Complicated Beings

Potector and Protectee

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I don't understand! I don't understand him at all! I thought he is going to protect me. That I can assure my safety in him but I was wrong. At the end he will be the one who kill me. Amber broke not only my trust but also my heart and it hurts a lot. I can feel my chest is burning in pain. I run away from him, from all of them.

 

“Krystal!”

 

 I heard him calling me but I didn’t bother to look back. I increase my speed but he still caught up with me. He grabbed a hold of my arm and then made me face to him. I looked at him sternly and my visions becomes blurry because of the tears that welling in my eyes. He looked back at me, looking at my teary eyes with furrowed brows.

 

“I am your Protector, it is my duty to protect you and not to hurt you. That is what He assigned to the Guardians to do and no orders will break that.” He spoke and wiped the tears that escape from my eyes. “I will protect you no matter what and I gave you my word on that.” He continued.

 

“I’m afraid, Amber.” I muttered as I continue to sob.

 

“Pabo.” He scoffed. “You have nothing to be afraid of. In case you don’t know, my fighting skill is quite excellent. I can beat a thousand demons alone. I won’t let Magnus hurt you nor anyone else.” he continued with a smile.

 

I suddenly hugged him. I feel hugging him because I know he meant what he said to me. I know he wouldn’t dare to utter a lie. His body tensed up for a while and then later he awkwardly patted my back.

 

“Let’s go back to the apartment. It’s quiet late and you need to rest.” He spoke after I pulled away from our hug.

 

“What about your friends?” I questioned him.

 

“They already left. They have jobs that they need to be done.” He replied to me.

 

“I am not sleepy yet.” I said to him and he raised his brows.

 

“What do you want to do then?”he asked me.

 

“I don’t know, just anything.”I said to him and this time he furrowed his brows.

 

“You got used to go clubbing and stay up late and that is why you are not yet sleepy at this hour.” He stated.

 

“It’s been a while since I last go to club. I always sleep early from then on.” I defended myself and rolled my eyes on him.

 

“You really love to do that with your eyes.” He spoke with slight annoyance in his voice.

 

“Whatever! I’m taking a stroll. If you are already sleepy you can go back to the apartment ahead of me.” I said as I turn my back on him.

 

“Whenever you go, I will go.” He replied to me which draws a smile on my face.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

I was just trailing behind Krystal. We are wandering in the empty street. It is so peaceful and quiet. I bet all humans that are living in our neighborhood are already asleep.

 

“Who are those Higher-ups?” Krystal suddenly asked which shifted back my attention on her.

 

“They are the one who give us orders.” I answered her.

 

“Why did they order you to kill me?” she asked with curiousness in her voice.

 

I didn’t manage to answer her right away. I don’t know how to answer that question. I am not allowed to tell her the whole truth about Magnus. I don’t even know why Magnus chose her to be the bearer of his child. I don’t know what is special in Krystal because she just appear as a lost and vulnerable human being to me. She suddenly stopped from walking then turn to look at me.

 

“Answer me.” she demanded.

 

“I can’t tell you the details. It’s classified.”I said to her. I can see the wave of disappointment on her face. “I’m sorry.” I apologized.

 

“It’s unfair in my part you know.” she said weakly.

 

Seeing her sad expression made my chest heavy. She was right. It is indeed unfair in her side.

 

“You don’t have to worry about that. As long as I am here, I won’t let you die.” I assured her with a smile.

 

“Please, don’t comfort me with those words. Don’t give me a false assurance because I don’t want to get hurt and disappointed at the end.” She stated.

 

“That was not a comforting words neither a false assurance. I will definitely not let death touch you.” I said to her as I looked at straight in her eyes.

 

“But you were the one who got appointed to kill me!”She said as she looked away.

 

“We won’t reach in that point. I will find Magnus and kill him after that, you can live peacefully.” I said to her. She curved a faint smile to me.

 

“Thank you, Amber. You don’t know how grateful I am to have you as my Guardian.” She said to me with her gentle voice.

 

“You’re welcome.” I answered her and grinned.

 

I got puzzled when she stare on my face longer than she supposed to be. I don’t know what she is thinking at this moment because it seems to me that she hasn’t realized that I was looking back at her.

 

“Why are you staring at my face?” I asked her which kinda snapped her out of her thoughts.

 

“W-What are you talking about? I did not stare.” She said stuttering a bit as she looked away. I don’t understand why her face suddenly reddened.

 

“Sometimes, I really don’t understand the way you humans think.” I sighed.

 

“I think you didn’t try hard enough.” She replied and turned her back on me and walked away.

 

"Nah, you are just complicated beings." I retorted as I followed her and she just let out a scoffed in response.