I'm Not A Monster! ~Heather's Report of the Inferno~

I'm Not A Monster! ~A Daesung Love Story~

Heather’s Report of the Inferno

“Excuse me, Ken, but I can be excused to go to the bathroom?” Kelly asked out of the blue.

“Of course you can!” Ken smiled. “The bathroom’s always open!”

As Kelly got up and left the room, I gave Alice a quick glance and she nodded quickly. Whenever Kelly asks to be excused for a strange reason, we know what she’s doing. Although she should be back before we leave, right?

“So, what are they doing to the boys?” I asked.

“Tests. As I said, think of their exams like a huge physical. They would have to take some of their blood, but not today. It’s way too early for that.” Ken explained.

“Blood? Why blood?” Lucy asked gasping a little.

“We have to know if any strange chemicals are flowing in their veins.” He answered. “Sorry to cut it short again, girls.”

“We were so close to finding out about the fire back in that room, too! But we’ll find out about the fire, at least and the scientist tomorrow.” Lucy said, until Alice looked at her phone and tilted her head back in annoyance.

“Girl’s I hate to break it to you, but we won’t be coming tomorrow.” Alice stated putting her phone away. “We’re off, remember?”

“Don’t worry, they’ll be alerted.” Ken nodded. “Anyway, I’m sure that you girls don’t want to stay here any longer, you should go to your interviews. I’ll guide you.”

“Hold up! Shouldn’t we wait for Kelly?” I asked.

“The bathrooms are not too far from here; we should run into her on the way there.” Ken smiled assuring us.

“Heather, just remember; Kelly knows what she’s doing.” Sarah whispered.

“And where are we going exactly?” Alice asked as we got up and started to follow Ken out of his office and out of the main room.

“This time, instead of their cells, you will be in different rooms. Each room is different, hoping that they might feel like themselves. And once they do, they might cooperate with you girls.” Ken explained the process.

“Ah, so you want us to interview them where they feel like they are more at home?” Lucy got the picture.

“Yes, exactly.” Ken smiled as we walked throughout the prison, going to the west wing of the building, a new place we’ve never been before. In front of us were five doors with a lock method in the middle of each door. Guards went to them, except door number 5, which is the one where Kelly was supposed to go, slid a card and typed in a number. The doors opened up and each room, as Ken said, was different. I looked inside the room I was going to go in and noticed that it looked a lot like his cell, only bigger and there were more exercising equipment around. To the left of the room, I could see a couch and a mini refrigerator.

“You girls ready?” Ken asked before we could go in. Alice didn’t say a word as she boldly entered her assigned room, followed by Sarah entering hers. I looked over at Lucy and I nodded assuring her that everything will be fine.

“But, what about Kelly?” Lucy whispered.

“Don’t worry, we trust her, remember? I’m sure she’s fine.” I replied as I took a deep breath and entered the room. The first thing that hit me was the smell; leather, sweat, and something that reminded me of a carbonated drink. At the end of the couch, there was a trash can full of energy drinks of all sorts. So that was the smell, but who could drink that many energy drinks? Weren’t the boys just put in these rooms? The sound of an opening can made me jump as I looked over to the refrigerator to see Taeyang drinking one of the energy drinks while leaning against the door. Blush came across my cheeks as a towel occupied the top of his shoulder while he had no shirt on which, compared to the last time, showed off his muscles. But the thing was, he didn’t look like he was tired…or even sweating.

“Sorry, did I scare you?” He asked taking a drink.

“Uh, yeah, just a little,” I answered. “How many of those did you have today?”

“This is my tenth one today.” Taeyang answered going over to the couch and sat himself down tossing the towel over the arm rest.

“And you’re ok?” I asked astonished.

“Yep. I really started to miss these for a while, although they did have these for lunch, I only had one a day.” Finishing the can, he threw it behind him entering the trash can.

“But how can you not pass out or worse?” I asked coming around and sitting down on the couch.

