Party

Potector and Protectee

AMBER’s POV

 

I have an odd Protectee. Well, since she can see me, it will be easy for me to tell and convince her what to do. Guardian Angels’ voice is what humans considered as their conscience.  It’s hilarious when she thought that I am a bound spirit. I don’t think Reapers will spare a single human soul to remain in this world after they die. Except to those who have unfinished businesses.

 

“You should go back to sleep to regain your strength. You have a lot of works to do once you will discharge in this hospital.” I told her as I sat on the chair in one corner of the room.

 

“Will you go away! Leave me alone!”she yelled at me and I can still see the fear in her eyes.

 

“I told you, I am your guardian. I will stay beside you, watching over you and guiding you from now on.” I said to her. “You’re too young but you’re already going astray.” I continued.

 

“I will hire a psychic to make you go away or an exorcist to exorcise you.” She told me which made me laugh.

 

“Do it, I won’t stop you. But I’m telling you, you will just waste your money and time.” I told her.

 

“Okay! Okay! I will behave myself now. I will study hard, I won’t drink too much and I will party less. I promise!” she stated which made me raised my brows.

 

“Don’t give me a word which you can’t keep, human!”I told her with stern voice as I look at her sternly. I really don’t like humans who made promises but just break it after they get what they want.

 

“I will keep it, you’ll see.” She stated.

 

“Then show it to me instead of you promising it to me. If I see that you really are changing for good, then I will leave you.” I told her with assuring smile.

 

She stares on me then she let out a sigh. She fidgets on her bed and slowly lay down. She covers herself with her blanket and closed her eyes.

 

“Don’t watch me while I’m sleeping. It is making me feel uncomfortable.” She stated.

 

“I don’t intend to glue my eyes on you the whole night while you are just sleeping there.”I answered her and scoffed.

 

Her friends came to visit the next day. I just lean against the wall, watching them in one corner. Humans find fun in talking to each other. All they talk about is really some senseless stuff. Krystal is pretending not to see me. I don’t mind that because that how supposed it should be.

 

“Krys, once you’ll get discharge here, we will throwing you a party.” Her friend named Hara told her.

 

“Party means drinking a lot.” I spoke which made Krystal glance on me.

 

“Okay, but please prepare less alcohol.” Krystal said to her and it made her friends to look at her with raised brows.

 

“O-Okay.” Hara answered her.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I should behave myself to get rid of him. He is really creeps me out. I even feel watched when I’m inside the comfort room and the bathroom. I don’t believe in any supernatural beings but realizing that I am the only one who sees him somehow freaks me out. On the next day, the doctor had discharged me and sent me home. He did follow me in my apartment and he is even making himself comfortable. I open my fridge to get myself something to drink.

 

“Beers.” I heard his husky voice from behind which startled me.

 

“Yah! Do you want me to die in heart attack!?” I yelled on him when I faced him. He just looked back at me with poker face.

 

“In case you don’t know, milk, tea and fresh juice is much more healthy to drink than beer.” He said to me.

 

“I know that.”I answered him and rolled my eyes on him. “But I can’t just throw them away, can I?”I continued and fake a smile on him.

 

“You are allowed to drink alcoholic drinks but only to a minimum amount.” He told me as he walk out of my kitchen.

 

“Yeah,yeah. Blah blah blah!” I mumbled in annoyance as I closed my fridge.

 

My attention was transferred to the door when my doorbell rang. I think one of my friends is already here to pick me up. I hurriedly went to the door and open it. I curved a smile when I saw that it is Kai.

 

“I’m here to pick up my Princess for her party.” He said to me and he plant a quick peck on my lips.

 

“Let’s go!” I told him and close my door behind.

 

I step inside his car and sat on the front seat. I thought I left that annoying Guardian inside but I only got frustrated when I saw him sitting on the back seat.

 

“I should have known.”I muttered softly.

 

“Did you say something?” Kai asked me when he turned to me.

 

“Nothing.”I answered him, forcing a smile and glance on the front mirror to look at Amber.

 

“I told you that I will be in your side 24/7.” He reminded me and I just rolled my eyes on him.

 

I don’t think I can bear having him around nagging and lecturing me in my entire life. When we arrived in the club where they are throwing me the party, I noticed that some of our friends were already drunk. I can see the disgust in the looked of Amber’s face when we got inside.

 

“Hey Krys! We’re glad you’re finally here.” Jiyoung said and hug me. I can smell the alcohol in her.

 

“Tonight, let’s party like there’s no more tomorrow!”Kai exclaimed.

 

“Hell yeah!” they all cheered in unison.

 

“They should choose the words they will utter carefully. They don’t know what hell is really like.” Amber said to me and he is just standing beside me. “If I were you, I will walk out of this place now.” he continued when he turn to me.

 

“Will you shut up?” I muttered under my breath as I gritted my teeth and flash an awkward smile to my friends.