chapter 14

So I Met This Crazy Guy called Onew!

 

Minho was looking at a very beautiful girl. She was wearing a small dress... A bit too small, he thought a bit posessively. I can pretty much see her whole figure with that dress she's wearing. It just looks like a long, tight T-shirt.. Minho his lips. He stared at her as she chatted with her friends.. smiling, talking, laughing... Seems like quite a chatter box, he thought to himself.

Suddenly one of her friends pointed at him and the girl glanced up at Minho, their eyes meeting. Minho bit his upper lip. The girl laughed awkwardly and lightly hit her friend's shoulder. They went back to their conversation. Am I that invisible to you? Minho smirked.

Minho adjusted his cap and pulled it tighter over his head, making sure people could only really see his jaw. Nobody looks at me just once, he thought with a bruised ego. He walked through the clutter of people separating the girl from him. As he got closer, he could see the girl had noticed him coming closer. She kept on throwing slight glances his way, trying to make out where he was. Minho smirked. Why so nervous, baby?.. Their eyes met once more, and Minho could see she wasnt paying attention to the conversation in her group anymore.

To the girl's utter surprise, Minho approached her and casually took her by the hand, leading her away from her friends like he was her long lost buddy. She yelped slightly, getting pulled along so easily. What the - Damn me being so frail, she thought to herself ."Hey!" she protested, but couldnt do much as there were too many people and too much noise. Moreover, as she looked back, her friends seemed to have disappeared.

Minho didnt say anything, he simply kept walking, gently making the girl follow him.

He led her out of the room and kept walking.

"Hey! Are you deaf?" the girl was saying, trying to pry her hand away. She scratched at his hand. Minho didnt feel a thing. "I'll bite you!" she threatened. Wow, Minho laughed.. Is that the best she can come up with?

"Why are you struggling?" he asked suddenly, turning to face her and narrowing his eyes. "It's not like I'm hurting you." yet, he thought ertedly. Oh my God! He suddenly realised. I thought Jonghyun Hyung was bad! But I'm a freak just like him..!

The girl looked down at where his hand was holding hers. It was true that he wasnt hurting her. Infact he was holding her hand so gently...like she was a baby or something. He her hand gently and smiled to himself. "Come on, lets go outside. Its too stuffy in this building."

The girl went mute. Not knowing what to do, she simply let him lead her through the corridor. I wish I had pepper spray, she thought JUST in case..

The girl squinted at Minho. Do I know him? I cant even see his face..

Suddenly a great realisation dawned on her. Am I... on...?

"Okay wait." she said, suddenly stopping. The boy stopped too and turned around. "This is Candid Camera right?" she asked smiling. "I'm on Tv!"

Minho looked at her like she was mad. "Huh?" You're not THAT pretty, baby girl...

"Yes, I am! Oh my God! Tv!" she squealed.

Minho looked around. No Tv crews in sight here.

She clapped her hands together like a child. "You guys can come out now!" she shouted loudly.

Nobody came out. Nobody said a word. The hallway was desserted. Only Minho's huge cries of laughter filled the air.."Haha.. Oh my - you think - oh hoho... hee hee hee.." he clutched his stomach tightly.

The girl stood there looking sulky while Minho had his laugh. He laughed so much, his stomach hurt. Finally he supressed his laughter and began walking towards the exit again.

"Lovely way to win a woman's heart.." the girl muttered at him.

"Who says I want your heart.." Minho replied cockily. Arrogance was his kinda thing anyway..

Oh.. The girl felt a bit bad."Hey!" She said suddenly,trying to change the topic. "Take off your cap, mister."

"Sure," Minho replied, but made no effort to take it off and just kept on walking. She rolled her eyes.. Oh thank you SO much for listening.

They reached the end of the corridor, and Minho dragged her onto the grass  outside the building. The night breeze blew across his face and he smiled, closing his eyes momentarily. He opened them and looked around. There wasnt anybody around.. except for some random dog sitting far away chewing on a dog bone..

He cleared his throat and let go of the girl's hand.  He scratched the back of his neck. "Ahem." he said.

