Fate

Dark Ties
Dark Ties Chapter 10
 
 
Taeyeon P.O.V
 
 
"The limousine is ready, Ms Kim," Shin Dong informed, bowing low. I waved him off as I checked down my outfit. The gathering was tonight. My Father expected no mistakes, only complete success.
 
 
 
"I want an update on all the fellow big names attending the gathering. There is to be no violence, no threats and most importantly, no slip ups. I want BDK to leave that gathering proud and cool. BDK is to be still at the top, make sure of it. Take care of anything that's not suppose to be. If there are any challenges, get rid of them,". 
 
 
 
That was the last of his instructions. I don't intend to not comply. Incompetence only meant being looked down on and that, Kim Taeyeon, will not accept. 
 
 
 
I stared into the mirror. A black satin dress, lined with glitter around the edges. A diamond necklace around the neck and a simple silver bracelet. My brown locks left flowing, plaited to the side with tiny gems embedded in them. Thick black eyeliner and light red lipstick finished the look. Well, the exterior look that is. 
 
 
 
I smirked to myself as I walked towards the back of my walk in wardrobe, sliding open a secret compartment, revealing a room. I strolled in as shelves lit up, activated by the motion sensor. Running my hands over the various weapons that decorated the room, they landed upon a set of metallic blue Berettas. Casually picking them up, I twirled both in my hands. The cool metal reassuring against my skin. The light reflected off the surface of the sleek guns as I toyed with them. Training made me capable of firing with both hands, almost with equal deadly accuracy. 
 
 
 
With both guns still in my hands, I walked over to the opposite shelves, my eyes trailing across the countless gun holsters, before finally settling on a pair of black leg holsters. Strapping them around my legs, I picked up a knife sheath on the way to the next shelf. Strapping that to my ankles, I picked out a couple of nice sliver 12 inch Gil Hibben throwing knives. Placing all weapons in their respective places, I walked out, closing the storage room. 
 
 
 
Now, I'm ready. That cool smile still played along my lips as I stepped into the limousine. Let's have a great gathering. 
 
 
 
I walled into the hotel with light steps. A group of twenty men backed me up. The crowd of men walking behind a lone girl brought about attention from various patrons and staff. I ignored them, strutting through the hotel lobby. Choi Minho, my right hand stood by my side as we walked up the stairs to the ballroom, closer to hell. The announcer stood outside the double brass doors. He bowed as I approached. Whispering my title, the doors swung open as the announcer stepped before me. My heart pounded in my chest as my expression turned cold. 
 
 
 
It's time.
 
 
 
"Announcing, Kim Taeyeon, Heir to BDK Empire,". The entire room grew silent as I walked into the ballroom. My eyes grew dark and cold, my aura strong. The temperature started to drop as I walked down the aisle towards the table in the middle. People moved away, their eyes fixated on me. Nervousness threatened to overpower me but my pride and training prevented the worst, forcing myself to walk on with confidence and grace. The three men at the table watched my approach with calculative eyes. The men around the room started to move, clustering behind their various leaders. 
 
 
 
Taking my seat, my men surrounded me, creating a protective barrier. That was what they were trained for, to protect me with their lives. I ran my eyes over each leader, my face emotionless and calm. Plans had to be made, just in case anything were to happen. 
 
 
 
The first man to my right had a strong look, one of cruelty. His eyes hardened as he stared back. Jung Yunho, leader of J Hawks. Killed his own father to rise up the ranks. Specialising in manipulation and torture, rumours has it this guy kept his own underground harem, made up of girls he kidnapped from various parts of the world, playing and torturing them for his own pleasure. With torturing women as his past time, he doesn't think women are fit to do a man's job. He looks down on me, doesn't even think I'm a threat. That is a mistake he'll soon regret. A sadistic bastard, who hasn't once been caught by the law. Smart, crazy and cruel, these are the best words to describe him. Not to be trusted, he'll definitely will be a pleasure to kill. 
 
 
 
I moved on to the man on my left. He nodded as our eyes made contact. Ok Taecyeon, Heir to the great O.Ts. He is not considered an ally but he is definitely dependable in times of great need. Although, his help is only extended when he has something to gain. Known for his combat skills and wide connections, Taecyeon is a guy to look out for. If ever he turns on you, he won't stop until you're down. He is cruel when he needs to be and his creativity in killing will surprise you. I nodded back as I looked across the table. 
 
 
 
BDK's arch rival's leader, Choi Siwon. Crown S came into game play just three years ago. Siwon rose through all to come out at the tops. His great intuition and mastery of manipulation made him both invincible and feared. His eyes bored into mine as I causally stared back, making sure to seem calm and unaffected. With killing as a hobby, Siwon has long been known to be cruel and not to say the least evil. He disregards women almost as much as Yunho does, sleeping with them before tossing them aside. His motto; Women were toys made for men to play and enjoy. My preferences for partners disgusted him. An I've grown to hate over the years, he will always be on the lookout, to take over BDK's rank. His sick mind ruined his almost perfect face. A promise I made, I'll ruin his features the moment I get the chance to. 
 
