Let Me Be With You... My Butterfly

Coloured Kisses

 

So baby don’t go

Yeah, take me anywhere with you

And we’ll walk together further

And when the world’s ending, I’ll be right by your side

Please don’t leave when the morning comes

Please don’t just disappear

Please tell me that you will always be right here

It’s as if I’m dreaming

Don’t fly away

My beautiful butterfly

 

Krystal dropped the letter unconsciously. She felt so numb. She wanted to cry endlessly again. Then her phone suddenly rang.

“Krystal, where are you?”

She broke down after hearing Kyungsoo’s voice. He heard him sighing heavily.

“We will pick you right now. Are you at Minhyuk’s place?”

“Ne.”

“Wait for us.”

After ending the call, she picked the paper and read it again.

 

I’m going back to LA, to fix things, to fix myself. This isn’t goodbye Soojung. I’ll come back for you.

I love you babe, you don’t know how much.

 

She understood Minhyuk but she was hurt. She didn’t want him to leave. Not that time where they just cleared things up.

Krystal stood and fixed herself. She went out and saw Kyungsoo’s car. He was with Junhee, Amber, Kris and Jungshin. The two girls hurriedly approached her. Amber hugged her closely.

Wu Fan spoke first. “Krystal, I called at Incheon. Minhyuk’s flight has not yet leave. Let’s go.”

“Kris…”

Kris patted Krystal’s head and warmly smiled at her.

**

“Don’y you know me? I’m Kris Wu Fan. My father owns China Metals, Miss.”

“I’m Do Kyungsoo. We have chain of hotels too.”

“I’m Amber Liu. We have bars and restos in San Francisco and here.”

“I’m Jungshin and I’m handsome.”

All of them, including the airport front desk clerk, turned their heads toward Jungshin. The woman was controlling herself from laughing because yeah, the others were throwing daggers at Jungshin.

“What?”

Kris shook his head and continued talking. “The plane hasn’t left yet, right? We just wanted to see someone.”

“I’m sorry Sir but we really can’t do that.”

“Yes, you can.”

They gasped loudly when they saw Yonghwa standing behind their back.

“Oppa…”

The woman recognized him immediately. She and the rest of the staff bowed respectfully. Yonghwa put his arms on Krystal’s shoulders.

“She’s my younger sister. Please grant her request.”

“Ne Mr. Jung.”

The woman called someone from the phone. Then she faced them again.

“You can proceed to the area Sir. Someone will assist you right there. But you are just given ten minutes as well.”

“That’s enough. Kamsahamnida. I’ll let my father know about your good deed.”

“Kamsahamnida.”

**

Minhyuk grabbed his phone and sighed heavily after seeing his wallpaper. It was Krystal’s selca. She took it herself.

“Bogoshipo Soojung~ah…”

Then a stewardess went to his side, “Kang Minhyuk~ssi?”

“Ne.”

“Someone wanted to see you. You are given by the captain ten minutes to talk to her.”

His heart was thumping madly. Was it Krystal? He went down and proceeded to the VIP area. He then saw their friends, Yonghwa, and… Krystal. Minhyuk walked towards her. They were looking at each other intently.

“Are you really leaving?”

Minhyuk nodded, “I need to.”

“When will you come back?”

“Honestly, I don’t know. But I will, for you, for us.”

Minhyuk pulled her as Krystal wrapped her arms around his waist. He glanced at Yonghwa, as if sending him a message through his eyes, asking for his permission or something. Yonghwa chuckled and nodded his head, understanding what he meant. He faced Krystal again and smiled.

“I love you my stupid sharp tongue little Pres.”

Minhyuk pulled her and kissed her tenderly on the lips. Junhee and Amber both wiped their tears with the scene as Kris, Kyungsoo, and Jungshin looked at the couple fondly. He broke away and smiled at her again but she hugged him back and stood on her toes. Krystal, with tears, leaned in and gave Minhyuk a quick peck on his cheek. “I love you too my stupid small eyes. See you soon.”

 

**

It was exactly two months after Minhyuk left to LA, and Krystal’s mood had never been better. Although her friends were there to cheer her up, she still missed her man. They talked or texted each other  regularly. He was updating her with Sehun’s condition. Luna’s parents also decided to admit her again in the rehabilitation center after knowing that she still used drugs.

One day, Krystal was locking herself again in her room, when Yonghwa knocked. He sighed after seeing her expression.

“Let’s go to LA.”

Krystal, beyond shocked, looked at her brother immediately. “Oppa…”

“I already talk to Abeoji and Eomoni about it and they said yes.”

With tears on her eyes, she stared at her brother. “Oppa, why are you doing this?”

