What is Going on Here?

Potector and Protectee

AMBER’s POV

 

I just received a new order. I don’t know why they made that decision and I am not really in favor of it. How can they just take a human’s life like that? Krystal’s remaining numbers of days are still too long. When I feel the other beings presence, I passed my paper without finishing it and head outside. Just like what I suspected, an angel of death. He put Krystal into sleep and the human world stop from turning for a while we are talking.

 

“What are you doing, Yiyun?” he spoke in our language that no human can understand.

 

“I won’t allow you to take her life, Xiumin.” I answered him.

 

“You know that we have our own orders, so back off.” He told me.

 

“I know. But may I ask you for more time? I assure you that we will catch Magnus.”I spoke to him.

 

“This is the Higher-ups orders. We can’t go against it.” He answered me.

 

“I won’t let you kill her, Xiumin. I’m willing to fight you if I have to!” I told him with a stern voice. I can see the surprise expression in his face.

 

“Angel  Yiyun, you are going against the Higher-ups orders. You know that all of their decision is for the good of human race.” He spoke.

 

“And I won’t allow you to sacrifice her soul just to achieve that.” I told him.

 

“If Magnus will get a hold of her, you know a great chaos will break in this world.” He retorted.

 

“I will catch him before he gets a grab of her. That is why, I’m asking you to give me more time to find him. I know he is just around us.” I answered him.

 

He looked at me, contemplating on what he will is going to answer. He released a sigh and I feel relieved seeing it.

 

“I will give you 7 days after that I will take her life and I won’t let you to interfere about it.” he told me and just vanished.

 

Everything went back to normal and Krystal starts to gain her consciousness. She cupped her head but when she realized that I’m holding her, she quickly moved away.

 

“W-What happened?” she asked me timidly.

 

“You passed out.”I answered him.

 

“Where is…”

 

“Next time, don’t talk with strangers and just go with them.” I told her.

 

She looked at me with furrowed brows. She’s probably confused about everything right now. I only got seven days to find Magnus and save this girl’s life.  She stared on me and I don’t know what she is thinking this time.

 

“Who are you?” she questioned me curiously which caught me off guard.

 

“I’m Amber Joseph Liu, your neighbor and your classmate.” I answered her with a smile.

 

“No you are not!”she object which got me a little bit surprised. “I know you are not just my neighbor neither my classmate.” she continued.

 

I don’t know what to say to her anymore. I can’t say a lie. I can see she is waiting for me to answer her.

 

“From now on, I will always stay on your side, 24/7.” I told her.She narrowed her eyes but later widen them. I think she managed to retrieve back her memories.

 

“You are…”

 

She got cut when suddenly we heard a loud blast. All the students got out from the classroom and panicked. I pulled Krystal close to me because everyone is pushing each other to just go out. Another explosions blasted and I can’t figure out what causing it.

 

“What is happening?”Krystal questioned.

 

“Hyung!” Key called me.

 

“What is happening Kibum?”

 

“It’s coming from the University labs. Others went to check it. Is Krystal Jung with you?

 

“She is with me.”

 

“Good! I highly suspect that Magnus had something to do with this.”

 

“Make sure no one got hurt!”

 

“We need to go now.” I said to Krystal and made our way out of the crowd.

 

“Wait!”she spoke and pulled her hand. I turn to her as I looked at her with furrowed brows. “How about Kai and my friends?”

 

“They will be fine.”I answered her. “Come!”

 

We head out of the building and I saw a smoke coming out from the top floor on the other side where the labs are located.  I roam my eyes around, looking for something suspicious. My gazed stop when one guy met my eyes with a devious smile on his face.

 

“Protect our future Queen, Angel!”

 

“Who are you?! I won’t let you get her!”

 

“She is ours! She is one of us.”

 

“What are you talking about?!”

 

“You will know it soon!” he suddenly vanished.

 

“Yiyun! Xiumin is badly injured! He said that he encounter Magnus allies.” I heard Key said which made me furrowed my brows.

 

“What is going on here?” I mumbled.