I'm Not A Monster! ~A Daesung Love Story~ Chapter 4

I'm Not A Monster! ~A Daesung Love Story~

Chapter 4

Sarah pushed up her sleeve to show us that the bruise was gone. We widened our eyes as there was something else that took place of the bruise.

“What?” Sarah asked from our confused faces.

Looking down, she gasped in surprise looking at the light green circle that seemed to glow, the light never fading.

“What is that?” I asked.

“I don’t know…but that is where he touched my bruise. It wasn’t there before when I looked at it.” Sarah explained.

“Must be his healing powers…” Lucy trailed off.

“These boys are just too much for us!” Heather pointed out.

“That’s why we were put on this case, Heather,” Alice stated.

As the girls were talking about how weird this case was for them, my mind went to other places, not paying attention to what they were arguing about.

His eyes glowed like lightning bugs lighting up the night, only they stayed glowing. Even though they were lit, I could sense the anger behind them. And then…BAM! His fist slammed against the door that I was trying desperately to open.

“Tell me what I am! Just like how your friends and everyone else told my brothers what we are!” he yelled.

I shook my head at the memory, but then it came back again; Daesung screaming at me, the lights going out, and those glowing eyes… I put my head in my hands trying to forget that that ever happened, but it seemed to haunt my mind.

“Kelly?” Heather asked. “Is everything alright?”

“It’s late, I have to go home. See you girls tomorrow.” I answered as I ran out of the door and all the way home. I threw my keys on the table as I made my way upstairs to my room. Thank goodness that I got home because it started pouring outside. I the lights in my room as I entered and the TV. Of course it had to be on the news and about the fire and the brothers.

“And in other news, the brothers are still missing, if you locate them, please contact-” the news lady told the audience.

“Lies, all of it,” I whispered going over to my closet picking out my pajamas. As soon as I changed and grabbed myself a snack before bed, I went to sleep waiting for another meeting with Daesung tomorrow.

**

The TV made me wake up from my dreamless night; I guess that I forgot to turn it off. Today was another day with him, I wasn’t ready for it. I know that I should be now that I know how he is, but I wasn’t. I sighed as I saw that the time read 7:15; time for work, in 45 minutes that is. Getting out of bed, I took a shower, got dressed, and not running late this time, I took my car to work. Todd nodded his head as I entered the building. Showing my badge at the entrance, I noticed how everyone seemed to be calm today.

“Ah, Kelly!” I bumped into Tom as I was going up to his office. “Get good information from yesterday?”

“Um, yes, we uh, went to Alice’s place afterwards and discussed things. I guess you can say we got good information.” I answered.

“Are you ok, Kelly? You don’t seem to be yourself.” Tom observed.

I remained silent until we reached his office. Alice and Lucy both arrived on time sitting on the couch, soon joined by me.

“Kelly, are you alright? You just left all of a sudden last night!” Lucy asked concerned.

“Yeah, I was just overwhelmed.” I answered.

“Everything will be alright, now that we know how the boys act. We just got to be more careful this time.” Alice patted my shoulder and nodded her head, smiling.

I smiled back as Heather and Sarah rushed into the room out of breath.

“Well, look who was almost late!” Tom laughed as he sat down in his chair looking at his file for his case.

“Sorry, Tom!” they both said hanging their heads in apology as they made their way to the couch sitting down.

“Now you know how I felt yesterday!” I laughed slowly getting my nerves taken away.

“Alright girls, be serious now. What did you find out yesterday?” Tom asked folding his hands on his desk ready for information.

We all looked at each other hoping that he was ready for what we were going to tell him. Would he think that we’re crazy?

“You might not believe us if we told you,” Alice warned.

“Girls, remember, we’ve seen and done weird cases, I think I can handle anything!” he smiled.

“Well, Tom, you see, they’re not…ordinary, to say,” Lucy started.

“They seem to have different controls over things,” Sarah continued.

