Me, Myself and I

Dark Ties

 

Dark Ties Chapter 3
 
 
 
 
Taeyeon P.O.V
 
 
 
"Ms Kim, please," my driver motioned as I nodded, getting into the black Bentley.
 
 
We were five blocks away from school, no one could have seen me. That was how I liked it, no stares, no judging looks and most definitely no er ups. Not that I'm proud of my money. The money aren't even clean.
 
 
 
I rolled down the window, just in time to catch a glimpse of Tiffany walking out of a store. That girl was different, she wasn't like any other. She was interesting, mere entertainment I guess, in this boring ole world. As much as I want her as a friend, Kim Taeyeon doesn't do friends. It will always be me, myself and I. 
 
 
 
 
"We'll meet seven blocks away from school starting tomorrow," I stated to my driver as I wound up the window.
 
 
"It seems that my schoolmates have taken a liking for longer walks down the road,". 
 
 
 
"Of course Ms Kim," he acknowledged.
 
 
I fiddled with my fingers as I ran through last nights events. The talk, her voice, it all seemed so unreal. Was I beginning to lose my facade? Why does my veil fall when I see her face? That, cannot happen. Losing control over the screen that covers me will mean showing how weak I am, how helpless. That will mean my destruction, and I can never allow that, not in the life I live. I'll keep an eye on her but won't get too close. She means something to me, but I haven't yet figured out what.
 
 
 
The three storys mansion sat on 1800 acres of land, complete with a golf course, private airport, swimming pool, tennis courts and indoor sports hall. It was everything anyone could hope for in a house but it wasn't my home. To me, it was just a place where I sleep, eat and rest, not a place of comfort and relaxation. Heck, it was just like a freaking hotel. 
 
 
 
I was greeted by the two long rows of staff waiting for my arrival. Such a big house and the only person actually living in it was me. The staff didn't count. They were merely there to serve. They don't give a damn about me or my life. This place was just an empty shell, waiting for people to fill it up, only, it never will be filled up. 
 
 
 
"Ms Kim, your father would like to speak to you in the conference room," my headhouse keeper, Shin Dong addressed.
 
 
He gave me a pitiful smile before guiding me to the room. Shin Dong had watched me grow up, from the young innocent little girl to the Kim Taeyeon that exists today. He was one of the few that I could really trust. He was more of a Father to me than anyone else, needless to say, my biological Dad is an . 
 
 
 
"Taeyeon, glad I could finally see you home, we have matters to discuss," the speakers surrounding the room echoed my Father's voice.
 
 
I looked up at the projection that was suppose to be my Father as I took my seat. 3 years since I moved here, to America, 5 years since I met my Father face to face. He was always somewhere, but never by my side.
 
 
 
6 years since I finally found out what the 'family business' was all about. The great BDK Empire, was a multi billion cooperation which turned out to be just a facade. The real business was happening behind the scenes. Learning about it was easy, yet it was one hell of an experience. If you count getting kidnapped and listening to your kidnappers tell you stories of your own Father that you never even came close to hearing, easy, then my life has been a charm. 
 
 
 
"Pardon my tardiness Father," I said, my voice soft and cold.
 
 
My face was a frozen state of emotionless.
 
 
 
"Yes, back to business. I need you to be present for the annual gathering this year in America. I have other business to handle and won't be able to attend," my Father stated.
 
 
I never had a say or a choice, this was just instructions. My hands clenched into tight fists but somehow, my face never betrayed my anger.
 
 
"Make sure all is well between everyone and I want a full report on the happenings of each major player, do I make myself clear?" 
 
 
 
"Crystal, Father. I'll be prepared."
 
 
My Father had the exact replica of my face, devoid of emotions. Like Father like daughter, that's what they all say but I'll prove that I'm nothing like my Father, I'm better. The lights of the projector flickered off as the room fell into darkness. The dark was always my friend. 
 
 
 
I closed my eyes and embraced it. The dark was comforting, warm. My entire body relaxed. Memories flooded in, bitter, sweet and sour. The memories overwhelmed me.
 
 
 
"I got the girl, now give me my share of the money," the rough voice said as he threw me onto the hard cement.
 
 
My hands tied tight enough to leave marks, my mouth gagged with a filthy slimy cloth that stank worse than a garbage truck.
 
 
 
"I'll give you something alright," a gun shot rang through the air.
 
 
 
I shut my eyes and screamed into the cloth, trembling in fear. The man that took me fell dead before my eyes. I shrieked in pure terror as his dead eyes stared back at me, his wound pouring out dark red liquid that soaked into my shirt as I scrambled to get away from him. Tears fell as I hugged my legs tight towards my chest, seeking for comfort. I cried for my Father, anyone who could possibly have the heart to save me. 
 
 
 
"Shut up little girl, or you'll end up like this dead er over here," the man said as he grabbed my hair and threw me across the floor.
 
