I Hate That I Like You Boy

Coloured Kisses

 

“Calls are supposedly answered Princess.”

I quickly grabbed my phone unto my chest when I’ve heard Appa’s voice. I didn’t know he’d come early.  I stood and kissed his cheek.

“Avoiding stalkers?”

“Aniya. It’s a prank caller though.”

“You should change your number then.”

“I’ll do that Appa.”

 He removed his necktie and sat on the couch. “Come here.”

I sat beside him and rested my head on his shoulders while he put his arms on mine. He kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes to savour the moment. My father had been busy handling our businesses and usually he was out of the countries. Nonetheless, he was still the best father for me and Yonghwa Oppa. Jung Donggun was known to be strict but he’s respected by people around him. He loved our mother so dearly. He let us chose our own paths to take but maybe we inherited his business brains so we both took Management courses.

“Your mom told me you’ll go out in a date later. Is this with Suho?”

“Ne.”

Yes. My parents knew Suho. His family was also known in business circuit. His older brother was my Yonghwa Oppa’s former bandmate. If I would really date him, I knew my family wouldn’t mind it.

“Enjoy your dinner Princess.”

“Gomawo Appa.”

I hugged my father tightly. Something felt wrong inside me. I was missing someone. Then, I smiled warmly when I saw how he kissed my mother after whispering maybe something mushy because she hit his chest while laughing. Then my phone rang again. It was actually Minhyuk. He had been calling numerous times already and I wasn’t answering at all. I went straight to my bedroom and started preparing myself. Suho would arrive in few hours.

**

I wore a white Swaychic dress paired with boots. I let down my soft wavy brown hair.  I went downstairs after our maid knocked and told me that my date had arrived. For sure, my parents were already talking to Suho but I gasped aloud when I saw someone different. It was Minhyuk!

“Princess, Minhyuk is here to fetch you. He said Suho had an emergency so he couldn’t come.”

He smiled at me. God, I missed that but I still tried to control myself. I saw my father eyeing us both so I quickly went to Minhyuk’s side.

“We got to go Eomma, Appa.”

“Ne. Be careful and enjoy your night.”

Minhyuk extended his hand to them. “It’s nice meeting you Sir, Ma’am. I hope to talk to you more in the future.”

“I’m expecting that Minhyuk. And maybe… my daughter will talk something about her ‘new friend’ next time.“

I avoided my father’s gaze. Outside, I eyed at Minhyuk closely and was surprised when I saw his bike.

“Are we going to use that?”

“Yes.”

“I’ll go change first—“

He stopped me mid-way. He took off his jacket and gave it to me. “Gwenchana. Here, wear this.”

“Shiro.”

“It’s cold Krystal.”

“Then, you should have brought your car!”

“I love my bike.”

“Aish jinja.”

He moved at my back and put on the jacket on my shoulder. I controlled myself from sighing. I could smell Minhyuk’s scent. Then I remember the reason why I wasn’t supposed to talk to him even for a second!

“I’ll just call Suho to cancel our dinner date. I don’t want to be with you.”

“I know.”

My head turned towards him. “Huh! You’re impossible.”

“I’m sorry for what happened. “

“It’s nothing. You mean nothing to me so just go Minhyuk~ssi.”

I walked away from him. I didn’t want to cry in front of him. He suddenly grabbed my arm. “WILL YOU LISTEN TO ME FIRST?!”

I was so damn surprised when he raised his voice. How could this man?!

“I was in the hospital for days so I wasn’t able to go to school or contact you.”

“Were you sick?”

“No. It’s Junhee.”

“I see. I don’t care about her. Just go to your girlfriend Kang Minhyuk.”

“She’s not my girlfriend!”

I wanted to feel happy after hearing it but I wasn’t at all. She was not his girl but maybe he had feelings for that woman. I was so confused. Minhyuk grabbed my waist and hugged me tightly. I stood frozen. What was he doing?

“It’s you that I want to be with Krystal. Please stop pushing me away.”

I closed my eyes. I couldn’t believe Minhyuk’s saying those words to me. But I wanted to hear more. I wanted to hear him saying the words I exactly felt that moment. But he didn’t. He just held me closed as I slowly wrapped my arms on him too. I liked you Kang Minhyuk. There I said it.

**

We reached a small but elegant Italian restaurant. He held my hand as we walked towards a table.

“You said Suho had an emergency at home. Were you telling the truth?”

“Do I look like someone who would snatch a girl from a date?”

I pouted. He was right. That would be so mean of him.

“But I did it anyway.”

“What?!”

“I called Suho and told him we’re already dating. I said you were just mad at me so you agreed on that date.”

“Kang Minhyuk!”

“I’m sorry. I just missed you Krystal.”

I blushed furiously. How could he easily say that? “Stop it.”

“You’re blushing.”

“Stop or I’ll ditch you.”

“Fine.” He was still smirking though. Our food arrived and we ate silently. He was looking at me. Maybe, this would be the best time to ask him.

“Who’s Junhee?”

“She’s Donghae hyung’s cousin. She was living with her brother before but that bastard beat her up so she ran away. Junhee stayed at hyung’s place for a while but also left when her brother started making ruckus. Two weeks ago, she was badly beaten again. She almost fainted when Donghae hyung found her.”

“That’s cruel. What happened to his brother?”

