Chapter 17

Midnight Lovers

 

 

“I want you to speak behalf of me tonight.”

“What?” Yesung asks, turning over on the bed a little to look up at the elder, now king.

“I need you to show your confidence as a leader. We can’t have anyone doubting your power.” Siwon says, running a hand through the demon-angel’s hair lightly as the boy continued to stare up at him in confusion.

“What is there that I need to say though?”Yesung asks, sitting up but kept his gaze on the elder.

“I need you to tell them demons to only take one human slave for now. We can’t take any risks of a sudden endangerment of humans. Once I had passed the law, the demons had started to kill the humans rather than taking them hostage.  I need them to hold onto one human for now so I could probably started my own breeding of humans.” Siwon explains, turning onto his back to cross his arms behind his head.

Yesung tries to hide a grimace at the way he spoke of the humans, as if they were animals. “Yes sir.” Yesung mutters as he slides out of bed to prepare, Siwon following right after.

“Do well, my love.” Siwon whispers as he lightly drapes a dark robe over the currently boy, and presses a kiss to the smallers cheek. Yesung gives no response and just shrugs the robe on a little to keep him warm on his small trek back to his own room, his large black wings retracting into his body so they were not visible.

He leaves the room with a small bow to Siwon and makes his way back into his own to prepare for the speech tonight.

“How was your…um…meeting with Siwon?” His servant asks awkwardly once Yesung entered his room.

“Fine.” Yesung answers briefly as he throws off the robe he barely had on for five minutes to retrieve his own, not wanting to wear Siwon’s.

Yesung catches the widening of Kyuhyun’s eyes as he did so, walking over to the bathroom.
“Do I really look that much like him?” he asks, glancing back at his servant boy who was trying to not stare too long.

“Y-Yes.” Kyuhyun stammers, a dark blush rising up to his cheeks. “Especially without the wings.”

Yesung lets out a laugh, a small, sweet and hearty laugh. “Really?” He says, before gesturing the other forward. “Join me in my bath. I want company.” He says once Kyuhyun stepped forward with a sapphire blue robe in hand for his master.

“I—what—“Kyuhyun starts but was silenced by a pair of soft lips against his own.

“No complaining. Join me.” Yesung says before dragging the taller into the bathroom that already had steaming hot water in the in ground tub waiting for them.

Yesung jumps into the water childishly without waiting for the other who was still a little stunned. “Hurry up.” Yesung whines after a few seconds of Kyuhyun just staring at the boy.

Kyuhyun fumbles a little in stripping, momentarily forgetting how to take off his pants as Yesung giggled in amusement, his arms resting on the edge of the tub as he rested his head on top of his arms.

Kyuhyun slides in next to his master and relaxes a little in the hot water, but jumped when the body next to his suddenly moved, saddling up onto his lap.

“You seem tired…” Yesung says softly, reaching up with one hand to caress the side of Kyuhyun’s face.

Kyuhyun swallows hard as he looks up into the boys violet eyes. The concerned expression on his face was genuine, making him look more and more like the Jongwoon he knew.

“I’m alright.” Kyuhyun says in reassurance with a small smile, his own hands reaching up to wrap around the boy’s waist, pulling him closer so that their chests and hips were pressed against each other’s.

“Tell me if you are.” Yesung says as he leans forward, kissing the brunette again.

“Mmm.” Kyuhyun hums softly in response, replying to the soft, sweet kiss as he pulled him closer.

Yesung slid his hands up to rest it lightly on the elder’s chest, feeling the strong muscles beneath his fingers tips as he parted his lips, Kyuhyun’s tongue slipping almost immediately into his, rubbing eagerly against his own.

“Eager much?” Yesung asks when he pulls away for breath, a light chuckle escaping his lips.

“You taste like him.” Kyuhyun whispers in a low, husky voice, his hands sliding down to grab the boy’s smooth, upper thighs.

“So I’m like him, in every single way, just a slight difference in appearance.” Yesung asks, tilting his head back slightly when Kyuhyun leaned forward to at the porcelain skin.

“Yeah.” Kyuhyun mutters. “He also doesn’t really have a dominant personality like you do sometimes.”

“So he’s extremely submissive and timid.” Yesung says, threading his fingers lightly through the other’s dark brown locks, holding his head close as Kyuhyun’s tongue traced his clavicles hungrily.