“We’ll save that for another day,” Taeyang said directly. “Alice did agree with TOP, didn’t she? Fire today, scientist tomorrow-”

“But that’s the thing,” I interrupted. “We’re off tomorrow, so we won’t be seeing you for a while. Alice realized that after we went back to Ken’s office.”

Taeyang sighed and leaned back against the couch crossing his arms. He did look irritated, but there was something telling me that he didn’t have much of an attitude as big as Daesung, or G-Dragon’s for that matter. It seemed like he understood certain situations, but he still had that attitude side to him.

“Fine.” He answered. “But just because I’ll tell you about the fire, don’t you dare think that the beginning of my story will be any easier to tell.”

“I understand.” I nodded, in which I received a quick surprise look from Taeyang. He seemed to shake it off as he leaned forward and rubbed his eyes and sighed. Folding his hands together and resting his arms on his knees, he looked over at me with a ‘are you ready?’ expression as I sat down gently across from him on the couch.

“The fire wasn’t our fault, not really.” Taeyang started. “As you know, G-Dragon can control and produce fire; he tried his best to keep it under control, even with that temper of his. But it started with me and him talking in his apartment.”

**

“Where’s TOP and Seungri?” Taeyang asked, although he knew the answer already. When they are not allowed to go anywhere outside the building, except for Daesung, he had to start a conversation somehow.

“Where else? TOP and Seungri are downstairs doing what they need to do everyday.” G-Dragon answered resting his head on the counter top in the kitchen. “You should know that.”

“Yeah, but it’s just so boring here! At least Daesung is still able to adventure outside. It’s like when we transformed, we got imprisoned here.” Taeyang explained.

“Daesung is able to go out, but it won’t be for long. You know how his control can get out of hand.” His brother sighed. “People are questioning Daesung about us. Why we’re not in classes anymore, why we’re not showing up to work; I don’t know how long Daesung can last out there. Soon he’ll be like us, trapped here like rats. Not to mention, all of our phones are missing!” The ice in the glass of water started to melt as bubbles started to form at the top, making it look like it was a potion.

“Calm down!” Taeyang warned. “You don’t want to burn the house down!”

He took his hand off of the glass as the bubbles stopped.

“You know what, I hate this!” G-Dragon yelled. “I want to take everything back!”

“We all do, but you know that it won’t happen.” Taeyang sighed sadly.

“Then we’ll make it happen,” G-Dragon got up from his seat and headed out the door.

“Where are you going?” He followed his brother down the stairs to the first floor to the scientist’s door.

“OPEN UP!” G-Dragon banged on the door. His hands started to light up as fire was forming in his fists as the scientist opened the door.

“G-Dragon, Taeyang, what brings you two here? You’re not supposed to go downstairs until one more hour?” He asked, but when he saw the angry expression of G-Dragon, he started to close the door, but G-Dragon caught the door, melting the lock on the door so it wouldn’t close properly.

“You know what? Everything that you took from us, family, friends, we want it back.” G-Dragon started to get fired up.

“Boys, you got to understand, I’m working on a project that you will seem very interested in.” the scientist started, but G-Dragon started a fire ball in his hand, in a sudden movement Taeyang sprang into the room, tossing heavy furniture to his side, not noticing the newspapers falling to the floor, he grabbed G-Dragon’s arm moving it to the side avoiding the scientist. The fire from his hand scorched a wooden table as the scientist ran to his room.

“Taeyang?! What are you doing?” G-Dragon asked. Taeyang’s eyes went wide as he saw the scientist behind him running towards them with an empty shot in his hand.

“Look out!” Taeyang tossed his brother to the couch for a safe landing as he fought off the scientist, grabbing him by the arms, he tried to hold back the needle that was coming closer to his arm. As the needle was coming towards him, Taeyang’s eyes glowed as he ran the scientist into the nearest wall in a blink of an eye, hoping that the scientist got knocked out. With the scientists eyes closed, Taeyang let go of him as he fell to the floor.

“He’s knocked out, now let’s go,” Taeyang told G-Dragon.

“TAEYANG!” G-Dragon yelled as his eyes went wide as his hands started to form another fire ball, but it was too late. Taeyang screamed as he felt the needle go through his arm, taking his blood. Before he could do anything, Taeyang passed out seeing his brother run towards him in sheer panic.