“He got imprisoned.”

I sighed heavily. I felt guilty for being jealous with that woman.  Life must be tough for her. I felt Minhyuk’s hands grasping mine. “Junhee’s nice and she’ll start going to our school on Monday.”

“Cheongmal? That’s good to hear.”

Minhyuk smiled and continued eating his pasta. I tried to keep away the gnawing fear inside my heart. But yes, I didn’t feel good.

**

Junhee was beautiful. Her perfect white skin complemented her brownish soft locks. I was surprised that she was closed to Jungshin too. And Minhyuk was right all along, she was nice. Even Amber and Kyungsoo were so fond of her except Kris (weird, he was putting on that face again.. note: he did this to the people he didn’t like). I smiled to Junhee.

“Welcome to Yongwan University Junhee~ssi.”

“Thank you Krystal~ssi.”

“So you’re playing guitar? Woah, daebak!” Kyungsoo exclaimed excitedly.

“That’s easy.”

“Kris!”

I looked at Minhyuk and he was frowning at my friend. Junhee laughed awkwardly. “I’ll try my best.”

“Playing guitar is hard. I hope I could learn someday.”

“You’re great in piano Krystal.”

Wu Fan and his annoying remarks again. Thankfully, Amber finally noticed Kris’ iness so she dragged him away from us. I found it weird why he acted like that. Junhee’s like an angel. She was gentle and well-mannered. Minhyuk and Jungshin excused themselves for their class while I and Kyungsoo both offered a quick tour to her.

**

The days went by smoothly. All of us were cool about Junhee adding up the gang (well, Wu Fan slowed down from torturing her). There’s a sting of jealousy whenever I noticed how closed Minhyuk and Junhee were but I shut it off. I didn’t have the right to feel this way. I was not Minhyuk’s girlfriend in the first place.

One afternoon, I was walking at corridor alone. I just came from the library to read some books for our mini-debate tomorrow when I noticed two figures talking. I saw the woman leaning her head on his shoulder.

“I still dream about him Minhyuk~ah.”

“You’ll soon forget about it Junhee.”

“What if he’ll come back?”

“I’ll be here for you always.”

She embraced him tightly. I slowly stepped backward and bumped someone. It was Suho. I didn’t know what happened to me but I found myself enclosed into his arms while crying.

**

“I’m sorry I ditched you last Friday.”

“I don’t want to say I was okay with it because I wasn’t.”

“I’m sorry Suho~yah.”

“You like him Krys.”

I looked at him, eyes shut widely. “I saw how you looked at him and I was damn jealous. You never gave that look to me before.”

“But I liked you..”

“Ne. Liked. Past tense. You like him now.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. I just want you to be happy.”

“Thank you.”

“My brother’s throwing a party tomorrow night. Can you come?”

“Ne. I would love to.”

“Promise?”

“Oh.. promise.”

We laughed together. After that, he smiled at me and ruffled my hair.

**

I stifled a giggled observing how Kris, Amber and Kyungsoo danced like crazy. Of course, they were also invited. Suho was somewhere getting drinks for us. I went to the pool side and sat silently on the bench. I still remembered my last conversation with Minhyuk. He was pissed when he later knew about the party.

“I don’t want you to go there!”

“Please stop acting like my boyfriend because you’re not!”

He got speechless. I wanted to regret what I just said but when I remembered how he held Junhee, I was hurt again. I walked away.

I shook my head, trying to forget that dreadful memory. My phone suddenly rang. It was Minhyuk. I thought twice before answering the call.

“Krystal…”

His voice sounded weird. He was groaning in pain. “Minhyuk? Minhyuk, what happened?”

“I’m outside now. Can you come here?Agh…”

“Wait. Wait for me. I’m coming.”

I saw Suho approaching me but I ran as fast as I could. Minhyuk’s hurt. I went straight outside the house and I saw him leaning on the brick, lips bruised and groaning in pain. I bent down and cupped his face.

“Minhyuk, what happened?”

“I’m fine…”

He raised his right hand to my face , cupping my cheek. He suddenly leaned in closer to me. I could smell his cologne from the sudden closeness. His lips pressed against mine softly. For a moment, I was frozen in shock, my eyes wide, my heart stopped from beating. Then Minhyuk cupped my neck with his free hand, and I let myself relaxed into his kiss. His lips were soft, moving against mine. Shoving my embarrassment aside, I brought my arms around him and pulled myself closer.  All too soon he pulled away, and stared at me intently. Our gazes locked. I opened my mouth to speak but Minhyuk brought his lips to mine again, this time a little bit harder and deeper. My hand went up to his head to run it through his hair. Suddenly, he pulled away, hissing in pain, dropping his hands away from my face.

“A-are you okay?”

“I’m okay really.”

“I need to bring you to the hospital—“ I stopped when he suddenly kissed me on my forehead.

“Let’s just go home.”

I nodded. I helped him stand up. I remembered that I didn’t bring my car. Suho fetched me a while ago. I looked for his motorcycle but I didn’t find it.

“I brought my car Krys.”

I gaped when he pointed his blue Audi R8 V10 Plus. He smirked but hissed in pain again. I quickly put my arms around him but instead of walking, he pulled me closer. I was surprised but hugged him back. He wasn’t saying anything about what was happening to us but I realized, him beside me was more important.

“I like you Krystal.”