“Most of the time. He gets really stubborn sometimes though.” Kyuhyun chuckles at the memories, before stopping when he realized who he was speaking of.

Yesung pulls away a little when the other falls quiet, cupping the elders face in his hands again. “You miss him a lot, don’t you?” he asks softly, and Kyuhyun nods once in reply.

Yesung smiles a little and leans forward to press a chaste kiss to the slave’s lips. “Pretend I’m him if it’ll make you happier.” He whispers against his lips.

Kyuhyun shivers at the familiar voice that reached his ears, a small moan falling past his lips as Yesung kissed him again, slow and sensual. “Jongwoon,” he breathes out quietly. “I miss you so much.” He nearly sobs out.

“Shhh…..don’t cry.” Yesung comforts gently as Kyuhyun drops his head into the curve of his neck. “I’m here, Kyuhyun-ah.”

And Kyuhyun cries, throwing all caution away as he clutched at the familiar body. There was no one else he wanted most than Jongwoon.

Kyuhyun didn’t understand how or why he’s actually trusting Yesung so much suddenly. It could be because of how much he resembled Jongwoon.


Yesung fidgets a little as Kyuhyun ran his fingers lightly through the other’s dark hair, pressing a soft kiss to his temple.

“Nervous?” Kyuhyun questions from where they stood near the throne where Siwon was but out of sight, waiting for the council members to enter the great hall.

Yesung nods once as he bites his lower lip, Kyuhyun folding him into a reassuring embrace. “You’ll be alright. It’s a short speech, and Siwon’s up there with you.”

“But I’m still scared.” Yesung whines a little, sticking his lower lips out in a small pout as Kyuhyun pulls back away again to the others cheek.

“Yesung!” Siwon’s voice calls out sternly, causing the winged demon to jump a little.

Kyuhyun couldn’t help the chuckle that escaped from his mouth, earning him a glare from the demon-angel who stalked off towards the king not a moment later after giving Kyuhyun’s arm a half-hearted punch.

The audience fell silent almost immediately when Siwon raised his hand, Yesung cowering a little behind the elder, but Siwon just reached back and pushed him forward.

Kyuhyun watched from the sideline next to Heechul and HanGeng as he waited quietly with the rest of the audience. But Yesung still said nothing for several long seconds, his violet eyes darting around nervously. Kyuhyun took note of the slight tremble in the fallen angel’s small frame.

“Yesung,” Siwon hissed in an angry whisper, the smaller flinching a little from the tone.

“I….um……” Yesung starts, but stops abruptly, swallowing hard as everyone turned their full attention to him, hearing the small, timid voice.

Yesung stares into the sea of people, his eyes scanning over the mass of people, but he still wasn’t able to find his voice. He was starting to break out into a cold sweat as the audience fell into a quiet whisper amongst each other, curiosity taking over them. Yesung’s jaw locks tightly as his hands clench from beside him, anxiety taking over him as his heart pounded loudly against his chest.

But then there, he saw it; the face of mockery staring right back at him, stilling Yesung completely.
The echo of laughter reached Yesung’s ears, a never ending jeer that fell throughout the entire room.

Yesung reaches up suddenly, his hands clamping around his ears as his eyes clench shut. “Make them stop.” He whispers in agony.

Kyuhyun’s brows furrow together in concern, unsure of what Yesung was talking about. The audience was silent except for a few uneasy whispers, but other than that, nobody dared to speak out.

“Please, make them stop.” Yesung whimpers again, backing up a little, Siwon standing up from his throne angrily.

Those faces that stared back at him were full of disgust and mockery, their mouths hung open wide to laugh and tease at him.

“What is wrong with you?!” Siwon snaps out as he reaches forward to grab the other’s arm, but before anyone could react, Yesung collapsed.

Kyuhyun immediately ran forward, falling onto his knees next to the smaller in worry as Siwon dismissed the riled up crowd from the great hall.

“Yesung?” Kyuhyun whispers, shaking the other’s shoulders a little.

“Take him to the doctor. Now.” Siwon commands and Kyuhyun doesn’t need to be told twice before he lifts the unconscious body into his arms and runs for help.

 

 

 

A/N: ty chapter. I know. i apologize. And I'm sorry for the late update too. I'';ve been bombarded with tests suddenly and asdfghjkl I've been trying to catch up on all my work. But anyways......
PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS♥