Pain

Dark Ties
Dark Ties Chapter 13
 
 
Tiffany P.O.V
 
 
The moment my foot stepped inside the house, my legs crumbled into nothing. I came crashing down onto the floor, as my tears sprang free, rolling down my cheeks like a million small rivers. Wet blobs could soon be seen on the carpet. Maybe the tears were for the stress I've just been through, facing those big men in the hotel lobby or maybe they were for the answer I can never give Taeyeon or maybe even the impending abuse I was going to face. I didn't know. My mind was a complete mess.
 
 
 
Kim Taeyeon. What have you done to me? You bring me nothing but trouble. Yet somewhat, I always end up in your arms. Tonight was no exception. By leaving the hotel without my parents' consent, I had practically signed my death warrant or at least my torture one. I could have stopped her. I could have went back, I could have pulled myself away. So many things I could have done but never once were they completed. The irresistible apple that Eve took down from the tree of Knowledge, Good and Evil. Taeyeon is my poison apple, the apple I end up eating anyways.
 
 
 
The shuffling of feet and the soft clinks of keys could be heard from the door. My head snapped up as I struggled to get on my feet. The pain could already almost be felt. The wait was always the most torturous. Without realising, I slowly backed away from the door with small unsure steps. My heart pounded against my chest. Stephanie was afraid. Tiffany had already braced herself. At that point of time, I had no idea who I was anymore. Stephanie, Tiffany it hardly mattered. Nothing was going to stop the pain. 
 
 
 
My parents stepped in, their eyes blazing. No words in the dictionary could describe the rage and hate I saw in their eyes. Tiffany could not stop it. Stephanie let out a whimper that seemed to fuel their anger even more. The rest was a blur. 
 
 
 
Thrown away by a powerful slap from my father, I landed just in front of the stairs. Pure fear and survival made me scramble up a few steps. My mother stood by the side, and heavens forbade, a smirk was on her face. My father approached with strong, heavy steps. His belt already wrapped around his hands. The metal end swung free, ready to deliver its first blow. Helpless and trembling, tears poured down my face. My cheek burned where his palm landed. My mind screamed in pain.
 
 
First blood.
 
 
The belt flew towards me without warning, the belt swinging through the air, causing a low hum. I raised my arm to deflect the blow. It hit home. The metal edge hit the centre of my forearm. A loud scream was heard. It sounded so terrified, so in pain. It took me a few seconds to realised that it came from me. The flesh had split where the belt hit. Crimson red liquid flowed down. I cradled my injured arm as I struggled to get away. It had never hurt this much before. 
 
 
 
The second swing came crashing down on my left leg. Another loud scream, this one pure agony. My mind was too broken to process anything. The swings kept coming, along with the angry words that were spat out throughout the ordeal.
 
 
 
"How dare you leave us at the hotel?" Third swing. 
 
 
 
"Did you know how embarrassed we were?" Forth swing. 
 
 
 
"Haven't you done enough harm to this family?" Fifth swing. By then, my entire body had gone numb with pain. Blood stained the long tattered white dress. My eyes were barely opened. A strong tug at my head was felt. He pulled my head up by the locks of hair. 
 
 
 
"All you brought was pain for our family. I'm just returning you the favour. You deserve all this. You should..." the loud knocking on the front door stopped him in mid sentence. Irritated, he turned towards the door. 
 
 
 
"Who the hell is it?" 
 
 
 
No answer.
 
 
 
He looked at my mother, signalling her to get the door. "You get it. I'm gonna get water,"she walked into the kitchen. Grunting, he threw my head on to the floor as he walked to the door. 
 
 
 
"What do you want! We're in the middle of..." He swung open the door. Only to be punched right in the mouth. He staggered back but another punch came. My father fell, his mouth and nose bleeding. 
 
 
 
"What the ! Who the hell are you and what do you want?" He screamed at the assailant. A dark figure stepped up from behind the door. ", you're just a little girl,".
 
 
 
I struggled to lift my head up. What I saw surprised me. A petite girl in a black dress stood menacingly before my father. But when my eyes reached her face, I led out a loud gasp. 
 
 
 
"No way...".
 
 
A.N.
 
Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapters. Don't really have much time in my hands. I do hope they satisfy you though!
 
Guesses for the mysterious girl anyone? 
 
Comment and subscribe please! Your comments are my strength!