No More

Dark Ties

Dark Ties chapter 17

Jessica P.O.V

The walk up the stairs was more than a walk in a park. My footsteps echoed through the empty hallway. They came to a halt outside a pair of double golden doors. My hands froze atop the cold handles. The photo frame clutched tightly in my grip. What if this wasn't enough? What if she never returns to the way she used to be? The possibilities endless, the chances slim. This was it, the last straw. Taking in a deep breath, I pushed open the doors.

 
The pale figure lay among the large blankets, her face barely visible. Softly shuffling in, I quietly sat at the edge of the bed, my eyes watering at the sight of Tiffany, a mere shadow of the woman she once was. Her once luscious black locks now dishevelled, the light no longer shining off her once soft hair. Her face was shallow, pale, comparing her to a zombie would have been a compliment. Placing my warm hands atop her cold ones, I couldn't help but noticed her clenched fists. Sleep was no longer peaceful for the poor girl. There was no escape to her nightmare. 


"I once swore they would pay, swore to rip them apart, to make them suffer ten fold of what they had inflicted upon you all these years. But now, all I could ever want is for you to be freed from your nightmares, start anew. I want to see that smile on your face again, your laugh. I missed your company, the times we shared. I missed you being happy. And that's all I could ever wish for you to be," I whispered, the empty room echoed my words. My thumb caressed the top of her hands in small circles. A single tear fell, landing on her hand. 


I shouldn't be crying. I should be the one standing strong, to be protecting you. But I can't, I can't go into your head and help you fight your internal demons, I can't help you forget those awful memories, I can't even help you regain your former self. I felt helpless, just like the day I left you, 5 years ago. It's been a long time since then but I've never forgotten the darkness threatening to devour everything I've came to know, the feeling for time running out, the feeling of having no where to run, to hide. I hated it, hated how weak it made me feel.


My hand unconsciously clenched over hers. Placing the photo frame gently beside her pillow, I slowly got up to make my way out of the room. But not before glancing back at Tiffany for the last time. "May you have sweet dreams tonight angel. And may you return to your former glory again. Good night Tiffany," the silent air replied as I slid out and shut the door.


A shadow slipped in the moment the door touched its frame. It's soft movements shifted the still air. It's foot steps silent as the silhouette approached the slumbering figure. It's movement halted as it laid its eyes upon the woman that lay peaceful atop the soft sheets. Kneeling beside her head, it lay a gentle hand upon Tiffany's cheeks, caressing ever so carefully, similar to that of a person handling a baby. 


"I missed you," it whispered as it slowly ran its thumb over her skin. "At least now, I know you're okay. If you being as pale as a vampire means okay, then yes, you're okay. Breathing at the bare minimum,".


Bending ever so slightly, the figure brushed its lips over her forehead. "Sleep tight my angel. I'll see you soon," the shadow made its way back towards the window. As quietly as it entered, the figure disappeared without a trace. 


Tiffany P.O.V

I woke up with a start. My mind in a whirl, my heart beating fast. Scanning quickly across the room, my eyes flickered through every corner. 


No one. 


What is happening? I swear I heard someone. The voice sounded awfully familiar and surprisingly soothing. 


'Sleep tight my angel. I'll see you soon,'.


Was it all just a dream? Perhaps a mere fragment of my imagination. My hand swept across my forehead. Then why did it feel so real? Shaking my head clear, I struggled to sit up. I had to admit I haven't been feeling any much better than the last couple of days. My nights troubled with nightmares, mornings bridled with worry, anxiety and somewhat loneliness. Worried about the people I cared about, anxious about the future, lonely because even with Jessica, there was still someone missing. Afternoons were no better. This dream, however, was no nightmare. In fact, it was surprisingly pleasant. It was exactly like the days I had with Taeyeon. Those nights had never been more peaceful. She was like my personal heroin. Someone I couldn't get enough of. And never will.


As I shifted my hand across the bed searching in vain for my phone, it hit a wooden frame. Slowly lifting it up, my eyes started to water as the picture came into view. 


