Silent Night

Dark Ties

 

Dark Ties Chapter 5
 
Tiffany P.O.V
 
 
Great, I'm locked outside. Not that this never happened before. It always happens, as soon as I'm not back by 7 the doors and all other means of getting into the house will be shut. No warning, no phone call, no reminder. I sat on the doorstep, huddling into a ball, trying to keep warm. The temperature was freezing and I only had one jacket on me.
 
 
 
Should have left Taeyeon's house earlier, would have saved myself from all this mess. The question was, would I have? If I could turn back time, would I have left earlier? I don't think so... That girl was just too damn intriguing. Since I left her place, her face hasn't left my mind. It was both irritating and confusing.
 
 
 
I can't function right, not with her in my mind, distracting me, making me feel things I long forgot. But hell, today was great, best fun I ever had, even though half the time spent was on Math. I leaned my head onto the pillar, trying to get comfortable. Tonight's gonna be a long night. 
 
 
 
'Honk!' I looked up in surprise, only to see a black BMW pull up in front of my house. The windshield slid down, to reveal a face so beautiful, the moon would fail in comparison. "You didn't call," she said, a childlike grin on her face.
 
 
 
I felt my blood rush up to my face. I probably looked like a tomato in broad daylight, thank God it's dark. "Oh... I forgot," I said sheepishly.
 
 
Taeyeon slipped out of the car and walked over, standing in front of me. She bent down, coming inches away from my face. I felt my heart beat faster, my breathing raspy. "Why are you out here?" she asked, curiosity in her eyes. 
 
 
 
"I forgot my keys," the lie came easily to me.
 
 
I don't have keys, not now not ever. My parents always said keys were for family. I wasn't family, not anymore. I was just the demon who brought about my siblings deaths, I was just a shadow, nothing more. "I didn't want to wake my parents up. Thinking of which, since when did I tell you my address?" I asked, a small smirk appearing on my face. 
 
 
 
"Well, I have my means. Since you're stuck out here and I'm already here, why not stay over at my place for the night?" Taeyeon asked, calmly brushing away my accusation.
 
 
 
"I..I can't, my parents will never condone it," I managed to say, looking down at my hands. I shivered unknowingly as I rubbed my hands together to produce some heat. 
 
 
 
A light leather jacket fell on my shoulders as I jerked my head up in surprise. A cold and emotionless Taeyeon stared back, her hands gentle as they placed her jacket to rest comfortably on my bare shoulders. Leaving herself in only a tank top and jeans, she grabbed my hand and pulled me up.
 
 
 
"What are you doing? It's freezing, take it back," I reached over my shoulders to retrieve the jacket when her cold hand grabbed my wrists. All defying thoughts vanished when cold brown orbs stared into mine.
 
 
 
"First of all, that was a statement, made into a question out of pure courtesy. You're coming to my apartment and I don't accept no for an answer. Second, yes, I'm freezing but I'm not taking it back, you need it more than I do, your shoulders are literally frozen," she calmly said, pulling me slowly towards her car.
 
 
 
It took me seconds to process the cold words. I shook her hand off. "No, I'm not going anywhere," I walked back to my front steps, indignantly sitting down. I stared back at Taeyeon defiantly, eyes blazing. 
 
 
 
 
Taeyeon stood there, shock flashing across her eyes. No one ever said no to her, no one. They didn't dare. This girl, she rejected her good will? She shook her head clear. This feeling of rejection was new to her, it didn't feel pleasant. Taeyeon stepped towards the stubborn girl, taking a seat beside her.
 
 
 
"Fine, if you're gonna be stubborn, I'm staying with you. Can't let you stay here all by yourself," Taeyeon made herself comfortable, snuggling against the wooden pillar frame. It only took seconds for the tired girl to fall asleep. The look of surprise was obvious as my eyes followed Taeyeon's movements. She's gotta be kidding. Why would she give up her nice, warm home to accompany a stubborn and stupid girl out on the front porch? Does she at least have some common sense? I just sat there staring at the crazy, small yet beautiful girl. Her face was so serene, so peaceful.
 
 
 
Leaning against the wooden pillar, I sat there wide awake, staring at Taeyeon. My eyes memorised her every feature. She was the epitome of perfect. Taeyeon involuntarily shivered, her hands clutching a jacket that wasn't there. I scooted closer to her, bringing the jacket over to cover both of us. In her delirious state, she snuggled towards the warmth, her head falling on my shoulders, her arms around my waist. I stiffened in surprise. I didn't dare move, not wanting to wake the sleeping angel. It wasn't long before I too succumbed to sleep. For the first time in a while, I slept in peace. It was only the second time in years that it was without nightmares, both because of a girl I barely knew. 
 
 
 
Good Night Taeyeon......
 
 
 
 
A.N
 
Hey readers! Hope this chapter satisfied some of your Taeny cravings! This chapter was so fun to write, maybe because the two are just so sweet! I kinda feel that the chapters are too short, what do you guys think? 
 
Do comment and subscribe! Love to read comments!
 
Exams are around the corner so I might not be able to update that regularly but I WILL try my very best to update once every week. Wish me luck! <3