I'm Not A Monster! ~Lucy's Story~

I'm Not A Monster! ~A Daesung Love Story~

Lucy’s Story

I went upstairs to my assigned boy’s cell. The guard at the door nodded his head as he opened up the door for me. The first thing I noticed was the boy sitting on the ground and he looked like he was meditating with lit candles circling him. Before the guard could close the door, the door closed by itself, making me jump in fear.

“Don’t be afraid,” the boy said, “it’s just practice.”

The boy, who’s name was Seungri if I could remember, had short black hair with his ears pierced in random places. He wore a long white and black coat overtop a black shirt and pants with several straps that connected to the coat going across his chest.

“Hi, I’m-” I started, but he started to speak again.

“Lucy, youngest of the five,” he opened up his eyes, which surprised me at their unique purple color. “I know why you’re here, I’ve been told.”

“Ah, Ken told you?” I asked putting my hands on my hips.

I really wanted this to be my first interview where the interviewee didn’t know about me. Every other interview, the person I talked to already knew about me! Couldn’t I, just once, tell them who I am and why I’m on the case?

“No,” he answered taking a candle one by one and blowing them out.

“Ok then, the guards told you?” I asked him again.

“Wrong again,” he answered taking the candles to his desk.

I crossed my arms trying to think of who could’ve told him about me, other than Tom. But there was no way that he could’ve had a conversation about why I’m here. I sighed in defeat and sat on his bed putting my hand on the bottom of my chin.

“If no one told you, then who did?” I questioned Seungri.

“The spirits did,” He looked over to me and smiled while he sat down in his chair across from me.

I raised my eyebrows in confusion about what he meant. Although I knew that he said that the spirits told him, maybe I was with a crazy person.

“Spirits? As in ghosts?” I was about to laugh.

“Yes, they told me that you and four other girls were coming to question my brothers and I. I told my brothers why people are coming earlier. So I prepared myself.” he mentioned over to where the candles were.

“You’re being serious?” I asked.

“Why would I kid something about my…ability?” he asked back.

“Well, you are the youngest brother. I would think you would be more…childish?” I stated.

“I thought about the same thing for you.” He looked at me with a little smirk on his face, seeming satisfied that I understand him. Seungri scratched his head and turned around and went through his desk drawers to come back around and bring out a deck of tarot cards in his left hand.

“Let’s see what the spirits say about what your future holds,” he smiled as he had the whole deck of cards in his hand.

I crossed my arms in frustration, but something about him made me draw me towards him like a fly to the light.

“You know that I’m supposed to be asking you questions right now?” I told him.

“Yes, but this is more fun!” He smiled. “Besides we can get to the questions throughout, with each card revealed, you ask a question and I’ll answer it.”

“But I thought you knew me?” I asked.

“I do, it’s just more fun this way instead of just me telling you.” he answered.

I bit my lip in the offer and I sat up sighing. He still had the playful smirk on his face and I just nodded in agreement. Seungri put his right hand over top of the deck and magically the cards floated up with his hand. Moving his hands, he shuffled the deck in mid air in total concentration. My eyes widened at this and this was only when I noticed that he started to get faint tattoos on his neck that started to appear. He stopped his hands as the cards stayed flipped down towards the floor.

“How are you doing that!?” I asked shocked.

He remained silent as he looked over the cards closing his eyes concentrating.

“Let’s see how you are feeling right now,” he started with his hands going over the cards until he stopped and flipped it upright towards me. In front of me a card showing a lady in a gown with a crown on her head. The words “HIGH MISTRESS” displayed at the top of the card. “Ah, the High Mistress card. You’re feeling uneasy right now. Is that because of me?”

“B-but how?!” I asked with my mouth hung open in shock as he got it right.

“I already knew this, but I wanted to see your reaction. Besides, you have to believe me in order for you to go on this case, right?” He pointed out.

“Yeah, that makes sense,” I trailed off. “Now for my question, what do you know about the scientist that lived with you and your brothers?”

Wind suddenly blew into the room and Seungri’s expression went from satisfied to angry all in one second. His purple eyes started to disappear and they started to glow a bright light.

“He’s the one that made me this!” he answered. After he realized that he was starting to scare me, his eyes went back to purple and the wind stopped. “Sorry, it’s hard for me to talk about him. That man…he used my brothers and I, he tricked us into thinking we could help. I was the first one he tested with, making me do meditation and spiritual things, such as tarot cards. He made me practice everyday after classes until I could see and talk to spirits, in addition of doing things that are unnatural to people. Then once I mastered it, he made me help with my two brothers, G-Dragon and Daesung.”

“But what did he tell you that he tricked you into?” I asked interested more into the story.

“One card, one question, remember?” he reminded me.

But before he could pick another card, the lights all of a sudden went out. I looked up at the lights and back at Seungri, whos eyes were glowing again.

“What happened?!”  I asked.

The guards were running around telling each other to find a light switch and to check the faulty wiring.

“It’s my brother, Daesung.” He answered. “Your friend, Kelly, did something that made him mad. You see, he controls light, and when he gets mad, this is the outcome.”

The lights all of a sudden turned back on and Seungri’s eyes stopped glowing. The tarot cards were now on the floor, with two more cards faced up. Before I could see what they were, a security guard came over to the door and told me that time was up for me. Before I left the cell, I turned around to Seungri and asked him something that’s been burning in my mind.

“Seungri…what were the rest of my cards?” I asked looking quickly to the floor, but he picked them back up.

He looked up at me and put the cards back in his drawer as he lit another candle.

“That will have to wait until next time, Lucy.” He answered. “Oh, and please, don’t call me that.”

I left the cell, creeped out by how he knew what I called him. And the thing was, I was thinking the word…