I Hold On To You

Coloured Kisses

Seven months passed and things went smoothly just like what I always wanted it to be.  Me and Minhyuk still fought over some petty stuffs like I got mad if he wouldn’t call me whenever he was with the boys or him, getting jealous over Suho even though there were already rumors about the latter dating an Art student. Tao broke up with his long-time girlfriend and we drunk ourselves just to show what he called ‘undying support’. Kris and Juniel’s relationship was getting stronger and to our surprise, he announced to us one day that he would be bringing Juniel to China to finally introduce her to his family. Kyungsoo and Mina’s case wasn’t good. They usually fought these days. And I knew, Kyungsoo was trying his best to save what’s left for them. Jungshin and Amber were still the craziest members in our group. They became awkward once when we started teasing them but Jungshin insisted that they were just friends. Amber seemed okay with it too.  So far, I was making the last year of being the president fun and worthwhile too. Seven months with Minhyuk and our friends were pure bliss… until, someone came and maybe about to break it.

**

That day, Professor Choi told me to meet a new transferee who personally requested me to tour her around the department. Well, some students really did that. Someone told me before that she was more comfortable if she would know the president first. We agreed to meet at the pantry. I noticed a girl wearing washed out pants topped with white flaring blouse showing her belly button. (My mind started figuring out how I would tell her about the dress code in our school) She had beautiful silky raven black hair and perfect body too. I decided to approach her.

“Annyeong haseyo. I’m Krystal Jung from Management Department.”

“Hi! I’m Luna.”

She talked in English and I assumed that she couldn’t talk Korean so I did the same thing.

“Are you ready to see the whole school?”

I was surprised when she sighed in relief. “Thank God you speak English. I couldn’t talk a while ago because they were just looking at me and I couldn’t understand them.”

“That’s fine. Let me help you then.”

“Thank you.”

“No problem.”

And so, I toured her around. Luna talked a lot too. She seemed comfortable being with me but there was something about her that hindered me to feel the same thing.  I scolded myself for thinking like that.

“So why did you transfer here? I heard you came from LA.”

“Well, I don’t think much about studies but I rather came here to bring back the person who would always make me feel complete.”

“Ah… your boyfriend?”

“Ex-boyfriend. But I never broke up with him so it wasn’t official.”

“So he’s studying here too?”

“Yes. I’ve heard he’s doing good.”

“Did you already see him?”

“Not yet. Bu I will… and I’ll make him realize that we need each other just like before… and together, we will go back to LA.”

She was saying those words while looking at me intently. Then I felt a weird thud from my heart. The way she blurted it out made me feel uneasy. Gladly, my phone rang. I excused myself to take it. And I didn’t notice Luna’s mysterious smile.

“Babe, where are you?”

“I’m touring around the transferee.”

“Do you really have to do that?”

“You know that I needed to.”

“I missed you.”

“We just saw each other a while ago.”

“Aish.”

I laughed. “I missed you too. Let’s eat at Donghae oppa’s resto later?”

“Ahrasseo. I’ll fetch you in your room okay?”

“Ne.”

I turned around to Luna after ending the call.

“Your boyfriend?”

“Yes.”

“Ah… I’m jealous.”

“Would you like to see our Management hallway?”

“Certainly.”

 

**

After eating our dinner at Donghae’s restaurant, Minhyuk drove off to Han River. We saw some lovers walking the area too but we stayed in his car. I looked at him.

“Do you miss LA?”

“I missed my family but not the place.”

“Wae?”

“Because I love it more here. “

I smiled and opened the car’s window. I felt the wind touching my face. I closed my eyes for a while then I gazed at him.

“Are you staying here for good?”

He didn’t answer instead he looked outside.

“There are things I left there that I don’t want to see anymore… not because I wanted to escape them but because I know it would benefit us all, me and my family the most.”

“What are those things then?”

A faint smile painted on Minhyuk’s lips. “Nothing. Nothing important.”

I realized by then that there’s something about Minhyuk that I still didn’t know. I was hurt but I didn’t want to tell it him. I avoided his gaze and fiddled my fingers instead.

**

Minhyuk wasn’t around when I introduced Luna to our friends. Amber and Jungshin being the friendliest ones, talked comfortably to her immediately. As usual, Kyungsoo was in bad mood and I knew that he had another fight with Mina once again. I sat beside him and patted his shoulder.

“Wanted to talk about it?”

Kyungsoo sighed. “How long are you going to hold for love Krys?”

“Until the other person finally let go?”

“You will not fight for him after that?”

“It depends. If he’s worth fighting for then maybe I will.”

“Huh. I’m tired of holding on. I love Mina so much that it hurts me seeing she’s no longer happy with our relationship.”

My hands went to touch Kyungsoo’s face and placed my head on his shoulder. Then Wu Fan went towards us.

“Kyungsoo~yah, do you want me to bake your favorite blueberry muffin?”

Kyungsoo laughed and nodded. Kris Wu, people judged him as the coldest one in our group, but no, he’s the warmest and loving one. I hugged them both.

**

Minhyuk’s POV

I sighed heavily after receiving Krystal’s text. She said they would go to Kris’ place to comfort Kyungsoo. As much as I wanted to join them, I still had classes to attend to. I put my phone in my pocket when I heard someone calling me. It was Sooyoung noona.

“Minhyuk~ah, Tiffany had been calling you since yesterday and she said you weren’t answering it. “

I groaned. I remembered I wasn’t able to tell my sister about me changing another phone.

“Mianhe Sooyoung noona. I just replaced my phone after losing it the other day. I’ll give her a ring later.”

“I see. You better do that, okay? She sounds worried and frantic.”

“Ne. Gomawo.”

Sooyoung nodded and proceeded to her room.

After my two classes, I went straight to my pad and dialled immediately my sister's number.

“Thank God you answered!”

“Mianhe. I’m using my new phone already. What’s wrong?”

“Ethan, listen to me.”

The doorbell rang. I walked towards the door but stopped midway after hearing what Tiffany had just said.

“Luna is in Korea. Luna wants you back Ethan.”

Then my eyes went to the monitor and my eyes grew wide after seeing who’s outside.

“You’re right. She’s here.”