**

Taeyang brought his arm over to show me where the scientist drew his blood.

“It’s pretty old compared to the new shot, but it’s still there. And it bugs me to this day like an annoying bug bite that will never go away.” He explained.

“So, what happened after that? You had to wake up sooner or later.” I mentioned.

“Oh, I did, and so did my other brothers. Daesung told us that he found us lying on the floor in the basement; where the scientist’s lab is.” Taeyang told me. “And once we did, G-Dragon threw his fire ball at the scientist, but he moved, making it hit the wall behind him, which caused a shelf full of bottled up chemicals to hit the floor.”

“Ah, so that’s what caused the fire!” I jumped to a conclusion too quickly. Taeyang looked over at me and…smiled. Why was he smiling? Soon a cute laugh came from his mouth as he crossed his arms.

“You like to jump to conclusions, don’t you?” he laughed.

“Well, no, that’s usually Sarah, but I try to think quickly, all of us do.” I blushed.

“I hate to break it to you, but no, that was not the cause of the fire.” Taeyang corrected me. “The real cause was in his new experiment. When we woke up, he told us that he would explain why he lied, but he rarely got that chance. But he said he was trying to heal us.”

It wasn’t until now how uncomfortable he was talking about this, because his muscles were tensing up, up to the point where the veins were sticking out, and it looked like he was about to break something. But he didn’t sound uncomfortable talking about the subject. Maybe he was just trying to hide it.

“He mixed our blood together.” He continued, now expressionless like he wanted to get this part done and over with. “In a flask, he put it over fire, and when he added the liquid tungsten in-”

“What’s that?” I asked hoping that he wouldn’t be mad at me for interrupting.

“It was Daesung’s dose.” He answered bluntly, looking over at me now in an irritated way. I took a deep breath and moved away from him to give him some space. “He added it to our blood and something happened that it caught on fire. Luckily for us, Seungri told us to get down, but when we got up, the scientist was gone.”

“Yes, they did say that a skeleton was found among the rubble,” I added, but Taeyang seemed to not accept that as his eyes started to glow and he pounded his fist into the floor, making it crack up. I jumped from the vibrations of the pounding.

“NO!” he shouted for the first time as he got up in front of me and started to pace back and forth. “I won’t accept that he’s dead! I believe he’s out there, still alive. He’s our only chance!”

“I thought you hated him?” I asked.

“I do, Heather, I hate him with all my heart, but he is the only one!” He yelled loudly. Taeyang realized that he was starting to scare me, so his eyes stopped glowing and his breathing became calmer as well as his muscles dying down. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“I-it’s fine.” I stuttered. “Now I know why you can’t have any ordinary doctor to help you. I should be the one that is sorry, you know, for telling you that you need to see a doctor.” Standing up, I knew that I got enough information as I started my way towards the door, but Taeyang beat me to it standing in front of me.

“Please, Heather, you got to help us out.” He whispered.

“With what?” I asked.

“Getting us out of here…and finding him.” Taeyang answered.

“Well in order to do that, you need to help us out.” I said back. “We don’t know anything about…him, yet, at least. But the next time we meet, we will definitely know.”

“The next time we meet,” Taeyang repeated my words. He smiled and looked down at me, making me blush. “I’ll look forward to that.”

“One thing before I leave, though.” I said. “How did you get here?”

“Ask Ken that question.” He answered as the door opened up behind him. “I believe our interview’s over.”

“Yes,” I sighed sadly. “I’m sorry about the fire.” As I walked out the door, Taeyang grabbed my hand. I looked back surprised as he smiled warmly at me.

“Thank you, Heather.” He smiled, as he squeezed my hand a bit. As I smiled back at him, I removed my hand from his and left the hallway seeing the other girls surrounding Lucy, who seemed to be scared to death.

“LUCY! What’s wrong?” I ran up to them.

“We don’t know…she won’t talk. But we have to get Kelly and go home.” Alice nodded.