Of Secrets and Dark Past

Coloured Kisses

 

Minhyuk looked closely at the woman in front of him. Nothing had changed except her hair; from blonde to raven black. Well, it suited on her though. Luna sat comfortably on the couch after looking around his pad.  

“What do you want?”

She chuckled before crossing her arms. “Such a warm welcome Ethan.”

“How did you know about my place?”

“I have my resources.”

“Yeah, sorry I forgot.”

“I missed you.”

Minhyuk sighed heavily and stared at her. “Did you just come here from LA to say those words?”

“Maybe? But it should be clear to you that I want you back Ethan.”

“I was perfectly told.”

Luna stood up and walked towards him. She stopped in front of him and touched his face. “I still love you.” She traced his lips with her fingers never leaving her eyes on him. Minhyuk put down her hands and walked away from her.

“I’m already dating somebody.”

“I know. Krystal Jung?”

He turned his head towards her after hearing the name. “Don’t you dare touch Krystal!”

“You’re funny. You made it sound like I’m a killer or something.”

“Luna we’re already finished.”

“Not to me Ethan.”

“What else do you want?”

“Aside from your love, I want you at least to see him.”

Minhyuk slowly dropped his body on the couch after hearing Luna’s answer. He suddenly felt tired. All the memories he tried to bury when he left LA came back. She sat beside him and placed her head on his shoulders.

“He had been calling your name Ethan. He wanted to see you.”

**

It was a normal day in school. Break time so they were all gathered in the field, well; except Minhyuk who had a practice with their team.  Krystal brought Luna too when the latter told her that she hadn’t made any friends in the school aside from them. Kyungsoo and Mina looked like they had already fixed everything based from their obvious flirting. Amber rolled her eyes and threw some chips towards Kyungsoo.

“What?”

“I just realized you’re the sweetest guy on Earth.”

“Tsk.”

Luna faced Krystal as the others continued teasing the reunited couple. “I heard your boyfriend plays baseball.”

“Oh, yeah. He’s quite busy with their practice games.”

“That’s amazing! My ex-boyfriend plays baseball too.”

“Really? Maybe he’s Minhyuk’s teammate. What’s his name again?”

“Eth—“

“Krystal!”

They all turned their heads after hearing that familiar voice. Krystal smiled widely upon seeing her boyfriend. She got up and handed him the towel. His face was still dripping with sweat.

“Are you done?”

“Ne. We have another one tomorrow.”

Krystal pouted. Minhyuk laughed while putting his arms on her shoulders. “I’ll make it up to you this weekend.”

Jokingly, she avoided her body on him. “You’re full of sweat Kang Minhyuk~ssi!”

He laughed again and pulled her waist before pecking her lips. “Brat.”

“HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CAN YOU GET A ROOM PLEASE?!!”

That was Amber. Kris and Tao snorted while Jungshin threw chips on her.

“Yah!Yah! I will kill you all someday!”

The rest just laughed at her. Then Krystal remembered something.

“Oh pabo!”

“Wae?”

“Minhyuk~ah, this is Luna by the way. She’s a new transferee here.”

Luna grinned as she extended her hand to Minhyuk. “Hi. Nice meeting you.”

But Minhyuk just looked at her hands and instead bowed. That surprised them. He was never hostile to anyone just like that. A minute of silence before Luna broke an awkward laugh.

“I’m sorry. I’m used to American style of greeting.”

“That’s right. This is Korea.”

“Kang Minhyuk!”

“Let’s eat somewhere.” He grabbed her wrist and waved at their friends. “See you later guys.”

Inside the car…

“Why did you do that?! That was completely rude Minhyuk!”

“We brushed off people whom we didn’t like in America just like that.”

Krystal gaped. “You don’t like Luna?”

“I don’t trust her. Stay away from her.”

“You don’t mean that.”

Minhyuk looked straight in her eyes. “Never been serious babe.”

“Minhyuk…”

“Just do me a favor this time. Stay. Away. From. Luna”

Then they drove off the school silently. Krystal didn’t feel good. Why would Minhyuk say those things? She really wanted answers but she couldn’t find one.

**

It was Saturday and Jungshin was already camping in Minhyuk’s place. Krystal informed him that her father suddenly wanted to go to Jeju with the whole family. He invited Minhyuk but he gladly declined since he had some things to finish too (much to Krystal’s dismay). As usual, Jungshin was ransacking his collection of CDs and DVDs again.  When he was looking for Coldplay albums, he noticed a photo inserted in one particular signed CD. He silently read the dedication before flipping to see who was on it.

I tripped and got pushed during the fan sign event but it was worth it. I know you’ll love this. Luna told me so. By the way, this was our picture in Malibu. Sending you one!

Sehun

Jungshin gasped loudly after seeing three people in the photo. It was Minhyuk with a blonde guy and… LUNA?!

“Lee Jungshin!”

Minhyuk quickly grabbed the CD and picture from him. He groaned when he noticed his friend’s expression.

“You … you know Luna?”

“She’s my ex-girlfriend.”

“Your what?!”

Minhyuk sat on the bean bag and leaned on the wall. “Sehun… that’s her brother. He’s in a rehabilitation center now.”

“I don’t understand.”

Rehab? He looked at Minhyuk. “Don’t tell me…”

“I was in a drug case before I went here Jungshin.”

A loud noise from stacks of CDs and DVDs dropped in the floor was heard next.

**

“You should tell Krystal about this Minhyuk.”

“Do you really think she’ll understand?”

“But she loves you…”

“I know! But she’ll be hurt if she’ll know about my past. “

“Then for how long will you keep this? Luna is already here.”

Minhyuk sighed exasperatedly. He grabbed handful of his hair. “I will finish all of these with Luna.”

“How about that boy?”

He closed his eyes. “I’ll see him soon.”

**

Krystal felt ecstatic.  She knew Minhyuk had no class during that time and she was free too! God knew how she missed him so much. Students passing by greeted her and she answered them back through bows and smiles.  Then someone called her.

“Krystal, it’s nice seeing you.”

“Ne. How have you been Suho?”

“Happy?”

They both laughed. “I couldn’t wait to finally meet her.”

“I’ll introduce her to you some other day. She has a class right now.”

“Sure.”

“By the way, how are you and Minhyuk?”

“Eiiii… you didn’t pray for our break-up, right?”

Suho faked a pained expression. “That hurts Krys.”

Krystal giggled. “Kidding. We’re fine. I’m actually meeting him right now.”

“Can I accompany you? I wanted to greet him too. We really don’t talk a lot during practice.”

“Ahrasseo.”

Upon reaching the building, they saw Minhyuk coming out from their room. Krystal was about to call him when they heard another voice instead. She was surprised to see Luna. The latter was saying something to Minhyuk but he kept on ignoring her.  Then Luna started screaming. People were looking at them. Minhyuk dragged her out. Krystal and Suho both followed them. They reached the parking lot. What happened next shattered Krystal’s heart.

Minhyuk and Luna were kissing.

 

 

A/N: I think I have already given at least 60% clues here. Full revelation on next chapter. Hold on tight dearest CK readers!