It was us. In the past. Happy, full of joy. 


It was the only picture I had managed to preserve. Most possibly the bane of my life thus far. Bringing the frame close to my chest, the tears erupted, silently rolling down my cheeks. Memories flashed through my mind as I reminisced each and everyone of them. I ran my fingers through the words my brother, Leo, personally carved into the wood.


Leo, Stephanie, Michelle forever together. 


"Stephanie, come over here you rascal," Leo motioned as I scrambled over, tackling him for good measure. "Careful there baby girl. I've got something sharp in my hand,". I squeak in fright as I scooted backwards, eyeing the penknife in my brother's hand. He chortled, getting back to work. 


"What are you doing Leo Leo?" I peaked over his shoulder, my young eyes curious. "I'm carving a promise. One I vow to keep for as long as I live. I'm sure Michelle would keep it too," swiftly carving in the last words with daft hands, he held up his new masterpiece. "There, done. What do you think?" 


Eyes staring in awe, my small hands slowly felt the raw words, the edges a tad prickly. "Leo..., Stephanie,.... Michelle.... forever.... together," I slowly said the words, my premature brain barely recognised the words. "It's pretty Leo Leo," I flashed a brilliant eye smile as my brother embraced me, his knuckles rubbing the top my head. "Of course it's pretty baby girl. Stay happy forever Kay," I laughed, struggling to get free. He chased me around the house, the estate filled with sounds of laughter, happiness. 


A promise never kept. Years I spent asking why they didn't take me with them. Years I've spent blaming myself for their deaths though I wasn't in any way the cause of it. Years I've spent being tortured for something I had never done. No more.


It's well time I snapped out of it. Leo liked the old Stephanie that laughed with pure innocence, and actually felt happy. It was the least I could do to honour him. Innocence had long perished but happiness, that I think I could manage. Or at least I'll try. 


"Thank you whoever you are, for bringing this to me. It was exactly what I needed," I whispered to nobody. 


For the first time in weeks, I got out of the room to finally start anew. 


A.N

Hey guys! I know it's been a while and yes, I feel really guilty for holding this up. Okay, a few major things happened since I've updated. I would have updated much earlier if not for the news.

First, Tiffany is dating. Yes, I was pretty F**ked up when I read the news. I found out during English and practically broke down. I got judged, really badly. I was like "the world has ended".... And my friends were like... Er.. What?. 
Okay, so... The biggest ship of Kpop has sunk.... 

BUT, what if, what if! The dating was fake and just meant for publicity purposes? What IF, it was to distract us for the REAL couple TAENY? You know like to deviate attention?

I mean, COME ON.... TAENY is so freaking obvious most of the time they might as well come out with it. MAYBE, SM wanted to make us believe that TAENY no longer exists so that all the OBVIOUS moments would just be like "Oh, they're just really close friends." Because going to L.A, your hometown to visit your family with a really close friend and not your boyfriend is VERY NORMAL. Tiffany goes back quite rarely and yet she brings along Taeyeon. SEE HOW IMPORTANT TAEYEON IS to her? 

Ok or maybe I'm just being delusional. Well, I'm going to stay in my own little world and pretend Nickon doesn't at all exists.  

Secondly, as you can tell from my ranting. I still believe Taeny is REAL. So yea, I'm continuing this story. A pity some writers quit writing after the news came out though. Fan Fiction is purely FICTION so it doesn't really matter what happens in real life as long as we just keep supporting and believing in the ship. 

Thirdly, I know this is like WAY LATE but MR MR was epic. Though it was in a way, a little of a let down. I mean, I GOT A BOY was amazing and yet SM let's soshi comeback after IGAB with such a mediocre song although, I've got to admit, the dance break was just... OMG... So yes, as awesome as MR MR is, it couldn't beat IGAB. And I just wish they would come out on more variety shows. 

Well, leave your comments below and remember to subscribe and upvote! Love you guys!