chapter 23

Midnight Lovers

“Are you happy?” Jongwoon asked as he glared at Yesung’s face. Yesung blinked, he had fallen asleep, only to come face to face with Jongwoon, the human Kyuhyun loved, the voice that haunted him. Jongwoon moved closer to the dark angel, his eyes blazing with hatred for this other half.

“Does he make you happy? Does he truly love you?” Jongwoon continued, his discussion now towards Siwon. Yesung could not answer, his mind racing yet empty.

“W-who am I, what am I?” Yesung finally asked sinking to the ground as he held his hair in knots in his hands.

“You are pathetic, a fallen angel.” Jongwoon replied watching the sight of his new body as it thrashed about in grief and confusion. Silence was broken by tears as Yesung gasped out Kyuhyun’s name.

“You killed him, but we can bring him back. Bring them all back and stop this war.” Jongwoon finally announced as he kneeled beside his other half. Yesung looked up confused by the human’s words, a frightened look in his eyes.

“How?” Yesung finally asked calming his breathing as Jongwoon lifted his chin so they could look into the same eyes they shared. Yesung’s breath caught. It was like looking in a mirror. The blond before him reflected him, bright white wings sprang from his back as a robe of white fitted his figure.

“Accept me Yesung. Accept that you are me.” Jongwoon whispered into the olders ear, his voice low and husky just like his got when around Kyuhyun. Yesung closed his eyes, he wanted Kyuhyun.

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

Siwon smiled as he ghosted his fingers over the sleeping Yesung’s face. Sweat and tears covered his face, but the angel looked perfect to him. He leaned down to kiss his lips, but a hand stopped him. OPening his eyes confused, his met with bright cerulean blue eyes framed by a shock of jet black hair.

“Yesung?” Siwon whispered.

“Jongwoon.” the angel replied, his voice icy as he glared at the elder.

‘“Jongwoon?” the elder whispered, only to gasp as the angel grabbed him around the neck, anger surging through his grasp as he squeezed and broke the demons neck. Siwon’s lifeless body crumbled to the floor at the angels feet unceremoniously.’

Siwon blinked as the angel looked away. He had just seen his future if he disobeyed the angel he had used. Jongwoon strode from the room knowing Siwon would follow. His first visit would be to Heechul and his human Hankyung. The war had ceased for now, the sounds missing as he reached Heechul’s room. Barging in without knocking, the occupants jumped, Hankyung’s eyes widening as he sat between Heechul’s equally legs as the vampire from his neck, hand cupped around the human’s arousal.

“Keep an eye on this one, if he runs, kill him.” Jongwoon ordered, his eyes still holding the cold glare from before. The occupants could only nod in fear as the angel left alone for Kyuhyun’s cell. The King’s lifeless body had not been moved as Jongwoon reached down picking up the body gently and carrying it to his room. Sure the older was safe, he ran off to find Sungmin and Ryeowook. When all three bodies were together in the angels room, he shut the door and stood before them.

His scanned the three men, knowing who to revive first, but the want to have Kyuhyun hold him in his arms again was almost too much for him. Shaking his head, he moved to Ryeowook, leaning down and pressing his lips against the fire users. He breathed into the boy, feeling life swell inside the once lifeless male. Parting from him, Ryeowook began coughing, his body popping as it released from its rigamortus like state as flames wrapped around the boy.

“Welcome back to the living sparky.” Jongwoon greeted using the nickname he had learned from Kyuhyun.

“Took you long enough.” Ryeowook hissed looked over to Sungmin with sad eyes and kissing his lifeless lips. He was so cold under his heated tips. He had seen this already, knew this would happen, but it still killed him inside to see his lover dead beside him.

“Yeah well, my other half is an idiot.” Jongwoon replied before aiding the seer off the bed. They looked out the window before Ryeowook sighed and closed his eyes. Jongwoon waited until Ryeowook opened his eyes again to speak.

“What did you see?” he asked with silent male.

“Take the throne you're majesty, for the next week you are king. Our lovers will have to remain in the cold sleeping beauty states for a bit longer until all the demons and laws are back in order. Leeteuk is already calling off the rebels.” Ryeowook explained as Jongwoon nodded his head. Just one week, he could touch his lover, but not kiss.

“Alright.” Jongwoon nodded.