 
 
"How are you doing, Taeyeon?" Siwon asked, snarling. I smiled, my eyes not leaving his. "Great, I hope you're well?" I asked back, my tone icy cold.
 
 
 
He smirked. "My life is very good. The women always give me a great time," he said it with such cockiness. I clenched my teeth, offended by his remark. He always knew how to pull my strings. As much as I wanted to rip his head out now and then, I remained calm, coolly smiling it off.
 
 
 
"I'm sure they do," . He growled, pissed that his crude statement failed to garner a reaction. He glowered at me as I leaned back into my chair. 
 
 
 
The business talk began. Every single person in the room was at their toes. The entire discussion was like a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. One wrong sentence, one wrong move and chaos will ensue. My mission was to make sure that didn't happen. I listened quietly to everything, putting in a sentence or two every now and then. 
 
 
 
"To peace," Taecyeon held up his glass of wine as the discussion closed. I raised my glass, followed by Yunho and Siwon. "To peace," all said at once. We stood up as I shook hands with each leader. Siwon glared at me as I took his hand in mine. My veil never dropped, not in a place made of monsters. Yunho shook mine reluctantly, still convinced that I was just small fry. 
 
 
 
"Have a great year ahead," Taecyeon said as he shook my hand. At least someone had manners. The members of each group started mingling as the lights dimmed and beers were served. The worst was over. I excused myself to the restroom, waving off a protective Minho that was about to follow me as I walked out of the ballroom. 
 
 
 
My legs trembled as I hurried into the washroom. I crumbled into a heap behind the door. My face started to pale as all the nervousness and fear from before came crashing down. Thank the Lords everything went well. I scrambled to stand up as I leaned over the sink, splashing water onto my face. Drying my face, I stared into the mirror. Kim Taeyeon is cold, emotionless and strong. This is who I am and who I'm suppose to be. I not going to let a few bastards break that facade. With my face now devoid of emotions, I pulled open the toilet door, only to slam head first into disaster. 
 
 
 
 
Tiffany P.O.V
 
 
This family gathering was going to be horrible. Family gatherings happened every year when my grandparents came to town from Korea. It was always a painful, inevitable evening, one I dreaded with all my heart. I sighed as I patted down the white single sleeved dress. It hugged my body perfectly. A simple combing down of my black locks and I was ready to go. 
 
 
 
The warnings from both my parents were already given. I was to act natural and happy. Everything I'm not. That's not going to be a problem, it never was. In fact, I've been doing that for the past years of my life, every single day. Lying, I snickered, it's my specialty. 
 
 
 
I got into the car with a heavy heart. Let tonight pass quiet and uneventful. I don't need anymore drama. Not after Taeyeon. 
 
 
 
The restaurant, situated in a grand hotel was posh and elegant. My grandparents tend to make the gatherings seem formal and special. With my mask on, I sat down, facing my grandparents with a bright smile on my face. The talking began, with me trying my best to seem invisible. Not that it ever worked. Lying was always effortless and natural. They never suspected a thing. No one ever did. 
 
 
 
Until, her.
 
 
 
My thoughts started to deviate to the beautiful girl. The girl who seemed so special. The girl who seemed so much like me in someways yet so different in others. She was everything I wasn't yet at the same time we shared a similar pain. Kim Taeyeon, the first person who looked through my mask. The first person who understood. Her touch set my skin on fire, her voice sent shivers down my spine and her eyes, when they meet mine, it's like she could see though me, see into my soul. And yet, I won't ever have the chance feel her touch again. 
 
 
 
I zoned out, all thoughts on that one particular girl, oblivious to the calls from my grandmother. "Stephanie? Stephie?" she called, a look of concern on her face.
 
 
 
I pinched myself as I answered, "Er, yes? " I asked, a smile on my face. "Are you okay my dear? Do you need to go to the rest room?" the care in her eyes real. My parents frowned, clearly displeased with my lack of attention towards my grandparents.
 
 
 
"Yes, erm will you excuse me?" I scrambled out of my seat, bowing sheepishly as I headed towards the toilet. What was I thinking? How could I zone out? I'm going to get hell when I get home. I was about to pull open the toilet door when it swung open, revealing my ultimate nightmare. 
 
 
A.N

 

Hey guys! I'm back! Hope this was a satisfying chapter! 

 

I think most of you could have already have an idea about the world Taeyeon lives in. Guesses are of course welcomed in the comments!

 

Do comment and subscribe! Love hearing your views on the story!