Study Night

Dark Ties

 

Dark Ties Chapter 4
 
 
Taeyeon P.O.V
 
 
 
"Here we are," I stepped into the apartment. It was simple yet elegant, a perfect place for a normal foreign student. Nothing too extravagant, just normal with a touch of classy. Not bad, drinking in the sight of the apartment for the first time, Shin Dong has good taste in furniture and interior design.
 
 
 
"Please take a seat," I motioned over to the black leather couch, before roaming over to the kitchen to get a drink.
 
 
Tiffany scooted over and made herself at home, not forgetting to admire my place at the same time.
 
 
 
"It's a great place Taeyeon, you live alone?" she asked, her hand gently running over the designs on the vase. 
 
 
 
Great place huh. She should see my real house. But that would mean trouble and lots of explaining. Getting Shin Dong to buy this place was the best solution ever. No chance of letting out my little secret and no need for all the hustle from the maids and butlers. One could use some privacy from time to time. 
 
 
 
"Yea, I moved to America on my own," I fiddled with the buttons on the refrigerator, trying to make ice water come out.
 
 
So far, nothing. I take my compliment back, Shin Dong at choosing machinery.
 
 
 
"Do you need help with that?" a sweet voice asked.
 
 
I was about to decline when a hand reached over and pressed a few buttons. The next second, cold water flowed out. Hallelujah! Praise The Lord!
 
 
 
"Thanks," I took a long awaited sip, sighing in content, only to see an amused Tiffany staring at me. "What?"
 
 
 
She shrugged, still having that amused smile on her face. "It's just, you're cute, not knowing how to get water from you're own refrigerator." I stood there mouth opened wide. Did she just call me cute?
 
 
 
"So, I'm cute huh," I commented, opening the fridge in search of some ice cream.
 
 
Bless Shin Dong, he didn't forget to stock the freezer with all assortments of ice cream. You name it, I have it. Tiffany blushed a crimson red, her eyes directed on to the floor in an instant.
 
 
 
"N...no... It's just, amusing," she shuffled her feet, not daring to make eye contact.
 
 
 
Seeing her standing there like a little child that just got a caught stealing candy, it was really cute, I'm not even kidding. I laughed at her antics, "Maybe, come on, lets get started."
 
 
 
 
It was all seriousness for the next three hours. It was skimmed with a few laughs and jokes in between, mostly because of me. Well, who would miss a chance of teasing Tiffany? It was pure fun. Ten tubs of ice cream in three hours, I think I just broke a record. I set down the tub, only to find an angel in front of me. Maybe I was too distracted by all the ice cream. But how could I have missed such a scenic view for three hours?
 
 
 
 
 
Tiffany was bent over her books, her hair flowing down just to slightly cover a part of her face. She bit her pen in concentration, forehead scrunching as she thought hard. It was a sight to behold. "Beautiful," the words escaped my mouth in a soft feathery whisper. She looked up in surprise.
 
 
 
 
"What did you say?"  I tried to regain my composure as I struggled to find a proper answer. "Erm.... I meant block of wood. This ice cream taste like wood. Heh," I barely managed to say. Oh Gods, why did I say that word? What's going on with me? 
 
 
 
 
Just another hour later, we both were sitting on the couch complaining about school. "And you know, that time I wasn't even talking. He assumed I was crazy," Tiffany blabbered. I laughed at her dilemma.
 
 
 
"That must have been really embarrassing."
 
 
She laughed, "It was, I'd remember for the rest of my life." The laughter died down, filling the living room with an eerie silence. 
 
 
 
"Taeyeon, what happened that night?" her voice was barely above a whisper. My breath hitched. I expected this but I never knew what my answer was going to be.
 
 
"I don't know," my answer simple and calm.
 
 
 
"Who are you really?" Tiffany's question opened my senses.
 
 
 
Who am I? "I'm Kim Taeyeon. What about you, who are you?" I countered.
 
 
Tiffany looked surprised by the sudden question. It was one of the rare and real times where her face was without a smile. She seemed more mature like that. She looked like she been through hell and lived to tell the tale. 
 
 
 
"I am who I am, there's no real there's no fake. There's just me," her answer sounded vaguely familiar. It took a second for it to sink in.
 
 
She sounded like me.  
 
 
 
She left my place an hour later but not without me reminding her to give me a call once she got home, just as a precaution. She left me to ponder about the night's events alone. It was one of the most relaxed days of my life. Just pure girls talk and laid back conversation. I didn't need to be on my guard, I could just enjoy myself. Why I didn't experience this before, I don't know. I just have a problem, not being able to trust so easily.
 
 
 
Today, I was happy and that's a rarity. Was my facade fading when with her? I'm not cold or emotionless when with her. In fact, it's the complete opposite. I never felt more alive. She's different, I'm actually being a normal teenager when with her. 'There's just me', this sentence still bugs me. There was more that meets the eye. Tiffany was holding in something, keeping it bottled up tight in a small deep compartment somewhere. This something was hurting her bad. What are you hiding Tiffany?
 
 
 
 
 
A.N 
 
Hey guys! I'm back with another update. Exams are around the corner but I won't let you guys down. Updating is my middle name! 
 
Thank you to all who commented and hi there to all my new subscribers! Do comment!
 
I actually wrote a blog for the first time in my life. It was something that had been bugging me since last year and I finally felt that it needed to be let out someway or another. That person is really special to me. That person is beautiful and wonderful and unfortunately I can only look on that person from afar....