Always Watching

Potector and Protectee

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I noticed that Amber become more strict than before. I studied really hard, warming my study chair with my from sitting a very long period of time. I haven’t gone clubbing with my friends and I hope they won’t hate me from not hanging out with them lately. I want to be free from Amber’s watch.

 

“Hey babe!” Kai greeted me when he approached me in the hallway. He leaned a kissed me on my cheek and I smiled on him.

 

“Good morning, Kai.” I greeted him.

 

“It’s rare of you bringing some books here in our school.” He told me and scoffed as he glance on the book that I’m holding.

 

“Well, I need to pass our subjects.” I answered him and smile awkwardly. Amber is just walking on my other side and I think he is lost in his own world.

 

“There’s an easy way to do that, you know.”Kai told me with a smug on his face.

 

“I am not doing that anymore, Kai. I want to pass this time in the right way.” I told him.

 

“Good answer!” I heard Amber remarked and from the corner of my eyes, I saw a smile on his face. I thought he is not paying his attention to us but I guess I’m wrong.

 

“Okay, either way, the end point here is for us to pass our exams.” Kai stated.

 

“Why not try it too Kai. Challenge yourself and try passing our exams by not cheating but rather by studying?” I suggested to him.

 

“Nah! I don’t want to complicate my easy life, babe.”He replied and laughed.

 

“He got used in that doing, I guess.” Amber spoke.

 

“Anyway babe, that bracelet suits you. It’s perfect in your beautiful hand.” Kai complimented me and it made me blushed.

 

“T-Thanks.”I answered him with a timid smile and glance on Amber who scoffed.

 

Days passed and it is now weekend. Next week will be our exam week and I am already stressed. I want to unwind to relieve myself from stress. When Jiyoung invited me to go clubbing with them, I decided to go. Amber isn’t in favor in my decision. He keeps on convincing me not to go in that place and I got annoyed of him nagging me.

 

“Why are you dictating me what to do? I have my own free will! I will do whatever I want to do and go wherever I want too!” I yelled on his face. He is really getting into my nerves.

 

“I am not stopping you. I am just telling you that if you will go there now, you will surely get exhausted and you won’t be able to review your lessons. The day after tomorrow will be your exam already.” He replied calmly.

 

“Aish! I already did my part okay? I already prepared for it so just let me enjoy myself too.” I told him annoyingly.

 

My attention was turn to the door when I heard my doorbell ring. I know that it is my boyfriend who came to pick me up. I head to the door and opened it. Kai greeted me with his charming smile and I did the same. I turn to close the door and I saw Amber looking at me with furrowed brows. I choose to ignore him and just locked the door.

 

“Finally, you haven’t stood us up!” Jiyoung said and hugged me.

 

“We miss partying with you, Krys.” Hara followed and greeted me with her warm hugged when Jiyoung and I parted.

 

“Sorry, I was just busy lately. You know, our midterm exam is next week.” I said to them with an apologetic smile.

 

“Whoa! You really study hard for it!”Sehun remarked. “Amazing!” he continued with fascinated eyes. I just curved a smile on him.

 

“If we forgot something, then we can surely ask some answers from you, Krys.” Luhan stated and grinned.

 

“O-Ofcourse.” I replied and smile awkwardly.

 

“That’s my girl.” Kai said proudly and peck me on my lips.

 

I don’t know why I feel bad for myself from agreeing about it. I looked my eyes around because my ‘righteous’ Guardian is not in my side right now. I thought he will just pop up close to me but now, he is missing.

 

“Are you looking for someone?” Kai asked me.

 

“N-No. I’m just checking the place.” I lied to him and force a smile.

 

‘I thought he will stay on my side 24/7, I guess he got mad at me for yelling at him.’

 

I spent my night drinking and dancing. I didn’t drink that much, just moderate amount. I enjoyed dancing with my friends, especially with my boyfriend.  Kai swing his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I smiled and wrap my arm around his neck. He lean closer and we start to make out. When I open my eyes, along the flickering lights, in one dark corner of the room, Amber is watching me. His brown eyes are glistening against the lights and I can see the disappointment in it. He turn his head away, probably not wanting to see what am I doing.

 

“What’s wrong, babe?” Kai asked me when I broke the kiss and slightly pushed him.

 

“L-Let’s go back in our table. I want to sit down.” I told him.

 

“Okay.”he replied with disappointment in his voice.

 

We joined our friends and Kai joined their conversation. I on the other hand am still occupied with the looked in Amber’s eyes.  I looked to where he was standing earlier but he was no longer there. My attention was shifted to Kai when he whispered something on my ear.

 

“Babe, can we spend the night together tonight? I terribly miss you, you know.” He told me which made me turn to him. He is giving me his puppy looks which made me giggled.

 

“Y…..” I paused when my mind reminded me of Amber.

 

“Y…what, babe?” Kai asked me curiously.

 

“Sorry babe, but I don’t think now is the right time.” I said to him with an apologetic smile and made my boyfriend pout.

 

“Oh, okay.”he replied and sighed.

 

“You are not allowed to sleep with anyone from this day onward. Once you’ll sleep with someone, you will get pregnant and if that happens, your complicated life will start.” Amber spoke who just suddenly appear.

 

Yeah, I don’t think I can do that with him watching us. I have to focus on doing something good and behaving myself to get rid of him. Once he got convince that I changed for good then he will surely leave me alone. I noticed that Amber close his eyes again and it made me furrowed my brows. When he opened his eyes, he looked around and I think he’s looking for someone. He then laid his eyes on me.

 

“You’ll get what you wished, human.” He said before he put his hand on my head and the next thing I know, I passed out.

 

When I open my eyes again, I find myself in my room and Jiyoung entered my room. I think they I got drunk last night because I'm having a headache.

 

"I'm right in time."Jiyoung said and scoffed. "Drink your medicine, Krys." she continued and handed me a tablet and a glass of water.

 

"What happened?" I questioned.

 

"You just passed out last night." she answered.

 

"I think I drank too much."I mumbled as I cupped my head.

 

"You only just drink less, Krys. We even got surprise why you just fainted there. I think it's because you have lack of sleep because of studying." she replied and scoffed.

 

"Yeah, I did studied my lessons until late at night." I mumbled.

 

I roam my eyes in my room. My eyes is settled in one corner of my room. I find it odd because I'm having a feeling that someone is always standing there, always watching me but I can't remember who he is. I think it's just in my dream because that would be impossible.