I Knew You Were Trouble When You Walked In... Literally.

Coloured Kisses

 

I felt my cheeks reddening from that intense gaze he was giving me. It was my first time experiencing like that. Of course, guys inside or outside the school were always giving that admiring look (not that I bragged about it but Amber always told me so), but what he was doing was obviously obvious. I heard him chuckling. Was he laughing at me? I snapped back at him.

“Stop staring at me!”

“Feisty.”

“Oh, shut up. If you have conscience, try to help me out stacking these books.”

“Nope.” He said popping the p. Oh, he spoke in English. Did he just come from abroad? No. He must be an alien. “We’re stuck up in here because of you so do it yourself.” I snort. This guy was an . A freaking handsome . Wait. Handsome? Really Krystal Jung?

“I didn’t mean to bump you. I was just..”

“You’re afraid of the floating ghost.” I gaped at him. How come he knew about this? And I thought he was a transferee. He smirked and I saw a glint of mischief on his small eyes. He continued while looking around the room. “I saw one the last time. It was an older woman. I didn’t see her face because her long black messy hair was covering most of it. But she had bloody eyes…” Then he turned to me and got surprised when he saw my pale face. I looked scared. My lips were shaking. That was the exact story going around the campus. I jumped stupidly when a box fell near my side and got surprised once again when I heard him throwing a fit of laughter at my back.

“I should have taken a picture of your expression. Wow, that was..” And he laughed again. I realized he was just making fun of me and he was basically lying. Furiously, I marched towards him and hit his arms numerous times. He was taken aback with my sudden action. He tried to avoid the hard slaps from me by stepping back but I didn’t stop. I just wanted this person to receive my hate or maybe die after. His back hit a pile of boxes causing them to fall. My eyes grew in horror when my eyes snapped one falling at me! I didn’t have much time to neither think nor move from the place I stood. I closed my eyes and braced myself for a coming pain but I felt none. Instead I was pushed and strong arms held me. After few minutes, I raised my head and met his eyes. He was looking at me worriedly. That surprised me. He cupped my face and asked. “Hey, are you okay? Do you feel something?” He was babbling like crazy but I was just looking at him. I lost in trance. All that I thought was his speaking mouth, his fingers on my cheeks and that undeniable heat coming from his body which was closed to mine. He must have finally noticed that I wasn’t listening or even answering him. He looked at me and realized the situation we were into. He quickly let me go and avoided my gaze. He fixed his shirt and cleared his throat. Suddenly, the door opened. It was Professor Choi with some people. I saw the worried faces of Amber, Kris and Kyungsoo.

“Did something happen again?”

He answered the question for us. “Some pile of boxes nearly hit our heads, thanks to you.” My friends gasped in unison, hearing him. I knew it wasn’t about the incident but with how this man talked to their English teacher. Professor Choi groaned and looked at me apologetically. “I’m sorry Ms. Jung. Your friends told me that you came to see me. I should have known that you were just too terrified to walk to my building.”

“Yes, she is.” My head snapped back at him. He was making fun of me again. Professor Choi scolded him

“Kang Minhyuk, stop fooling around!”

This Kang Minhyuk guy was surely getting into my nerves. Before I could throw a book at him, he walked towards the door whistling. My friends looked at him weirdly.

“Surely, Tiffany will hear something from this.”

“I’ll see Jungshin later Sooyung noona. Please don’t hide your brother.”

He called her noona and he knew Professor Choi’s only sibling. And I realized that they must be relatives. Kang and Choi weren’t close, didn’t they? I grunted and my friends reached me out immediately. Amber stood beside me, touching my arms. “Krys, are you okay?”

Kyungsoo looked so guilty. “We should have accompanied you.”

“Yes, you should have. “

Kris snorted but put his arms on my shoulders. “Will my strawberry-filled muffin be enough?” I laughed. Okay, that made me forgot everything. Kris surely knew me at all. Kyungsoo and Amber giggled. We all wanted Kris Wu’s specialty. Mind you, he baked well.

