Chapter 6

Midnight Lovers

Jongwoon stayed glued to Kyuhyun the next few days, watching as Kyuhyun and Ryeowook fought, and laughing as Sungmin played with him. To Jongwoon, it was beginning to look like a normal family, how it should be. One night, Jongwoon trapped Kyuhyun in his room, a pout on his small face.

“Kyu, will you bathe with me?” Jongwoon asked, his eyes watching for any sign that the older would refuse. When Kyuhyun nodded, Jongwoon smiled and was led into the bathroom.

“Kyunnie hyung, I heard minwook hyung’s talking about going to a castle. Are we moving?” Jongwoon asked as Kyuhyun undressed him. A smile flitted across the demons lips before placing a kiss to Jongwoon’s forehead.

“No little one, I gave up that life years ago.” Kyuhyun replied, easing the childs worry. In truth, Jongwoon didn’t want to leave, he still had some hope of returning to his father. A childlike wish of being loved by his blood relative once more.

“You promise?” Jongwoon asked, his small lips drawn in another pout. Kyuhyun could not help but chuckle at the cuteness.

“Yes my little one, I promise.” Kyuhyun replied before finishing the boys bath. After another two hours of fighting the suddenly hyper child and putting him to sleep, he made his way to the kitchen where minwook sat.

“You will end up breaking that promise coldKyu.” Ryeowook mused before sipping his coffee.

“Stop listening in on my conversations sparky.” Kyuhyun hissed.

“Children children calm down. You're the King Kyuhyun, it’s time to stop playing the spoiled child and take on your duties.” Sungmin ordered acting the adult for once. Kyuhyun glared at the two men before an icy chill took over the room.

“They rejected me, my family killed, I refuse to lead them.” Kyuhyun spat. Ryeowook stood at this, his eyes burning red as heat mixed with the cool air and the lit candles grew more intense.

“Cho Kyuhyun, Sungmin and I agreed to watch over your pet, but you have to agree to return to your kingdom. Forsaken or not, you are the true king and the elders expect you to lead!” Ryeowook snapped.

“No, they expect me to follow them and be a figurehead to mouth their orders not mine.” Kyuhyun snarled, his fists hitting the table and rattling the room. Sungmin flinched.

“Shh, you will wake the human.” Sungmin ordered, his threat seeming to calm down the younger demon. Ryeowook eyed Kyuhyun before reclaiming his seat and trying to calm down like his lover had asked.

“It’s your destiny Kyuhyun, you know better than to argue with me on that.” the older said as Kyuhyun claimed his seat.

“Jongwoon is my destiny.” Kyuhyun whispered.

“Jongwoon has his own destiny, you are the one leading him to danger. Let him go, or prepare for the both of you undergoing hell.” Ryeowook ordered. Silence filled the kitchen, the three demons breathing and trying to calm down their anger.

“It’s all fun to you isn’t it, being able to see the right path to take while everyone else has to make mistakes to figure it out.” Kyuhyun hissed. Ryeowook was silent before standing up.

“My gift is a curse, seeing everyone’s death, even your own, makes you wish for death faster.” Ryeowook explained before leaving the room. Sungmin glared at Kyuhyun before sighing and leaning back in his chair.

“Some words of advice Kyu, a broken heart leads to revenge.” Sungmin stated before leaving to locate his lover.

Kyuhyun growled his frustration before looking towards Jongwoon’s room. If he returned to the castle, a home surrounded by demons of various races, and took the child with him. A shudder over came him. To many risks came with the thought. Jongwoon was safest here in the woods with him, but if minwook stopped helping him protect Jongwoon, and now that Eunhae knew about him, he had placed Jongwoon in danger.

“Dammit!” Kyuhyun yelled, his fist denting a hole in the kitchen wall.

The next day, Jongwoon happily read a book as he sat on Kyuhyun’s lap, the older playing with the boys thin hair.

“Sungmin, we need to leave by noon.” Ryeowook called from the kitchen where he was preparing lunch. Kyuhyun looked over slightly interested. Why did they have to leave so soon?

“But Wookie, the birds are singing later.” Sungmin pouted, being one with nature made you crazy. At least, that’s what Kyuhyun thought.

“Listen later, the elders will be pissed if we are late again.” Ryeowook ordered making Kyuhyun growl.

