Dark Past

Dark Ties

 

Dark Ties Chapter 2 
 
 
Tiffany P.O.V
 
 
 
"I'm off to school, will be back by 7," I shouted, my voice echoed through the house.
 
 
No reply came back. This was how it was, always the same silence, the same  'I don't care'. Maybe someday things will get better, maybe my parents will change, just maybe. That was the wish I wished for every year on my birthday since 3rd grade, but it never came true. Not after Leo and Michelle passed away. 
 
 
 
The house was in a mess, everything was going wrong, tears fell, screams of agony, furniture trashed. I sat silently in my tiny space behind the couch, watching the scenes unfold. I was only 7 but I managed to catch on quick. There had been a call from the hospital just three days ago, Leo and Michelle were in a car accident. My parents had rushed to the hospital, only to be informed that Leo died on impact and Michelle was in a coma. I didn't exactly know what was going on, but the taste of regret was there, it hung heavy in the air. I did what any normal child would do, I cried, asking for my older brother. Only, he wasn't there, never will be. 
 
 
 
The next day, things took a turn for the worst. Michelle was in critical condition, the doctors were getting desperate. I sat by my sister's bedside, begging her to wake up in my innocent little way. I thought she was sleeping, never knew she was dying. She passed away that night, with me still tugging her arm asking her to maybe open her eyes. My parents pulled me away, their face crestfallen, ashen at the sight of their daughter, the one that will never come back. 
 
 
 
The funerals were quickly done over, no one wanted to drag it. It only made it hurt worse. In just a mere three days, the world I used to know collapsed. The quarrels began. First, it was over minor things, like Leo and Michelle's belongings. Dad wanted to donate them, while Mom wanted them to be left just the way they were. It become worse, arguements ensued almost everyday, sometimes about things that did'nt really matter.
 
 

They soon began to blame me, for the littlest things, comparing me to my deceased siblings. Everything I did was picked upon. I would be lying if I said I didn't hate Leo and Michelle at some point in time. Heck, I cursed them too. Cursed them for dying and leaving me here alone to fend for myself, against monsters that were suppose to protect me. I died the day my siblings died. Stephanie Hwang died with her sister and brother. Tiffany Hwang was born. Tiffany was everything Stephanie wasn't. Tiffany was a great actor, an experienced one. She was a master liar, one who told lies straight through her teeth. In other words, Tiffany was the one who was still fighting through hell, Stephanie long gave up.

 
I miss them, everyday. Sometimes they appear in my dreams, it was only then I break down and become the baby girl I once was. The happy, joyous and innocent young girl. 
 
 
I walked into the school campus, my mind filled with thoughts. Sitting in my seat, my eyes filtered across the room to that lone girl. Her headphones were plugged in, eyes closed. She looked peaceful, beautiful. But somewhat, last night, the conversation with her felt surreal, it was one of the only times I felt that maybe Stephanie came back again. It scares me that she can make me so weak. I don't ever want to be the weak Stephanie, never. 
 
 
 
Lessons soon ended and it was once again break time. However this time, I stayed in class. I didn't have the strength nor the appetite. I just wanted to take a nap. My eyes fell shut as the music from my earpiece filled my ears. 
 
 
Never did I realised that I had company. A shadow hovered over me. I opened my eyes and plugged out my ear piece, just as she plopped down in front of me. Oh Gods, she was beautiful. Her hair fell just below her shoulders, her lips luscious, her face perfect. But when my eyes trailed up to her eyes, I was just mesmerised. Her eyes were hazel brown, combined with flakes of blue. They were the jar to her emotions, sadness, anger and affection. 
 
 
 
"It's rude to stare you know," her cold voice filled my ears.
 
 
I blinked once, before blushing, looking down.
 
 
"Sorry," I mumbled.
 
 
She chuckled, her laughter uniquely cute. It was lay back yet controlled. Like she was afraid of feeling happy. 
 
 
 
"I was wondering if you needed more tutoring for your math. You could come over to my place after school sometime and we could work on it together," she asked, surprisingly not able to make eye contact. 
 
 
I had to admit, I was shocked by her offer. Who would have thought the great Kim Taeyeon would offer to tutor me, one on one. I mean she gives a rat's about her own grades and yet she's caring about mine? 
 
 
 
"Erm.. Yea sure," I mumbled, still very well surprised.
 
 
She nodded before getting up and heading back to her seat.
 
 
"See you tomorrow," . I nodded giddily. Man, she has my head spinning. Why do you make me feel things I've never felt for a long long time? 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A.N
 
Updates for two days in a row! Man, I'm outdoing myself. Hope you guys like this chapter. It's a little dark. 
 
A little insight on Tiffany's past. Taeyeon's isn't any better. Both have suffered but will they finally love? 
 
Please comment and subscribe! Your comments give me so much encouragement!