“But there’s one thing that they all have in common,” I added. “They all get upset when we mention the scientist.”

Tom sat there staring at us, but it seemed like he was staring into space, or maybe he wasn’t impressed. Alice waved a hand in front of him, but he seemed to ignore her. He suddenly jumped when his phone went off.

“Ah, girls, I’m sorry about that. I was paying attention, I was, but my mind wondered into different thoughts. My murder case is still my main priority, and I have to focus on that.” Tom apologized. “So they all hate the scientist, interesting, but having control over things? What kind of things?”

“Well, it’s like one controls-” Heather started, but Tom cut her off after looking at his phone.

“I’m sorry to cut this short, but the van is here for you girls to take you again to the prison.” Tom said looking out his window.

“But Tom, we didn’t even finish!” I told him.

“I can’t control when you have to go, Ken makes all of the appointments.” He explained. “Now the driver is waiting, I don’t think he wants to wait any longer than he has.”

We got up as we said goodbye to Tom and left the city. On the way there, I was thinking of everything that we collected so far. A scientist, chemicals, brothers who control different things and have special abilities…it just seems like a sci-fi tale. We were half way there when Heather tapped my shoulder making me jump out of my thoughts.

“Hey, you didn’t tell us about your dream yesterday.” Heather pointed out.

“Oh, right, well, I can say that it had him in it.” I explained.

“Him? As in Daesung was in it?” Sarah asked.

“Yeah,” I nodded, “I was in a forest at night and he just appeared out of nowhere asking me questions, but I seemed to not know what he was talking about or who he was at the time. Then at the end of the dream, he lit up getting rid of the night.”

“That’s weird, it seems like he got into your mind somehow.” Sarah observed.

“Guys, it looks like we have bigger problems on our hands,” Alice pointed towards the prison.

We looked towards the prison as there were security guards running around the whole prison, more watch guards in the towers, and Ken looking frustrated talking to one of the guards. Getting out of the van, we ran to Ken confused as to what’s going on.

“Ken, what’s with all of these guards?” Lucy asked.

“The brother’s attempted at an escape this morning, but we caught them. I don’t get it, this is a highly guarded prison, my guards should be better than that!” Ken said throwing up his arms.

“Was this their first time?” I asked Ken.

“No, this is not their first time at attempting.” He whispered. “But, this place will be more highly guarded!”

We walked in the building, same hallway, but instead of going over to their cells, we went to another place in the building. This room had a balcony looking down on a huge deserted floor below with huge windows looking out at an open field with the prison surrounding it. We were all on the top floor looking down to see several mannequins placed in the middle of the floor. On the sides of the room there were people holding clipboards.

“Ken, what is this?” Sarah asked.

“Today we are testing what the brothers can do. Your interviews with them yesterday revealed a little bit of what they do, so we are testing them.” He explained. “Placed down there are 100 pound mannequins made of 100 percent glass; hard to move, hard to crush; that needs two or more people to do so.”

“Unless you’re a really strong person,” Lucy started to giggle, but stopped after she got the look from Alice.

“So, you’re testing their abilities.” Alice concluded.

“Exactly,” Ken nodded.

Soon the boys started to enter the room, looking annoyed as ever. Even from the descriptions from the girls’ stories, I could tell who was who.

“What are we doing here?” G-Dragon asked crossing his arms.

“Boys, see those mannequins? Destroy them.” Ken ordered.

I was leaning against the railing as I saw Daesung’s eyes locking onto me. His face went from annoyed to glaring the moment he saw me. My face remained expressionless, although I wanted to glare back at him.

“I thought we were being questioned again?” TOP mentioned to us.

“They’ll be with you guys in a bit, this is just a test. You’re going to use your abilities to destroy these mannequins.” Ken explained to them.

“At least it’s something that we actually do around here.” Taeyang sighed.