“You're still working for them?” he asked making Jongwoon his head as he closed his book and took Kyuhyun’s hand. The elder’s anger making him nervous.

“Of course, you should know how valuable an inside source is my king.” Ryeowook smirked earning another low growl from the younger demon. Kyuhyun placed Jongwoon on the floor before standing and getting in the older’s face.

“They already have one fire starter in the group, they won’t miss another.” he snarled before an angry wind whistled around them and Sungmin appeared angrily at Ryeowook’s side.

“Touch him Cho Kyuhyun, and your human becomes my next meal.” the usually cute hyung hissed, his features menacing making Jongwoon whimper in fear and cower behind Kyuhyun. In a flash, Kyuhyun had the child in his arms and cooing him to calm down as both Ryeowook and Sungmin stepped away from him.

“We’ll be back later, if we see fit.” Ryeowook said before grabbing his lover and leaving the house. Jongwoon still whimpered in Kyuhyun’s grasp as the older started his way to the kitchen to feed him.

“I’m sorry we scared you.” Kyuhyun whispered placing his young housemate in a chair before gathering the food.

“Will they really kill me?” Jongwoon asked, his eyes watery as fear overcame him. Kyuhyun was quick to rush and hug the boy silencing his fears.

“No, I will kill them before they or anyone else harms you again.” the vampire declared as he hugged the child close.

“Kyunnie, I’m scared.” Jongwoon whimpered making Kyuhyun hold him tighter.

“I know,” Kyuhyun replied, not knowing what else to say to comfort the boy.

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

“Can you cook a human?” Sungmin suddenly asked as they entered the demon sanctuary.

“Yes,” Ryeowook replied, relishing in the dark confines of the small underground sanctuary.

“Good, you cook him and we eat him.” Sungmin smiled, his true demonic nature showing.

“Feed the birds Sungmin, it’s not his future to be eaten. Besides, if things stay on the track I foresee, then Kyuhyun’s decision to return is finalized, Jongwoon will bring him. Or rather, Zhoury will.” Ryeowook mused earning a confused look from Sungmin.

“Kidnap?” Sungmin asked.

“We will find out today at the meeting, shall we go love?” Ryeowook asked stealing a chaste kiss from Sungmin’s pouted lips. Deeper inside the home, thousands of demons sat or stood, awaiting the appearance of the elders, their gods.

“Such fanfare for a group of old dudes.” Ryeowook said bored as he sat down on a bench. Groups of people began whispering as they eyed the minwook couple. In this society, they were untouchable beings, hero’s.

“Look what the cat dragged in, nature boy and fireworks.” Henry called as he and Zhou Mi walked up to them.

“You two are about to have a serious case of frostbite, tell me how it goes.” Ryeowook mused as Sungmin leaned against his side.

“Huh, Kyu’s here?” Henry asked looking around for said boy.

“No, our king has a small problem to handle first. But, you will find out later.” Ryeowook smiled.

“Always so cryptic. Anyway it’s about to start, I wonder what the elder’s will say today?” Zhou Mi smiled. On cue, bright florescent lights illuminated the stage where the elder’s would sit, black cloaked figures sat majestically on pedestals as cheers filled the room. The middle figure raised a hand silencing the group instantly.

“Welcome my brothers, today is a day to rejoice for our missing king has been found!” the elder called earning more cheers that needed to be silenced.

“Do not fear, for as elder’s we will gather the necessary men to retrieve our king and return him from the human confines of which he cleverly hid himself so that he could learn their mindset.” the elder voiced, his words woven lies to fool the masses.

“Well this is boring, if I had known these would be a lecture of lies I would have remained at the house listening to Jongwoon tell me that the turtles could talk to him.” Sungmin silently frowned. Ryeowook nodded, his head hurting from the false prophets above him.

“Our noble men, Zhou Mi, Henry, Donghae, and Hyukjae, will be the ones to fetch Kyuhyun and his current new pet.” the figure announced earning curious whispers about the pet. Ryeowook gasped as the future suddenly changed, the image of Jongwoon sitting at Kyuhyun’s feet in a slaves uniform manifested itself before him.

“A slave, he plans to keep him safe as a slave. Of course no one will touch him then.” Ryeowook mused silently for only Sungmin to hear.