Don't Let Me Go

Coloured Kisses

 

Krystal’s POV

My eyes became blurry as I witnessed the most heart breaking scene I ever encountered in my life. I felt Suho hissing in fury, feet started walking forward to release his anger towards the person who just gave me this unbearable pain. But I stopped him. I didn’t know why I did so, where in fact all I wanted to do was to slap Minhyuk or maybe worst, kill him. I looked straight into his eyes before running away from the scene. I heard Suho calling me. I didn’t turn back. I just wanted to escape. In my agony, I decided to drive off the school. I ran as fast as I could towards my car, hastily taking the remote button to open it. My hands were shaking. Then I dropped it. I picked it up and dropped it again. I stiffened when someone from behind embraced me. I forcefully wanted to let go but his arms were too strong.

“Krystal let me explain!”

I turned around and hit his chest countless times. He let me be and that infuriated me more. I slapped him again and kicked him but he still hugged me tightly. And then I completely stopped and cried in his arms.

“I hate you Kang Minhyuk! I hate you! I don’t deserve this!”

“I know… and I’m sorry. I’m sorry babe.”

After a moment, I completely stopped crying as I pushed him. He finally let me go. I leaned on my car without looking at him.

“Luna’s my ex-girlfriend.”

My eyes grew wide in surprise.

“I heard your boyfriend plays baseball.”

“Oh, yeah. He’s quite busy with their practice games.”

“That’s amazing! My ex-boyfriend plays baseball too.”

“Really? Maybe he’s Minhyuk’s teammate. What’s his name again?”

“Eth—“

I stared at him with pained expression. “Asking you right now why you didn’t tell that to me would be worthless. But… with what I saw earlier, are you back together?”

“Would it change everything if I’ll say no Krystal? Can you still trust me?”

I wished he just said no. I wished he denied it and maybe, maybe I would be a fool for once. But no Krystal, ignore your heart.

I wiped the tears streaming down my cheeks.

“I don’t know. You just made me like a fool. And I hate you that it hurt me more. Just go away for now… just go away from my life.”

I didn’t want to break down in front of him again so I opened my car, started the engine and left the place immediately. 

**

I wanted to drink and forget about everything but instead, I found myself looking at my brother’s moment with his wife and son in our garden. My parents were in a business trip in Tokyo so we were all completely by ourselves.

Yonghwa oppa carried Chanyeol on his shoulders as cute giggles and shrieks reverberating around. Seohyun eonni was looking at them fondly until they stopped. She gave them their fruit shakes which I knew Seohyun personally prepared. I heard my brother muttering his thanks before dropping a kiss on his wife’s lips. Chanyeol also pecked his mother’s cheek and Seohyun hugged them both.

It was a serene and happy scene… and I dreamt about it with Minhyuk too. When I came to know him and fell in love with him, I also started thinking about our future. I thought of no one to marry other than him. My first and last love. I vowed to become faithful. I vowed to stay beside him all the time. But he hurt me… and I knew I could never go back thinking about our happy ending again. I sobbed and palmed my face as I ran upstairs. My brother called me but I didn’t stop.

**

The door slowly opened when Seohyun eonni came in that night. I was staring blankly while seated on the pink love seat in the veranda adjacent to my room.  She sat beside me.

“Your brother was worried about you. He saw you crying a while ago. I tried to tell him that maybe he was imagining. But guessing from what I see right now, I know there’s a problem.”

“Minhyuk’s ex-girlfriend came back to get him eonni.”

“And?”

I looked at her. “And I saw them kissing.”

She gathered me on her arms as I was weeping again. “Hush love…”

“Eonni, why it hurts this much?”

She cupped my face. “Listen to me Soojung~ah. We are happy when we’re in love and happier if that someone loves us back. Yet, we are hurt when things don’t go with what we originally plan. When our happy endings are messed up and we don’t know how to put them back to its right places. But Soojung, we need to experience it. We need to learn and grow up from it.

… Minhyuk may have some explanations about what happened, and you love, need to listen to him. Hear him out and decide whether you’ll believe him or not.  “

“If I believe him for once, then there will be chances of me getting hurt again.”

“That’s true. But keep in your mind that love will always be like that. Love means happiness… and yes, pain. And maybe the right thing to do for now is to give him a chance? At least one chance.”

I hugged Seohyun closely. She was right. We needed to talk.  “Eonni can you keep this from Yonghwa oppa?”

She nodded and later tucked me to bed.

**

Minhyuk’s POV

I decided to turn off my phone when Jungshin started calling non-stop after hearing what happened earlier. The last text I got was informing that Kris was so enraged of me. I couldn’t blame him. I hurt Krystal. I groaned upon remembering how she looked at me with tears in her eyes. I still had remnants of scratches in my arms but honestly, it made me feel a bit better. I deserved death actually.  

“Stop following me Luna!”

“Let us talk Ethan.”

“Can’t you understand that I don’t want to talk to you anymore? We already broke up!”

“I didn’t allow it and never will.”

“You’re sick!”

“Maybe… but so as Sehun!”

I got speechless hearing the name. I dragged her out as we reached the parking space.

“I will visit Sehun sooner Luna but you don’t need to drag his name just to get back at me!”

“Remember that it was your fault why he got into drugs!”

I suddenly gripped her shoulders, eyes smoldering at her. “Don’t start with me. We both know who started everything. And Sehun didn’t save me Luna, because I got nothing to do with it. YOUR OWN BROTHER SAVED YOUR .”

Then Luna started crying. I thought she had finally realized her mistake but she looked back at me again. “My brother had gone through a lot. I wasn’t good myself either. And you will too Ethan.”

She pulled my nape and kissed me frantically. I pushed her in disgust. But she smiled again like she just won. She turned her head to the right and motioned me to see it myself. Then I saw Krystal, broken and hurt.

