I Was Not Hurt.. Yes, I Wasn't (Denial Me)

Coloured Kisses

 

I didn’t tell my friends where I went after I skipped our classes but after that, they slowly noticed me hanging around with Minhyuk. So, I introduced him to them. Of course, they asked if we were in a romantic relationship but I said no (and mind you, they weren’t buying it).  Apparently, we got closed to Jungshin too. I discovered that he was very funny. He and Amber mingled nicely to Kris’ disappointment. Yeah, this Wu Fan was the jealous type one. Good thing, Tao was there to cheer him up (and again, I swear they weren’t gays!). Suho became aloof with me and I knew why. He maybe thought I was dating Minhyuk. I maybe inexperienced in a relationship but I wasn't naïve. I knew he liked me. Back there, it brought giddiness towards me but it slowly disappeared. I realized I didn’t like Suho the way I used to think. I was putting my things in the locker when he approached me.

“Krystal…”

“Suho, hi! You’re early.”

“Yeah. Actually I wanted to ask something.”

“About what?”

He cleared his throat before he continued. “Are you dating Kang Minhyuk?”

“You know him?”

“We both play baseball. He’s new to our team.”

Wow. I didn’t know that. So that drat played. “Krystal?”

“Oh, of course not Suho! I’m not dating him. He’s my newest friend.”

“Jinja? Thank God. So can I invite you to a dinner later?”

“I guess not. Krystal’s going with me. We will watch a movie, right Pres?”

I was surprised to see Minhyuk at my back. When did he get here? The two men were looking at each other. Each was throwing death glares. I looked at Suho apologetically.

“I’m sorry Suho. Minhyuk’s right. We will be watching a movie later. Maybe next time?”

“I see. I’ll count on that Krys.”

After he left, I faced Minhyuk. “What movie were you saying a while ago?”

“Insidious 2.”

“You didn’t tell me about it.”

“You chose me over Suho anyway.”

“That is because…”

“Because of what?”

My back touched the wall as he put his hands over my head, trapping me. Our faces were so closed.

“I swear to God I kick your once you do something again Kang Minhyuk.”

He laughed and patted my head like a kid. Then he rested his head on my shoulder. My heart was thumping like crazy. What was he doing?

“I’m sleepy.”

“What did you do last night?”

“I talked to you. For many hours. You were blabbering various things. My God Krystal Jung, ouch!”

I hit him hard and pushed him. “I will never call you again!”

“Yah, I was just kidding babe.”

He was using that endearment again. Seriously, Kang Minhyuk stop torturing me!

“Are you sure you’re not dating?”

That was Amber. She was with Jungshin and Kyungsoo.

“They stand so close like that. No Amber, they’re not dating.”

We quickly pulled away after hearing Jungshin’s sarcastic retort.

“Shut up Jungshin.”

“You broke my heart again Minhyuk~ah. You—“

Amber and Kyungsoo both pulled his shirt and walked away from us. “We had enough gays here.”

I laughed and stopped when I realized he was staring at me. “What?”

He avoided my eyes and pulled my hand. “Let’s eat. I’m hungry.”

**

Talk about randomness and that would be Kang Minhyuk. Instead of watching Insidious 2 like what he just said earlier, we went to his pad instead. I looked around. His place was big enough for him. It was adorned with black and white furniture. When I went to the kitchen, I saw black and white utensils too!

“My parents set this up before I came here. They were so good at planning everything.”

“What do they do for a living?”

“My father owns restaurants in LA while my mother is a wedding planner. My sister became just like her too.”

“Then why did they send you here?”

“They thought I was using drugs.”

I gasped in horror. Minhyuk saw my reaction and laughed.

“Yah! Is that even funny?”

“I was just kidding Pres. They sent me here to grow up. That was their exact word by the way. They thought I was so immature.”

“They were right.”

“Yah!”

I picked up the pictures beside the TV. “Your parents are good looking.”

“So I am.”

I was about to shrugged him off when I noticed the other photo. “Wait. Who are they?”

“My sister and her husband.”

“His face is familiar. I must have seen him somewhere.”

“Because he’s a Korean too.”

