New Assigned Task

Potector and Protectee

AMBER’s POV

 

Do you believe in God? If you do, it means you believe that there is heaven and hell. If you believe in heaven and hell, it means you believe in devils and angels too. The orders of the angels are divided in three which is called first, second and third sphere. Those who belong in first spheres are Seraphim, Cherubim and Orphanim. They are the highest position of an angel. In the second sphere are Dominions, Virtues, and Powers. They are in the middle position of an angel. In the third sphere are Rulers, Archangels and Angels or what are commonly known as Guardian Angels.  I belong to Powers, we watch over the heaven and fight demons, in short, I am a warrior.

 

“Yiyun!” Kris called me while I am watching on my post.

 

“Yeah?”I answered as I turn to face him. He is my closest buddy.

 

“You are called.”he said to me as he pats me on my shoulder.

 

“By whom?”  I asked as I furrowed my brows.

 

“Chief.”he answered and grin.

 

I ask Kris to take my post for a while and left to meet our leader, Chief Siwon. He is the one who organized and give us orders. If we are soldiers, he is our general. He greeted me with a smile when he saw me and I bowed to him politely as a sign of my respect.

 

“You called me, Chief?” I said to him.

 

“Yeah.”he replied shortly and walk over to me. He motion me to sit  on a rock and I followed him. “ The Divine One have special task for you.”he said to me and it makes me surprised.

 

“R-Really?” I replied with a raise brows and a big smile. Siwon nodded his head and I feel glad as well as honored because this is my first time to receive a special task.

 

“Your task is to protect someone in earth.”he said to me which made me drop my smile.

 

I really don’t like to go to earth. I know that sin is ruling there.

 

“Chief, you know that I don’t want to set my foot on that sinful world.”I answered him.

 

“Are you disobeying His command?”he replied to me while raising his brows.

 

I kept my mouth shut. I don’t want to utter anymore word because I don’t want to displease Him. I lower my head and sighed.

 

“Was it the Guardians job to watch over the humans?” I said to him and he just gave me a smile.

 

“Actually, you are replacing one of them. Angel Henry got injured when he encountered one of our enemy.” he stated which made me furrowed my brows.

 

Yep, we do get injured or even killed too. The only difference is because we are not like humans, we just totally vanished. Our existent will totally erased, just like a bubble when popped, there is no trace left.

 

“How long am I going to stay there?” I asked him curiously.

 

“Until Henry fully recovered. His injury is severe since he did his best to protect his Protectee.” He replied. “Yiyun, you should remember that you must keep your Protectee in the path of righteousness and never let her go astray.”he continued.

 

“Her? So that means my Protectee is a girl?” I asked him changing the tone of my voice in disbelief.

 

“Yes, she is a teenager. You know how a teenage human behave, right?”Siwon said and scoffed.

 

“Yeah, they are stubborn and rebellious.” I stated.

 

“Yeah, that is right.”Siwon answered and laugh.

 

“I won’t mind going into the battle than guarding a human teenage girl.”I sighed as I rub my forehead.

 

“Don’t worry, once Henry had recovered from his injury, we will immediately relieve you from that duty.”Siwon assured me.

 

“Alright.” I answered and got up.

 

Siwon walked me going out of the gate of Heaven. I spread my wings to ready for my long flight.

 

“Yiyun, don’t forget, keep your holiness. If you yield on the temptation in that place, you know what will happen to you.”Siwon reminded me.

 

“Yes Chief, I know.” I answered and scoffed.

 

“And don’t interfere in whatever your Protectee decides to do. Your job is to keep her safe in whatever means.”he added.

 

I nodded my head at him and bid my farewell. I jump off from the end of the clouds and fly towards the earth. I don’t know what awaits me there but I prayed Henry will recover as soon as possible. I don’t think I can last long in this filthy and sinful place. When my feet touch the land, my wings suddenly disappear, leaving some of my white feathers flying on the air. My clothing and armor suddenly disappear and replaced by a black leather jacket, black gloves, jeans and shoes. I tried to summon my sword but I can’t bring it out anymore from my palm. I think I lost most of my angelic power here.

 

“Yiyun.” I heard Siwon’s voice in my head.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Go to St. Paul’s Hospital, your Protectee is in room 304.”he informed me.

 

“What is my Protectee’s name?” I asked him.

 

“Krystal Jung.”he replied.

 

I close my eyes and sensing the presence of Krystal Jung. I am not sure if I landed in the right place. I feel thankful that I did because I can feel my Protectee’s presence is just nearby. I ask Siwon to teleport me to where she is and fortunately, he agreed. I then arrive in this one quiet room with a girl who is sleeping peacefully. I got surprise when she suddenly open her eyes and meet mine. Protectee  are not suppose to see their guardian, why is it that she can see me?