Lucky or Unlucky?

Potector and Protectee

5 Months Later

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

It’s been five months since we last saw each other. I don’t know if I still have a Guardian Angel who is looking after me. Unlike before, I can’t see that person with me. I don’t mind not seeing him but as long as it is Amber, I will be happy about it. I know it is impossible but I still am hoping that he still exist.

 

“Congratulations for Miss Jung for getting the highest score in the test.” Mrs. Kim announced after she give to me my test paper.

 

“Thank you.” I said to her with a smile as I bowed to her.

 

I did keep my promise to Amber. I know he wants me to excel in my Academics so I study harder. Of course, I still go out with my friends but not that much. I enjoyed my free time doing fun things than clubbing.

 

“You should tutor us, Krys.” Kai whispered to me with a smug on his face.

 

“You know that you are fine on your own Kai. All you have to do is open your textbooks and read your notes.” I said to him and chuckled.

 

“I won’t burden myself to do that.” He said to me. “I’ll stick to my easy way.”

 

“You should really change.” I said to him. “You are not dumb so don’t rely on cheating.” I said to him.

 

“If I get a good grade without cheating, will you get back with me?” He asked me which made me look at him.

 

Yeah, we broke up four months ago. We always fought and everything about us had changed. I tried to love him once again but what I feel for Amber is much stronger and heavier than for Kai. I just felt like I’m being unfair to him so I decided to end it. I want Kai to be happy, to be with someone who will truly loves him and make him happy.

 

“I’m just kidding, Krys.” He added and let out an awkward laugh.

 

I just laugh in response to him. After our class, I met up with Hara and Jiyoung. We head in our school cafeteria to grab some lunch. We settled in one table after we got our tray of food.

 

“I really thought I failed in Mr. Won’s exam.” Hara said.

 

“You studied for her exam, right?” I said to her before I grab a bite on my food.

 

“Yeah, but it is still hard.” She retorted and shoved her food inside .

 

“You passed now, Hara. That’s what matters! Don’t think about it anymore.”Jiyoung said to her.

 

“Yeah, yeah!” Hara answered lousily. “Anyway, let’s go clubbing tonight. I want to unwind.”she continued.

 

“I will inform the guys.” Jiyoung said with a grin.

 

“I—“

 

“You are coming with us tonight, Jung Soojung!”Hara interrupted me and pointed her chopsticks on me.

 

“Yeah Krys, don’t be such a killjoy. We don’t have exams anymore.” Jiyoung followed.

 

They keep bugging me about it and I ended up giving in at them. We head to the club where we always hang-out. We party all night, dance and drink. Not caring about anything. I didn’t drink that much but I’m a bit tipsy. We parted our ways and I keep myself to walk straight in the sidewalk.

 

“Hey! Watch it!”a man exclaimed with annoyance in his voice when I bumped him.

 

I bowed to him as my apology and went on my way. It’s kinda crowded tonight and I think it’s because it is weekend.

 

“Sorry!” I quickly apologized when I bumped to someone.

 

My head bump into his hard chest. I was taken a back a little and rubbed my forehead.

 

“Pfft!” I heard him scoffed which made me looked up. “Are you okay?”he asked me.

 

I don’t know if I just miss Amber so much because this guy, he surely looks like him. I stare at his face, looking at him carefully.

 

“Miss?”he called me.

 

“A-Amber?” I replied as I cupped his face.

 

He looked a little bit surprised of what I did. I hugged him tightly and I feel his body tensed up. Just like the first time I hugged Amber and this reaction of him draws a smile on my face. I hugged him tighter but stopped when I felt he did not envelope his arms around me. I meet his eyes once again and I can see that I am a stranger in his eyes.

 

“I-I’m sorry.” I quickly apologized after I back away from him. I think I got the wrong person.

 

“It’s okay. You are not the first person who mistook me with someone. I think my face is too common.” He answered jokingly and laughed.

 

I stare at him. He does look like Amber but I don’t think that guy has this kind of attitude. Their aura too is different as well as the look in their eyes which I just have notice.

 

“Uhm…do you want me to walk you home? It seems like you are bit drunk.” He said to me.

 

“N-No! I’m fine.” I said to him with a faint smile. “Thank you.” I continued and went on my way.

 

I keep on walking. I still feel his eyes on me but I know I should shake off the idea from my head that he is Amber. I should accept that he is not coming back, not ever again. When I passed by in this dark alley, one guy approached me. He walked close to me and he pointed his knife on my back. I felt like this is my unluckiest night.

 

“Don’t make a sound. Give me your purse!” He said to me after he swayed his arm across my shoulder. “Give it to me and you won’t get hurt.”

 

I hand it to him and he pushed me down before he ran away. But then before he can get away, someone extended his foot and tripped that man. He dove on the ground and the person who tripped him approached him. He took my purse and then the man quickly run away.

 

“Still doesn’t want me to walk you home?” the guy who looked like Amber asked me when he walked over to me as he extended his hand to help me.

 

I think I was wrong. This is not my unlucky night but rather one of my luckiest night!