Leaving

Dark Ties

Dark Ties chapter 18

 
Tiffany P.O.V
 
"When are you going to go back to school?" Jessica asked for the umpteen time. I sighed, not bothering to lift my head from my meal. This wasn't the first Q and A I've gotten from my over concerned best friend. You need a social life, she says. You need to complete your education, she says. You need to forget, she says. Easier said than done. Jessi has done everything she could to see that I recover strong and well. She got the best doctors, the best supplies, the best food. Everything was top notched. But there wasn't a single thing on this universe that could take always the nightmares etched so deeply into my mind, into my heart, my very soul. 
 
 
I can't ever forget, I never will. They made me who I am today. Tiffany would have never been born without these hardships. But above all, a tiny part of me was still scared. Afraid that this was all a dream, I never escaped the clutches of my parents. It was as if this peaceful life was all going to end the moment I woke up. 
 
 
I fiddled with my knife as I struggled to push aside my doubts. A small drop of red landed on the cleaned white plate as a small prick of pain brought my attention to the small cut on my finger. Hissing slightly, I pressed onto the small cut, putting a halt to the bleeding. A shadow loomed over me as a hand gently held mine. Her nimble fingers daftly cleaning the wound, as she blew soft kisses atop my cut. Just after she gently placed a small plaster over the cut, my hand grabbed hers. Hazel eyes looked into mine as I stared into the pair of beautiful orbs. They stared back unblinking. 
 
 
"Why did you come back?" I whispered. Soft silence over-loomed as she stared back, her fingers unconsciously tracing small circles on my wrist. Her soft touch left when she said," Because you meant the world to me and that world was taken away from me. I came to take it back" a long pause before she continued. "But I came too late. It seems like I lost it forever" she got up to leave but not before I grabbed her wrist. 
 
 
"I want to leave. I... I don't have anything left here that's worth me staying. I want to forget Jessi... I really want to..." Tears trickled down my cheeks. Each drop represented the very pain I felt. My chest tightened as I broke down. Dark locks came to view as her soft hands cupped my face, gently wiping away the tears that streamed down my face. 
 
 
"Then lets do that, we'll go anywhere you want. I'll buy a place there and we can settle down. I just want the old Tiffany back, the one I spent the best years of my life with, the one I cried for, the one I came back for," fresh tears threatened to overflow as Jessica stared right into my eyes. "I want you to be happy. I'll do whatever it takes to make sure that happens," her eyes glistened as she pushed a stray lock of hair back behind my ear. 
 
 
"Korea. That's where I want to be," a ragged laugh escaped. "Leo and Michelle used to talk about that place. They said it was beautiful. They always wished I was old enough to remember the memories we shared of that place. I was only 2 when we moved to the states. I'm sure it's their wish to see me spend the rest of my life there. Korea's the place Jessi."
 
 
A pair of deep brown eyes blinked back. "Korea it is. We'll leave in 3 days,".
 
 
Jessica P.O.V
 
"How is she?" The dark figure asked. 
 
 
"Fine. Better." I looked up at the shrouded black skies, the stars twinkling amongst the dark clouds. "You should know since you've seen her."
 
 
No reaction from the hooded figure as I played with the leather zip on my sleeve.
 
 
"I never stepped foot into your cursed mansion. Never did, never will. Not after that night." I stiffened when she mentioned a past memory. The day I betrayed her love, her trust. The day I made the very mistake that cost me my humanity. I left her for dead and didn't look back. "You should have killed me that night at Tiffany's. You should have gotten your revenge." 
 
 
"You had Tiffany and she was more important. Ever wondered what it was like to have feelings Jung? It can make you whole, yet, it could be the very reason for your death. But you'll never understand the feelings I'm describing, since you never did have a soul." She smiled as those words, a small smirk emerging at the very end of her lips. 
 
 
Turning away, I stepped towards my car, placing one hand on the handle. "Do you love her?" I asked, just before she disappeared into the shadows. 
 
 
"I don't know. But I'll do anything to keep her safe." Her voice echoed through the night and when I turned back to look at her, she was gone. 
 
 
"She's mine to protect. I protected her then and I will now. Good bye Kim Taeyeon." Driving into the night, never looking back. Just like that fateful night. The night Jessica Jung became cold.
 
 
A.N.
 
Really short chapter for a really long hiatus I know. Sorry :(. School has been horrible lately and I'm kinda bummed that Taeny might never be real. And that's kinda a downer. 
 
But no matter, I'm back and that's all that matters. I hope I'd be able to update more regularly now. Well, not now, but at least in a month's time. Exams are being a total wet blanket right now but at least it'll soon be over! Wish me luck guys!
 
There's a hint in this chapter. Taeyeon wasn't the one who visited Tiffany that night. So who the hell is that mysterious person?
 
Comment and subscribe! And I wish you'd have a great year ( until the end that is)  :)