“He is? He looks like a Russian.”

“You’re falling for Lee Jonghyun.”

“Lee Jonghyun… Lee Jonghyun… that name really sounds familiar.”

“Get out of my house.”

“Tsk. Are you jealous?”

“What if I am?”

Was he serious? He started approaching me. I stepped back until my body touched the wall. He grabbed my waist. I put my hands on his chest to stop him.

“Minhyuk…”

“Stop mentioning other men when you’re with me.”

I gulped nervously. He was so closed to me again. I closed my eyes for seconds. I didn’t want to look at him. I might grab his shirt and kissed him real hard. What’s with Kang Minhyuk that made me feel this way? When I opened my eyes, I saw a glint of concern written all over his face.

“Hey, are you okay?”

I stomped his left foot making him squealed in pain. “Yah!Micheosso?!Agh..”

“Stop kidding around. Seriously, you’re an annoying kid Minhyuk~ssi.”

“Aish!”

His phone rang and I looked around his pad one more time as he took the call.

“Donghae Hyung…”

Oh,  I still remembered that man. He seemed really close to Minhyuk.

“Mwo?! Where is Junhee right now? Is she alright?”

Junhee? His Donghae hyung’s sister?  

“Ahrasseo. I’ll come over right away. Ne hyung. Ne…”

He ended the call and looked at me. “I’ll drive you home. I need to go somewhere.”

I wanted to ask him about her but I stopped myself. That would be out of line. But I didn’t feel good at all. A part of me was uncomfortable. I couldn’t explain the feeling. I became like this whenever I was with Minhyuk. Eottoke Krystal?

**

He was absent for days in school. I started worrying. He was not answering my calls or texts. Was he avoiding me? I was confused and yes, I missed Minhyuk. This was just normal, right? He was my friend. I intended not to think beyond that. I didn’t want to go there anyway. Jungshin wasn’t around too. He and his Sooyoung noona went to Ilsan to attend their grandmother’s death anniversary.

“Earth calling Krystal!”

“Kyungsoo~yah…”

He handed me a milk drink. I muttered my thanks before I went back staring at the open field. It was our break. Amber and Kris were somewhere again.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“Oh, you know I will never believe that. Is it because of Minhyuk?”

“What? No!”

“Don’t be angry. I was just asking Krys.”

“I’m sorry… but, am, yeah.. I’m thinking about him. He missed his classes for few days now.”

“And he didn’t call or text you?”

“Ne.”

“That’s strange. What was the last time you talked about anyway?”

“He got a call from his friend and then I’ve heard, someone’s in the hospital…”

“So?...”

The thought finally doomed me. I quickly grabbed my bag. “I better go Kyungsoo~yah!”

“I can come with you!”

“No, I’m okay. Tell Amber and Kris I headed home, okay?”

I ran towards my car. Good thing, I brought it. I would be skipping my classes again but I really didn’t care. After twenty minutes, I reached Myeongdong, specifically Donghae’s restaurant. I came out from the car when I saw him opening the door. The next scene left me frozen on my spot. Behind Donghae were Minhyuk and a beautiful petite woman. He was holding her elbow as if guiding her towards the door. She was smiling at him. I felt a pang of pain on my chest. I didn’t notice a single tear rolling on my cheek. I felt betrayed. Was she the reason why Minhyuk didn’t respond to my calls and texts? Was I nothing for him? I got in my car and was surprised to see my face full of tears. Damn it Krystal! You shouldn’t be crying! I wiped the tears and dialled a number. The person from the other line answered immediately.

“I’m free tonight Suho. Let’s have a dinner later.”

 

 

 

 

A/N:  Gotcha! I know some of you might kill me again for leaving the story like this. LMAO But seriously, I wanted to say thank you for those who commented, subscribed, or upvoted (I got votes, right? lol) Every attention you give for this fic overwhelms me. This is KRYSMIN, a crackship and not your regular OTP. It takes a lot of effort to read something you are not familiar of in the first place. So really, thank you so much. Are you one of us already? If that’s the case, welcome aboard shipmates! :D

P.S I love you. Chuuuuuuuuuuuu <3