Taeyang was the first one to go at the end of the room. His eyes started to glow and dark tattoos were appearing on his neck as he ran towards one of the mannequins, but the thing was that he was in front of one of the mannequins in a blink of an eye and he high kicked it in the middle shattering it to pieces like it was normal glass. The top half fell to the ground making it look like snow on the ground. I looked over at Heather as I felt the railing shake from the blow below. Heather’s eyes were wide as she gripped the railing. I know that she was remembering her first encounter with him, just from her look. Next G-Dragon stepped up and took off his gloves, throwing them to the side.

“It’s about to get hot,” he warned.

A dark tattoo was appearing down the middle of his eye as his eyes started to glow; he produced fire from his hands! Raising his hands, the fire spread over to the mannequin, making it a dark brown color. The smell was horrible, we started to cough and as soon as G-Dragon noticed this, he stopped the fire and then he grabbed the mannequin not affected by the hot temperature and kicked it in the legs making it fall like ash, but he wasn’t done. He took the arms and body and smashed it to the floor.

“There, happy now?” G-Dragon asked annoyed looking up at us. I looked over at Alice as she was holding her hand remembering the warmth that suddenly radiated from G-Dragon’s arm when she held it. TOP was next as he calmly walked over to the mannequin taking off his right glove tossing it over to the side. His right side of his face started to get dark as his eyes also started to glow, and he all of a sudden grabbed hold of the mannequin’s neck violently and it started to rot, just like Sarah explained to us. The rotten parts fell off the mannequin like it was a leaf falling from a tree in autumn.

“What else can you do?” Ken asked him as soon as he began to walk away.

TOP turned around from picking up his glove as his tattoos went away and his eyes started to glow a bright green.

“That was only part of me.” He answered as he took off his left glove. Going over to the rotten part of the mannequin, he touched it and the mannequin began to, in a way, ‘heal’ itself.

“Amazing!” Ken said. “That scientist did wonders!”

Soon, TOP took off his right glove again and the tattoos came back, he grabbed the healed mannequin again as it began to rot and threw it to the side hitting the wall being upset that Ken mentioned the scientist.

“They’re not wonders,” TOP’s bad attitude all of sudden came back, “they’re nightmares!”

TOP stormed off leaving the room, guards following him out. I noticed Daesung crossing his arms leaning against the door frame looking bored to be here. I couldn’t help but think that part of him didn’t want to destroy a mannequin, or any of the brothers for that matter. Seungri was sitting on the floor meditating as Daesung told him to go up next.

“This is going to be fun,” Seungri smiled.

Getting up, he didn’t move from his spot as his eyes focused on the mannequin. Wind started to blow around in the room as his eyes glowed and he held out his hand. Seungri moved his hand forward as the mannequin started to fall forward. With one strong arm movement the mannequin smashed to the ground, and he didn’t even touch it! Seungri smiled as he turned around following TOP, and soon the other brothers followed, but Daesung got caught.

“Ah, Daesung, you still need to go.” Ken called to him. Daesung stopped and turned around looking at the note takers to his right as they looked at him in anticipation.

“I refuse,” he answered coldly.

The guards grabbed hold of his arms as soon as he tried to leave, which wasn’t a good idea. He got angry as his yellow eyes started to glow and his tattoos started to spiral on his body.

“Let. Me. Go.” He warned.

The lights started flickering, to only have his eyes and the light from the windows being the only light in the room. I gripped the railing as my first interview came back to me. I felt a hand on my shoulder trying to calm me down. Punching noises can be heard from below, powerful blows.

“COME BACK HERE!” one of the guards yelled.

“Where’d he go?!” another asked.

Soon an angry scream came from below followed by a shattering noise and I could see a half of a figure from the light from the window, who I’m guessing was Daesung, standing trying to catch his breath. The lights came back on and he stood next to his now destroyed mannequin. He glared up at us as two guards grabbed him, leading him out of the room.

“Just because I can control light, doesn’t mean I’m not strong.” Daesung told us, but I knew that he was directing it to me, because that’s exactly what I was thinking. “Are you going to call me that word now, Kelly?”