 
My head made contact with the wall and a shot of pain went through my skull. Blood flowed down my face from the cut but I didn't dare make a sound. For the first time in my privileged short life, I tasted my own blood. 
 
 
I was in that place for three days. Everyday was a torture, just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, it did. I cried at night, quietly, afraid to wake the sleeping monsters. I prayed for my Father to come but he never did. No one came. It was just me, myself and I. Things happened during the three days, things I never wanted to experience again.
 
 
 
I was abused physically, ually and mentally. Stories about my Father were told to me, terrible, horrible tales. Like how my father ordered people to murder an entire family, just because the man of the house betrayed his trust. Like how he cruelly saw that no one survived when he meant to kill. My Father was no business man, he was a monster. He became the monster that haunted my nightmares all in one night. 
 
 
 
The light at the end of the tunnel was getting dimmer by the minute, but it wasn't me physically dying, it was me mentally, my will, my strength. On the third day, I just couldn't give a damn about anything that happened to me. I just wanted fate to be kind and let it end quick.
 
 
 
My Father finally decided to show on the night of the third day. Chaos ensued. Shots were fired, men dying right before my eyes. Cries of terror, voices begging to be spared. It all happened in minutes.
 
 
 
 
I was freed by an unknown man that pulled me away from the chaos. He was shot dead by a stray bullet before he could get me out of the warehouse. I stood in the middle of all the violence, watching the scenes unfold. Not once did I cry out in shock or terror, I merely accepted.
 
 
 
 
A gun skidded towards me, only to be stopped by my foot. Calmly I stooped down and picked it up. It was an interesting device, created to harm, to kill. It showed the faulty in the intelligence of mankind, putting in brains for something so disruptive and violent. Cocking the gun, I slide my finger over the trigger.
 
 
 
 
My eyes ran across every man in the room. Spotting the man I seek, I took aim. I closed my eyes, reminiscing the cruel memories of what he did. When he violated my body, when he slapped me across the face for crying, when he me. My eyes shot open as a cold smile played along my lips. Go die.
 
 
 
 
'Bang!' That single shot was fired. It shot home, going through his thick skull clean in the middle between his eyes. The gun smoked from the end as I stared down the barrel, meeting the eyes of the dying man, his eyes wide from shock and something, terror. He feared me. He died fearing me. That alone gave me comfort. Silence eloped the scene as dead men were scattered over the warehouse floor. 
 
 
 
 
"Ms Kim, are you alright," a man I had never seen before asked, putting his jacket over my shoulders.
 
 
 
He slowly tried to pry my fingers from the gun I still wielded. I shook him off and walked towards the limousine. My Father greeted me as he tried to pull me into a hug. I avoided his arms as I opened the car door and sat myself inside. My Father didn't say a word, merely observing my behaviour. I was quiet throughout the journey back home, toying with the gun in my hands, loading and reloading. 
 
 
 
At the age of 13, I killed my first man and didn't lose any sleep. No regret no sorrow. Kim Taeyeon was no longer weak, she could hold her own. The training started, from karate to taekwando, to different guns and weapons. I was trained in every aspect needed to survive in my Father's secret world. Cunning, greed and secrecy, I had it all covered. I was a pure natural, many would agree that I take after my Father but I beg to differ. I started from the bottom of the tree but climbed my way up in a matter of months, taking my rightful place as my Father's heir. The men grew to respect me, fear me. Fear was needed if complete control were to be achieved. Kim Taeyeon heeds to no one but herself. Anyone who messes with me will suffer a fate worse than death. 
 
 
 
I twirled around in my chair, reminiscing the memories. Maybe I should thank those bastards for kidnapping me, helping me wake up and see through my Father's veil. They made me into who I am today, respected by many, feared by all. I'm technically still schooling, finishing up senior year but I still work for my Father, it's life long commitment, not that I had any say in the matter. I didn't ask to be the devil's daughter, did I? 
 
 
 
I walked out of the room, only to slump back on to the bed of another. My Mom passed away when I was born, Father never mentions her. I doubt he even loves her. He never gave me a Father's love. I've never felt love, maybe from Shin Dong but never from anyone else. I wonder what's it like to be in love. Father said love made men weak. I don't believe that. It might actually turn out to be the biggest strength mankind has ever seen. 
 
 
 
 
I'm 19 yet, never once had I experienced love. Maybe one day I will, maybe that one day will be soon.
 
 
 
A.N
 
Thanks to all the new subscribers! Love you guys! Do comment and share your views and thoughts. Your comments are my inspiration!
 
Taeyeon's past is kinda dark, she suffered a lot through out the years. This story is kinda personal to me, mostly like Tiffany I don't exactly have the best of days. Like her, I can only look at my loved one from afar, too afraid to say out... But that person is beautiful.....