"Ahem?" the girl questioned his choice of words. He drags me out here to.. clear his throat? He DOESNT like me... why am I here? And who is he?

"Let's sit." the boy said simply, plopping himself down on the grass.

The girl raised an eyebrow at him. "Excuse me? If you wanted to sit, couldnt we have just sat INSIDE...?"

"Sit if you want, otherwise leave." The boy said irritably. This girl really talks too much...

The girl made a face. "Fine then! I'm leaving!" she turned around to walk back inside but Minho grabbed her hand and pulled her down onto the grass. She let out a small cry and almost landed on his lap. Too bad I missed, Minho thought.

"Whats your name?" he asked.

"Why should I tell you?" she shot back, pouting.

"Ok fine. Dont, then." Minho felt rather annoyed. Couldnt she see that dragging her across the building was his way of showing affection towards people!

The girl frowned."My friends must be wondering where I am.." she mumbled.

"Who cares. My friends must be wondering the same thing about me."

The cool night air made her hair fly across her shoulder lightly." You look amaz-" Minho stopped himself from completing the sentence.

"Huh?" the girl asked.

"Nothing." he said, sounding a bit annoyed with himself.

"So.. whats your name?" the girl asked.

"What's yours?" he asked back. Seriously? she thought to herself. Is he just going to keep on asking questions I ask him..

She sighed. "Nicole." she said slowly, feeling a bit apprehensive.

She thought she felt the boy smile, from whatever she could see underneath his cap.

"Do you have a face infection or something?" she asked suddenly, trying to look underneath his cap. Minho looked away and avoided her gaze.

"Its okay.." Nicole said, putting her hand on his. "I dont care much about looks anyway.."

Immediately the boy grew annoyed and huffed out a large amount of air. "Excuse me?" Does she think I'm an ugly duckling sitting here?

"Its okay if you have pimples, acne.. a face infection.. I know other people with self-esteem issues too.."

"I. Dont.Have. Issues." Minho said through gritted teeth. Baby I'm a pretty boy, he thought. If only I could show you.."I dont have a face infection, baby." Baby? Why'd I call her that..?

"Its okay if you do.." the girl said, patting his hand like she was doing him a favour.

"I dont!" Minho cried, exasperated, his flaming charisma on the rise.

"Prove it!" Nicole said menacingly.

"I... cant" he said.

"See? You liar!"

"I'm not a liar!"

She lunged for his cap. "Gimme that!"

"No!" Minho said, holding his cap on his head with one hand and trying to pry her off with the other. He rolled over on the grass, hoping to get rid of her. But she didnt relent.

"GimME!" Nicole shouted, tackling Minho and sitting on top of him. "Not so tough now, are you boy?" she asked chuckling. Wow... Guess I dont know my own strength.. she chuckled, feeling like a gladiator.. She looked down at the boy beneath her. On a sadder note, this boy has extreme self-esteem issues..

"Its okay.. " She said softly, looking at him with sympathy. Not everyone's beautiful...

The boy beneath her smirked and just let her sit on him, sort of liking the position they were in.. she was so close to him... Oh, I am such a ert, Minho thought. Here she thinks I'm bad-looking and weak, and here I am, in reality just enjoying a beautiful girl on top of me..

"Poor boy," Nicole mumbled, looking at Minho pitifully. "Its like that song.. You think you're ugly, that nobody wants to love you... you wanna be pretty.. wanna be pretty.." she tried to take out vocals like Park Bom but failed miserably.

Minho laughed. "You cant sing to save your life!" he said chuckling.

He did NOT just say that.. Nicole looked at him furiously. "Oh and you? You're so weak you got tackled by a girl!" she stuck out her tongue at him.

"Yeh right!" Minho scoffed.

"You got tackled by a girl.. and you think you're all that?"

"I let myself get tackled by you, honey." Minho said, slghtly annoyed.

"Yeh right!" Nicole snorted and began getting off of him. Thats it, Minho thought.

Before Nicole could say another word, their positions had been flipped and she was lying on her back with the boy leaning in on top of her.

"Dont ever question my manliness." he said. He leaned in to her further.

"And one more thing," he whispered, his lips. "Your dress is way too small." he said, pressing his lips on to hers.