting used to the liquid tungsten. Daesung was the last one to get tested on, so it’s taking a while for him to get used to it. His brothers on the other hand are getting better at using their substance, although I feel as if they are against the idea now. I didn’t want to pull them into this, but I had no other choice. No one else would agree to this, but I had to do this.

Day 35

Daesung’s dose rose today, hoping to speed the progress of his transformation. His body seems to still be in the process of either agreeing or disagreeing with the tungsten. If it doesn’t agree, the outcome can be fatal.

Day 40

Success! So far, thanks to Seungri’s help, Daesung can control light bulbs, but nothing else. This testing would be more difficult than his brothers, as I feared. But he has to be extra careful. People are starting to raise questions about him and his brothers. Our next step would be producing light himself…

Day 50

Daesung finally produced light by himself, which means the chemicals worked. But he can’t control all of his powers yet. He needs a way to control them himself, and that goes to his brothers as well, otherwise if all of their powers can’t be controlled by themselves, the testing failed.

Day 55

I have to stop. I don’t want to do this anymore. The brothers are powerful, their powers are out of control. A cure…I have to find a cure! Before it’s too late!

“Huh?!” I gasped quickly putting the papers down back on the desk. Coming up from his chair, the mystery door opened up as Daesung walked out. I tried to see what was behind the door, but I couldn’t see anything. He didn’t say a word, but looked at the desk with the newspapers and notes from the scientist himself.

“What are you?” I asked him backing away towards the cell’s door after I saw the papers.

“Why are these out?” he asked going over to his desk putting the papers away fiercely. “What did you do?!”

“Well, if I wasn’t going to get answers out of you-” I started, but he looked at me giving me a glare.

He sat himself on his bed, arms on his legs, hands folded, eyes looking down in concentration. Soon he was looking my way with his eyes now glowing, black tattoos slowly spiraled onto his torso and arms.

“You shouldn’t have done that…” he whispered looking over at his desk quickly.

The lights in the room flickered until they were finally off. Blackness covered the building as I heard security running around shouting to each other to find the generator. I back up into the door, franticly looking for the handle, but all I could feel were the bars. Looking up, I saw his glowing eyes just a few inches away from me.

“How much do you know?” He whispered.

“Y-you were a…” I stuttered. “Test subject…”

His eyes narrowed as I could see his hands starting to glow a dim yellow light.

“Say it…” he hissed. “Tell me what I am!”

“I…I don’t know!” I said.

“Yes you do, I know you do!” he cried. “You read the papers! You read what I can do!”

My heart was pounding against my chest as he was getting closer to me. I can see the anger in his glowing eyes as he pounded his fist next to me on the door.

“Tell me what I am! Just like how your friends and everyone else told my brothers what we are!” he yelled.

“D-different…” I whispered hoping that I chose the right word.

The lights slowly came back on. His eyes and hands stopped glowing, and the tattoos were gone. With his eyes still on me, glaring, he removed his hand from the door and stood with no expression on his face.

“I was expecting a different answer…” he said as he went over to his desk.

This was only the first day of the interview. So…this is why we are on the case. A guard ran over to the door, tapping my shoulder.

“Miss, are you ok?” He asked.

“Yeah, yeah I’m fine…” I answered.

Daesung sat down in his chair putting away the extra papers that were laid out. I sighed going over to his bed sitting down gently. My heart was still pounding from what just happened and I was still shaking.

“So, that is what you can do. Now I understand why you are here.” I breathed out.

“No…you don’t understand,” he replied, “you’ll never understand.”

“Daesung, I know that it might be hard for you to explain, but we’re on this case…we need to know answers!” I begged. “Just explain to me how you can do this!”

He wasn’t looking at me, but he closed his eyes and shook his head.

“It seems like you’ve read enough. You saw what I can do. You have everything you need.” He answered smartly.

I bit my in frustration, but I knew that he would be tough in responding. I was about to ask him a question, but the guard knocked on the wall.

“Everyone’s ready to go, the interview is over for today.” He said opening the door.

“Well, we still have tomorrow to discuss this.” I said getting up.

“I’ll be looking forward to it, Kelly.” he finally said my name.

With that, I left the building meeting the girls outside huddled in a circle.

“Ok, so what happened?” Heather asked me crossing her arms.

“Yeah, we heard yelling in your cell!” Sarah said.

“He kind of got mad at me.” I answered. “I looked through his personal stuff while he went into that mystery door. He wouldn’t cooperate with me, so what else was I supposed to do?”

Alice nodded her head and put her hand on my shoulder.

“Don’t worry, Kelly, at least you got information.” She assured. “We got information as well, but it seemed like we had it easier than you did. But we will discuss this when we get back to the city.”

“But Alice, he controls-” I started.

“Kelly,” Lucy said. “We know…”

We got into the van leaving the prison, heading back to the city. On the way back, I slowly went to sleep.

The night owl’s hoot made me turn around scared out of my mind. It was in the middle of the night and I was taking a walk in the woods with no light at all. Not even the moon gave light to help me along my walk. Why was I here, again? I put my hand to my head trying to think why I was here, wait, how did I even get here? I turned around and started to walk the other way, hoping that it would lead me back to wherever I came from, or even a road. My walk gradually became a run as the owl’s hooting became louder and louder in my ear. I wanted it to stop, it hurt so much! I closed my eyes and went into a crouching position and put my hands over my ears.

“STOP!” I shouted.

I opened my eyes as the owl stopped, but sadly it was still dark. Slowly coming up, I could feel a presence behind me. Turning around, I saw a figure; all I could see was that it had the same glowing eyes that Daesung had back in the prison. My heart started to pound as he came closer and I started to back up from him.

“Why didn’t you say what you wanted to say?” he asked.

“What are you talking about?” I questioned him.

“Why didn’t you say the word? That dreaded ‘m’ word?” the man asked me again.

I was trying to figure out what he meant by the ‘m’ word. It felt like I knew, but part of me told me otherwise.

“I don’t know!” I answered.

“There you go again, answering the same thing!” he sighed. “Are you scared to admit it?”

I stood in silence as he nodded to my silent answer.

“I see, you are scared of me.” He stated.

“What? Who are you?” I asked.

His body started to glow a light yellow as he stopped in mid walk.

“You know who I am,” he answered. “I am your light.”

His whole body started to glow lightening up the whole forest getting rid of the darkness of night.