“Because you’re my only sister and I hate seeing you like this. I want you to be happy Soojung.”

“Gomawo Oppa.”

Yonghwa pulled her closely. He kissed her forehead tenderly.

**

With Yonghwa, Krystal decided to go to LA. Her friends sent her best of luck. Jonghyun personally fetched them and told Krystal that Minhyuk was staying in his own place. Upon Yonghwa’s permission, she went straight to his apartment. He wasn’t there but she waited patiently. She waited because she knew she would finally see him, hug him or kiss him.

**

 “Krys!” Amber yelled from the other line. There was loud music blasting from the background that her voice wasn’t audible enough to be heard, so she ended up screaming. “We’re at Kyungsoo’s! Can you come over?”

“Why?”

“Just come you minion!”

“Wait Am—“ she was cut-off when Amber ended the call. She was confused. Was there any good news to celebrate? But still, Krystal changed into more comfortable outfit and headed to Kyungsoo’s house.

Unfortunately, five years didn’t change them. They still partied a lot. Kyungsoo and Mina were still together. Kris and Junhee were finally married, earlier than Donghae and Jessica, much to everyone’s amusement. Tao was just promoted in a higher position last month. Amber decided to build a talent agency with Jungshin (no, they weren’t dating though). Yonghwa and Seohyun had their second child last year named Jung Hana while Tiffany and Jonghyun had their Lee Jaejin. Both families were still staying in LA.

Kang Minhyuk? She had no idea where he was at that moment. *read: she missed him badly*

Krystal quickly ran down the stairs and told the maids that she’s going out. Her parents were somewhere. Arriving at a big mansion, she noticed lots of people. Jungshin waved his hand when he noticed her.

“Where are they?”

“Garden. Come on.”

They made their way to the crowd. Krystal really loved the garden. Kyungsoo’s mom personally took care of it. No one was around but food and flowers were everywhere.

“Are you ready?”

“For what?”

A second later, she heard series of voiced singing a familiar tune. Jungshin was grinning beside her.  She almost lost her breath.

“Crap. I forgot my own birthday!”

Everyone surrounding her, laughed. Her parents were smiling at her. Yonghwa and Seohyun with Chanyeol and Hana was singing too. Tiffany and Jonghyun were there as well, so as her friends! Suho went toward her, carrying a chocolate cake.

“Time for you to make a wish Krys.”

Her lips were quievering. She really wanted to cry. She was very moved.

She closed her eyes. “I wish… I wish Minhyuk is here.”

She could hear cooing sounds everywhere. She laughed again. Amber shouted that her eyes should remain closed.  Krystal followed while giggling. Then, a pair of hands held her shoulder. She gasped when she felt a warm lips press on her cheek and whispered. “Open your eyes.”

Quickly spinning around, her jaw dropped to the floor when she saw Minhyuk, grinning widely. He held her wrists and gazed at her.

“Happy birthday.”

Tears started streaming down her face. She didn’t hesitate to jump at him and give him a full hug, which he openly returned. Their guests clapped their hands and whistled, everyone was so happy for them.

“You’re here! I thought you're going back to Boston again.”

Minhyuk laughed. He had been managing his electronic company for two years already and he was so busy roaming around the world with her but Krystal wasn’t able to accompany him with his last business trip because of her own work. He stayed at Boston for almost a month.

“I missed you so much Krys.”

“I missed you too.”

Minhyuk bent down his face and kissed her. After letting her go, he knelt down on one knee. Krystal gasped, still looking for where her breath went. Was this happening?

He held her hand and gently the back of her palm. “Jung Soojung, I really don’t know how to do this properly.”

They laughed together. Minhyuk continued. “Soojung, I love you. You’re the only girl I ever loved. You got me saying and doing things I thought I’d never do. I love everything about you and wanted to protect you, be by your side forever.

Her tears were streaming down her cheeks as he gently squeezed her hand.

“You’re the best thing that ever happened to me Krystal and I’m sorry for hurting you before. I love you so much. So…”, he pulled out a blue box from his pocket, opened it, and Krystal were biting her lips. He took the ring and showed it to her.

“Will you marry me Jung Soojung?”

Krystal wiped her tears with her free hand, nodding her head quickly. “Yes Minhyuk. I’ll marry you.”

He slipped the ring in her finger and stood to wrap her in his arms again. People around them cheered on them again. Their families approached and hugged them both.

Krystal and Minhyuk’s relationship wasn’t perfect and they both knew that they had already learned from their experiences. What was more important was they were able to survive; they were able to hold for love.

They had shared coloured kisses and everything that they mean.