 

**

Everything went normal a day after the incident. I just silently prayed hard that I wouldn’t see that guy’s face again. Professor Choi apologized to me once again. Though I already told her countless times that it wasn’t her fault, she still seemed agitated. Then she offered to help out. That afternoon, we managed to sit on her room and discussed about the foundation day.

“What about putting up a kissing booth?”

Well, that was amazing. Kyungsoo suggested of having a marriage booth before but Amber declined it (wait, she was not the president but she got guts to say no). She said it was too cliché and too mushy. Kris agreed to her. I must say that these two were the best tandem ever. But no, they weren’t dating. Amber was tomboyish and Kris was gayish because he was so fond of his classmate Tao. The latter was dating a cheerleader though. To cut the story short, Kris didn’t cry and yes, I was kidding when I said he’s gay. How a total player who dated maybe all the in the campus be labelled as gay? My thoughts went back to Sooyoung’s suggestion. Amber on my right side disagreed immediately but Kyungsoo yelped in glee. He was the typical romantic guy next door. He said he wanted to be a writer and would write my love story. That might because I was not dating anybody, like ever.

“So, what do you think Krystal~ssi?”

I looked at Professor Choi. She was smiling expectantly. I nodded and Kyungsoo (just like what I’ve told you, he was the romantic type) squeezed me.

“Okay, leave the designs for me. I know it will click.”

I grinned and looked at Kris, “You might as well, bring one of your girls right there Wu Fan.” He smiled slyly. “I will… each one of them.” I gasped in horror. I was just kidding.

“Yah! It’s a kissing booth not making out booth!”

“Tell me the difference.”

“Kris!”

Much to my dismay and fury, they all laughed at my reaction, including Choi Sooyoung. Save your innocent tongue next time Krystal Jung.

**

 

D-day.

Everyone was so hyped from the welcoming program up until the latter part of the afternoon where various booths opened. Surely, it was Management Department so most of the students participated by selling their products. Our dean congratulated our team and acknowledged our effort in putting up everything. I was bustling my in and out but I still managed to smile. Things running smoothly just as I expected it to be. I grabbed my drink and waved at Suho when I saw him with his classmates. He was busy entertaining the students walking in their booth but he still looked great. Girls were surely swooning at him and I couldn’t help but to ask if they were there to buy or just flirt.

“You’re jealous.”

I almost fell from my chair when I saw Amber grinning like freak at my back.  I pouted. “I’m not.”

“Hey Krys, I have an idea.”

“What?”

“Come with me. “ She grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the right side of the corridor. We reached the area where the kissing both was put up. Kyungsoo and a girl named Kwon Mina were there to assist the students coming in. The girl greeted us. I threw a questioning look to Kyungsoo but he avoided my eyes. Oh, he did blush too. I grinned wickedly but cut off short when Amber started talking.

“Kyungsoo~yah, you know what to do.”

“Of course.”

I stared at them, confused. What the hell were they talking about? Amber suddenly pushed me inside. Before I could react, she closed the door and locked it.

“Amber!!”

“It’s about time for you to try our kissing booth Pres!”

“Open the door Amber! I swear to God I will ruin your life once I get out of here!”

But to no avail, she just laughed together with Kyungsoo. I muttered in annoyance. I started to feel anxious. Will I get my first kiss later? Yes, you heard me right. I, Krystal Jung, the only daughter of business tycoon Jung Donggun and award-winning journalist Kim Haneul; the current student president of Yongwan University’s Management Department; pretty (just like what my family, friends, and people around here said), smart ( You don’t mind me bragging about it right? But hey, I’ve got awards and I was in the dean’s list), y (er, I’m not comfortable enough to elaborate); but here’s what, I was NEVER BEEN KISSED. I rubbed my palm and looked around. The booth looked so romantic, alright. It was dim lit. Two red love seats at the middle when bean bags of green and light yellow colors, fresh red roses at the left side; beautifully adorned the whole area. But I think it was too much since this was just a kissing both. My mind went to the joke I had thrown to Kris a week ago. Oh no, did he suggest these things? The love seats may invite two people to make out. I grumbled.  My heart started to beat loudly and did even more when the other door opened. I turned around and saw a very familiar annoying but handsome face walking towards me.

KANG MINHYUK.