Righteous One

Potector and Protectee

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I slowly open my eyes and got up of my bed. This is the first morning that I don't suffer from a hang-over after partying last night. I stretch my eyes and yawned. I close my mouth back when I caught a glimpse of Amber staring on me.

 

"Good morning, human." he greeted me and I decided to roll my eyes on him.

 

Honestly, it's been a while since someone greeted me a good morning from the time I woke up. I get off my bed and head to my bathroom. I look at my face in the mirror before I wash it and brush my teeth.

 

"You still have plenty of time, why not take a shower instead?"he spoke which got me annoyed.

 

"Will you shut up!? It's early in the morning but you're already nagging me what to do." I yelled on him as I pierce my eyes on the door where I am sure he is standing outside.

 

"You should learn how to listen to me if you want me to disappear in your life." he retorted.

 

"I will find a way." I mumbled softly.

 

I hit the shower to shut him up. During my class, he is standing beside me and it made me wonder if he doesn't get tired of standing. Our professor then suddenly gives us a surprise quiz after his lesson which made all of us to whine.

 

"If you pay attention to him or have studied his lecture, you can surely answer his questions." Amber spoke and I really hate it every time he speaks that way.

 

"I don't have a long attention span and even if I did pay my attention to him, the information won't remain in my head." I whispered.

 

"I will give you 10 minutes to scan and review our lesson." Our professor said.

 

All of us open our books but only a few listened to what our professor told us. My friends are writing the answers on the piece of paper and I on the other hand am forcing myself to read my book. Our exam had started and I really find it hard. In the middle of our test, our professor approached one of my classmates and his paper was taken.

 

"I hope it will teach him a lesson." Amber spoke.

 

I think that guy had been caught cheating. Our professor walks in front and asks another question. Now, he is roaming his eyes around the room. I look on my paper, trying to remember what the answer is. I let out a deep sigh after our test.

 

"Shun should learn not to be obvious when cheating." Kris spoke and scoffed.

 

"He is just unlucky today." Kai stated.

 

"Cheaters never succeed at the end and will not know anything."Amber said while looking at Kai and Sehun.

 

"Why don't you just be their Guardian instead?" I whispered to him.

 

"I was appointed to you only. There will be Guardian's that will be appointed to them." he answered me and I rolled my eyes on him.

 

AMBER's POV

 

Humans are not ashamed to commit sins. I think they don't know that there is no big or small sin. Sin is just sin, doesn't matter if it is big or small, simple or not. I always stay beside Krystal, guarding a human from sin is much harder than watching heaven and hell, thinking about it made me think of Magnus who fled in human world.

 

'Chief!'

 

'You called me, Yiyun?'

 

'Did Minho and Kibum find Magnus already?'

 

'They are still searching for him. Kibum will meet you up this evening to give you some item.'

 

'What is it?'

 

'It's for your Protectee to wear. It will create a barrier to protect her from Demons.'

 

"Then Magnus will not be able to come close to her.'

 

"He can't directly come to her, but once he possessed a human, that barrier won't stop him.'

 

'If that happens, you know that I won't be able to fight him. We are not allowed to hurt humans.'

 

'I know. That is why, the Higher-ups decide to make you exist as a human.'

 

Hearing what he said made my eyes widened. I can't believe that they considered doing that.

 

'You will live as a human but it's not an excuse for you to follow their ways.'

 

'If I will live as a human, I will be visible to all. I won't be able to stay beside her all the time.'

 

'Don't worry about it. You will exist as Amber Joseph Liu, her new classmate and will appear as a teenage boy.'

 

'I pray Minho and Kibum will be able to catch Magnus before he possessed a human.' I sighed.

 

'Don't let your guard down. We don't know our enemy is just near us.'

 

'I understand, Chief!'

 

I let out a deep sigh. I looked at Krystal who fell asleep while reading her book. I don't understand why Magnus choose her to be the bearer of his child.

 

"Umma, Appa,Unnie..."Krystal mumbled softly and tears began to leak in her eyes.

 

I can feel the pain and sadness in her voice. I reach my hand to her face to wipe her tears but stopped my hand halfway because she slowly got up. She wiped her tears and I think she got embarrassed that she cried because her face flushed.

 

"It's okay to cry, you don't have to feel embarrassed about it." I told her.

 

"My eyes are just teary because of sleeping." she replied to me timidly.

 

“Don’t be embarrassed to admit the truth, but get embarrassed by telling a lie on my face.”I told her and she rolled her eyes on me.

 

“Yeah, you’re a ‘RIGHTEOUS’ one.”she said to me using a sarcastic tone of voice.