Brother

Potector and Protectee

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I treated Amber's wounds. Some of them are deep on his arms. He sometimes winced in pain when I cleaned it. I don't know what they were talking earlier with those two girls but it seemed that it troubles him. I can see it in his eyes. I feel awkward knowing that he is staring at me with our close distance now.

 

"Thanks." he said after I put the bandages.

 

"I should be the one who should thank you." I replied to him. "Thank you for saving my life." I continued with a smile. He faintly smiled back and then looked away.

 

"Don't mention it." he answered.

 

“Who are those girls?” I asked him.

 

“They are angels too.” He replied briefly.

 

“Are they Guardians too like you?” I questioned curiously.

 

“No. They have different line of work.”he answered.

 

“What did they told you? If it concerns about me, will you please tell me?” I pleaded to him.

 

He turned to me and looked at me straight in my eyes. I don’t like on how the way he looked at me. I can see pity in his eyes.

 

“Don’t give me that look.” I said to him coldly as I looked away.

 

“I have one question for you.” He spoke as he got up from his seat and stand in front of me. I lifted up my head to look at him.

 

“What?” I answered.

 

“Do you trust me?” he asked while looking straight into my eyes.

 

“Yes.” I answered him and he nodded his head.

 

“That’s good to hear.” He said with a smile. “Let’s go.” He continued as he reached his hand to me.

 

I grabbed his hand and he help me to stand up. Because of the unusual things that happened, our class was cancelled. It will be resumed next week because the school will conduct an investigation first for our safety.

 

"Guys, let's go on a vacation!"Hara suggested when we are having lunch in one diner,

 

"Where do you want to go?"Sehun asked her.

 

"Where's the nicest place to go at this season?" Hara mumbled as she starts to ponder.

 

"Let's go to the beach. Besides, it's almost Summer now." Jiyoung spoke.

 

"That sounds great! Let's go to Jeju." Luhan remarked.

 

"We've been there recently."Kai opposed. "Let's go to other place."

 

"How about let’s go to Bora-Bora? I’ve heard it's very beautiful there and not so crowded." I suggested.

 

"I won't definitely oppose on that!" Kai said with a playful smile on his face. Others had agreed except Amber who kept silent.

 

"Why are you so quiet there, Am?" I asked him and he just shrugged his shoulders.

 

"Your coming with us, right?" Hara asked him.

 

"Unfortunately, I can't come with you." he answered which made me furrowed my brows.

 

"Why not?" I asked him.

 

"I need to go back to where I came from now.” He answered and then he looked at me.

 

“Awww, just go with us dude! It will be fun!” Luhan told him.

 

“Sorry, but I really just can’t. You guys just enjoy without me.” He said to us with a faint smile.

 

I don’t know what’s going on with him. I thought he will stay by my side always but why is it that he won’t come with us in our outing?  I can feel that there is something wrong.

 

“I will go ahead of you guys. I still got something to do.” He continued and got up from his seat.

 

“You are no fun Am.” Jiyoung said and pout.

Amber flashed an apologetic smile in response. He bid his goodbye to us before he left. I don’t understand why he just left me behind. I want to run after him but I know it will appear as weird to my friends.

 

“Kai, can you take me home please?” I whispered to my boyfriend because I don’t feel secured without Amber around.

 

“Why? Is there something wrong?” He asked me with concern in his voice. I lightly shook my head.

 

“I’m just tired and I want to rest.” I said to him.

 

Kai gave me a ride back into my apartment. I didn’t invite him inside because I’m afraid that Amber might be there. I bid my goodbye to him and head straight to my place. I was expecting to see Amber inside but my place is empty. I went outside and head to his unit. I keep on knocking on his door but nobody answer.

 

“Where that guy could be?” I mumbled to myself.

 

I head back to my place and lie down on my couch. I feel lonely without him around. I know my apartment is the safest place for me when he is not around. I stare on the bracelet that he gave me. I tried to take it off but it still stuck in my hand. My attention was shifted to the door when my doorbell suddenly rang. I march towards it thinking that it is probably him. When I opened it, I raised my brows when I saw my step brother standing in front of my door.

 

“How are you, Princess?”