chapter 3 - The Mall!

So I Met This Crazy Guy called Onew!

Nicole and I walked into the mall.. COEX Mall, the sign read... Oh, I've read about this mall! I thought. I wanted to come here to begin with.. Its allegedly Asia's biggest mall...

Aaah, well, wish fulfilled!

The entire mall was underground.. Pff.. I'm actually not a big fan of going to underground places. I always have a nagging feeling like the ceiling is going to cave in or something.  Anyway, Nicole literally bounced into the mall, and I followed her, not wanting to look like a coward.

Everything was written in hangul.. I found it quite amazing that I could read everything. Well, hangul is pretty easy to read to begin with. Its like 1, 2, 3 and you can read it.. Now, Korean vocabulary - THATS hard..

"So, any particular shop you'd like to recommend?" I asked Nicole, looking around here and there. Everything was so brightly lit and I just loved the lights. Not too dim, not too bright and harsh... just soothing..

"I really like this shop at the end of the mall.. Its very chic."  Nicole replied. I wasnt really listening.. I was more into the mall itself.. Yeh, sister, take me wherever..

"Sure then" I said absentmindedly, looking around.

"We dont have much time to stroll around this time, I guess. But I'll bring you back here another time, we can roam here the entire day." Nicole said. I frowned. She was right... It was one in the afternoon right now. We needed to get back, after which I'd need to set up my room, after which I'd go to the party. Oh my, my life is hectic.

"Lets get straight to it then." I said and dragged her by the arm towards the other end of the mall."This way, right?"

"Right." She said.

We walked in silence for a minute, basically because  I was really mesmerized by everything and Nicole was letting me be. "So.. how are you liking Seoul so far?" Nicole asked me after sometime.

I dont think I really had to give an answer because lets face it. It was written all over my face. I looked.. jolly, if thats the right word. Jolly and happy, like a little kid. Like when you're a kid, and you get exactly what you wanted for your birthday!

"Well as of now its going pretty -- " I was unable to complete my sentence as I saw a bunch of food items coming full speed at me. Splat! My shirt was hit by - lets see - ketchup, fries, chicken pieces.. and tartar sauce.  Wow.. I guess I could just scrape this off my shirt and have it for lunch, save some money..

"Hey! What the hell!" Nicole cried out beside me. Yeah, really, what the hell was this? I know it rains cats and dogs, but food? Really? "I'll get you some tissues!" she said as she rushed off in some random direction.

I turned around a 180 degrees and suddenly I saw the source of all the food. There was a guy standing a few feet away from us. He has nice hair, I thought suddenly. Wait, no. He splattered food on me!  This guy with the nice hair, just.. kept looking my shirt up and down.

"Damnit. What a waste of chicken." he said suddenly, frowning.

Excuse me? I'd say this was more waste of my shirt, not his chicken!

"You splattered my shirt. And you're thinking about your chicken?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

He stood there and looked at my shirt once more, and then back at me. "Well, your shirt isnt a living thing. Chicken, however, is a living thing, so you must respect it." he started reasoning with me like this was a serious discussion.

I stared back at this dude. "If you respect chicken so much, why are you eating it? Go make a shrine and worship it." I started to wipe off some of the ketchup with my hands. I'd worn a new, bright white shirt just cos I was coming to a new country, and this guy seemed to have made a painting on it with his ketchup and tartar sauce.

"Maybe one day I will." he said, a bit annoyed. Wow, seriously? What kind of guy is this?

I looked at the dude's face. He looked sulky...I guess his reasoning of his chicken being greater than my shirt not being accepted by me was getting this guy irked a bit. Good. Let me rub it in his face then. "Beef tastes better anyway." I said. H's eyes suddenly widened like he'd realized I was the anti-christ. I thought he might lunge at me and backed away slightly.

"Hah!" he shouted, "dont mock my taste."

"Whatever." Oh yeh, I'm a cold sometimes.

"whatever." Oh yeh, couldnt think of a better comeback than to copy me?

Suddenly this woman, maybe 25 years old or so, came out of nowhere. She looked at my shirt up and down.  "Hey, I like your style!" she said. Was she mocking me?  "Where'd you get that? Onew, THIS is the type of stuff I was looking for!" Wow, this is just my day for meeting dumb people..

" I know right?" This guy, Onew smiled evily. "She should thank me for colouring up such a plain shirt.."

"Listen buster -" I started

"My name is Onew."

"Onew?"

"Onew."

I laughed. "What kind of name is that?"

He looked sulky."The famous kind." he stuck out his tongue at me.

"what?"

"Its a famous name."

"Are you famous for being a douche?" I asked. If he's famous for anything, it has to be for douchebaggery. I swear.

He looked quite annoyed. I was satisfied. I dont have a clean shirt, so he doesnt have a clean mind. Seems fair to me.

Suddenly his eyes softened and he almost smiled. He came close to me. "Whats your name?" he asked.

"What do you mean whats your name?" I backed away.

He looked at me. "Never mind." he said quietly, walking away. The woman who'd liked my 'style' followed him.

Nicole came back with a bundle of tissues in her hand. I thanked her and wiped the tartar sauce away. My God, I looked like a platter, I swear.

"Wonder what kind of idiot did all this.." she said, wiping the food away.

Readers who comment are awesome! Be one of them!

Subscribe please !