I closed my eyes and leaned my body on the soft couch. Fate had been so cruel to me, to us, and to everything that I planned for me and Krystal.

God, let me be with her. I loved her so much. I love my Jung Soojung.

 

**

My body was thrown to the ground from another strong punch I received. Yonghwa pulled my shirt as I moaned in pain.

“Who give you the right to hurt my sister Minhyuk?! I trusted you!”

“I’m sorry hyung…”

“You ing idiot!”

He punched me again. I didn’t fight back. I was expecting this. Yonghwa was right. He entrusted Krystal to me but I hurt his sister badly. Blood started forming on my lower lip. My eyes were already gnawing in pain. 

“Oppa!”

I saw Krystal running towards us. Then she pulled me into her arms. “Stop it oppa!”

“You better get up right there Soojung or I swear I will kill him!”

“Jung Yonghwa! Stop it!”

That’s Seohyun noona. I tried to open my eyes and saw her preventing her husband from approaching me again. But Yonghwa hyung was still fuming.

“Soojung!”

I heard her crying. She was touching my face worriedly.

“Oppa just stop now please… oppa.”

Yonghwa groaned helplessly. He walked out from the scene with Seohyun quickly following him.

**

“Agh!”

It was somewhat a dejavu. He was cleaning my wound again. But she wasn’t talking this time. Krystal continued wiping my lower lip. I grasped her hand on my cheek and looked straight into her eyes.

“I’m sorry babe. I’m sorry for everything.”

 She looked me and I pulled her and together we cried.

**

“Tell me everything. “

“I grew up together in LA with Luna and her brother, Sehun. We were all closed. Sehun looked up to me a lot. Luna and I started dating during tenth grade. Things were good that time until I saw her making out with another man during her own birthday. I was so furious. I broke up with her but she didn’t want to accept it. She tried to win me back but I realized I wasn’t really in love with her. “

… then one night, Sehun called me. He saw some heroin inside his sister’s bag. He confronted her but Luna slapped him instead. It was the first. They were too closed and she loved her brother to death. I talked to Luna. She promised to stop using it if I would date her again. I accepted, for Sehun. But she really didn’t stop. I found it myself. And to my surprise, she was giving some to Sehun already. At first he refused it but Luna blackmailed him. She told him that she would commit suicide if he won’t try some. Apparently, Sehun got addicted like his sister.

… One night, I saw them leaving their house. I followed them and reached an old building where they usually hanged out with their friends. I dragged Sehun and Luna out. She was hysterical until the police came. I got picked too. Tiffany noona and my mother were crying pitifully but my family believed I was innocent. Police pulled me out after confirming that I wasn’t with them.  Luna and Sehun’s family came too. But Luna’s case was heavier.

… police saw some drugs inside her car… to our horror, Sehun told them that he owned it. He did that because he knew they won’t get hold of him too long because he was just sixteen years old, barely a minor. But Luna’s parents used all of their connections so she was bail out shortly too. They both entered a rehabilitation center after that.

“So Sehun’s out now too?”

“No Krys. Sehun’s in mental hospital already. He… he never was him after the incident.”

I palmed my face and broke down as I remember Sehun. I felt Krystal wrapping her arms around my body.

**

After a while, we remained cuddling on the couch. I looked down on her and saw her already sleeping. I kissed her forehead and slowly carried her towards my room. I carefully placed her on my bed and pulled the duvet to cover her. I grabbed my phone and started dialling my sister’s number.

“Are you okay Ethan? Seohyun called me and told me what happened.”

“I’m okay noona. I understand Yonghwa hyung for doing it.”

“Is Krystal with you?”

“Ne.”

“I hope she’s okay too.”

“Noona…”

“Yes pumpkin.”

“Noona, I’ll take the first flight tomorrow going there. I’m coming back.”

 

A/N: (Literary freedom I think gives me the right to come up with a situation like Minhyuk-Luna-Sehun. Harhar.) That’s pretty much that I can grasp for this update. I don’t know if it has too much drama or not though hoping that you feel the sincerity from each character, especially Minhyuk. When I read your comments, I feel like shouting in my room “He’s not like that! He loves Soojung! You need to understand him! He’s not a bad person!” LMAO Now, I believe questions are already answered. The only left is whether Krystal and Minhyuk will be together till the end.

P.S The Yonghwa-punching/killing Minhyuk is pretty normal and If I’ll change it, I wanted to include Jungshin in that scene too, well, just for fun (you know Yong vs. Maknaes) HAHAHAHA

P.S.S Thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing and voting my Krysmin sweeties! Love you all <3

(Sad note: Yep, one last chapter :(  )

 

PREVIEW

Chapter 16 : LET ME BE WITH YOU… MY BUTTERFLY.

 

So baby don’t go

Yeah, take me anywhere with you

And we’ll walk together further

And when the world’s ending, I’ll be right by your side

Please don’t leave when the morning comes

Please don’t just disappear

Please tell me that you will always be right here

It’s as if I’m dreaming

Don’t fly away

My beautiful butterfly

 

Minhyuk glanced at Yonghwa, as if sending him a message through his eyes, asking for his permission or something. Yonghwa chuckled and nodded his head, understanding what he meant. He faced Krystal again and smiled.

“I love you my stupid sharp tongue little Pres.”

Minhyuk pulled her and kissed her tenderly on the lips. Junhee and Amber both wiped their tears with the scene as Kris, Kyungsoo, and Jungshin looked at the couple fondly. He broke away and smiled at her again but she hugged him back and stood on her toes. Krystal, with tears, leaned in and gave Minhyuk a quick peck on his cheek.

“I love you too my stupid small eyes. See you soon.”