Chapter 13

Midnight Lovers

*Warning: Unedited and slightly rushed.

 

 

Yesung stirred a little from his unconscious state, struggling to open his eyes a little as he awoke.

“Did you make him drink the potion?” A voice says in a hushed whisper. There were definitely more than two people in the room by the sound of breathing and the shuffling of moving bodies.

“Yes. He should be awake soon, and he’ll remember everything from the past.” A familiar voice replies back.

Yesung lifts his head a little, straining to see properly through blurred vision and lack of light.

“He’s awake.” The voice calls out, and Yesung could hear several people moving towards him.

Yesung tries to move away from them in fear, to find that his arms were tied above his head along with his legs which were folded to the side from where he sat on the floor. He struggles a little, wanting to break free from the strong binds, only for his effort to fall futile when he realized that they were steel chains, impossible to break.

“Where am I?” Yesung calls out, glancing around the room in confusion.

“Welcome back to earth, my lovely Yesung.” A voice whispers sweetly and a hand reaches up to caress his cheek delicately in which Yesung cringes back away from.

“Who are you?” Yesung bites out, although he recognizes the other’s attire as one of the elder’s from Kyuhyun’s palace.

“Do you really not recognize me, my love?” The stranger questions, disappointment evidence in his voice, but lightens up a little when he speaks again. “I guess I’m not surprised. It’s been over 1,000 years since you’ve last seen me anyways.”

Yesung pulls further back away from the elder, pressing closer to the wall behind him as he stares quizzically at the man before him.

“Maybe you’ll recognize me if…” The other drifts off as he reaches up and removes the dark hood that was covering his face. A gasp falls past Yesung’s lips as his eyes widened in recognition.

“Siwon?!”

“Hello,” The other greets with a smile, reaching up to caress Yesung’s face again who was in too much shock to pull away.

“But you were human!” Yesung says as memories came rushing back to him, probably from the suspicious purple liquid that was forced down his throat when he followed the police, which in truth were actually the elder’s in disguise, to somewhere unknown.

“Oh Yesung. You’re still so beautiful from when I’ve last seen you.” Siwon says, running his hands through the angel’s blonde hair lightly. “I loved you so much; so beautiful, so flawless and untouchable. You were immortal, and I was nothing but a mere human. I wanted to be with you forever, but I was so weak and vulnerable as a human. You didn’t love me back because I was human. I was saddened by that fact, so I became a vampire. So you can love me now, Yesung. I’m an elder too. I have more power than that Kyuhyun boy!” There was a demented look dancing across Siwon’s grinning face as he talked, his hands now grasping Yesung’s face tightly in them.

“But you were the ones who killed out all the Angels! You were th cause of imbalance in this world!” Yesung snarls, his expression angry as he shakes his face out of the elders hold.

“I’m sorry, Yesung. I had only meant to hold you captive and kill off any who tried to save you from me. You’re so precious and alluring, Yesung. I wanted you and you only! I didn’t know that you’ll die along with them. I didn’t understand that Angel’s needed sunlight to stay alive, and that your souls are connected to one another. Otherwise I would’ve kept you safe.”

“I know I shouldn’t have saved you from those hungry demons if I knew you were going to become like this.” Yesung says, staring up at the elder with a cold expression.

“Oh but you have to, Yesung. You Angel’s are obligated to save our pathetic lives.” Siwon says with a shake of his head. “But not anymore, my love. I’m strong now. We could be together forever.”

“Stay away from me!” Yesung yells when the demon leans forward to kiss him as he shifts a little to try and kick the other away, but Siwon just grabs his legs easily with a strong grasp, and holds him still.

“Hm, I don’t remember you being this feisty. You were so timid, shy and sweet back then. But either way, you’re still as perfect as ever.” Siwon says with a smirk, and leans forward again.

Yesung lets out a cry of help which was immediately muffled by the demons as he struggled helplessly against the binds. He bites down harshly on the others lips, drawing blood almost immediately and the demon pulls back with a frown, wiping at the blood dripping from his lips.

“Come,” Siwon says, gesturing towards someone from behind him. “Feed him the potion.”

A figure moves forward and Yesung gasps out in shock for the second time within an hour when he saw the other demon.

“Sungmin!?”

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” Sungmin whispers through tears as he falls onto his knees in front of Yesung so they were at eye level.

“Wh-What’re you doing!?” Yesung cries out when Sungmin grabs his face roughly with one hand, the other holding a blue potion. “No! Sungmin, please! Stop!” Yesung sobs as he struggles futilely against the demons strength.

“Forgive me, Jongwoon.” Sungmin whispers before forcing Yesung’s mouth open and poured the liquid past his lips.

“You’ll forget everything soon enough, Jongwoon, You’re suffering will stop.” Siwon says from behind Sungmin as Yesung’s vision blurred for the second time that day.

“You’ll forget about him, that Cho Kyuhyun boy. Your misery and life of a human will be gone. I love you, Yesung.”


Kyuhyun was sitting on his throne, sulking angrily to himself with his chin resting precariously upon a fist. He was in no mood to tend to his important subjects at the moment, more worried about where his lover is, and what exactly is happening.

“Those wrinkles will soon be permanent if you keep worrying your handsome little face off.” A voice calls out from the side.

Kyuhyun turns sharply to glare down at the newcomer, angry that someone had disturbed his silence.

Heechul raises his hands defensively as he leans back against a wall. “I know you’re worried, your majesty. But he’ll be alright. I’m sure of it.” He says in reassurance, seeing the worry and sadness in the younger’s face, hidden behind a expression of irritation.

“Of course he has to be alright!” Kyuhyun shouts, crossing his arms in frustration. “He has to.” He whispers quietly, trying to convince himself rather than Heechul.

“Your highness,” someone calls out as they enter the great hall, dropping down into a graceful bow.

“What?!” Kyuhyun snaps not so formally. “I’m in no mood to do with anything right now!”

“B-But your highness, this is important!” the newcomer says, looking up a little, his expression filled with fear. “It’s….it’s about your servant.”

Kyuhyun stands up abruptly from the stone, his eyes widening in anxiousness before gesturing for the errand boy to retrieve whatever it may be.

“What do you think is happening?” Heechul asks with a frown as the boy quickly runs out, tripping on his own feet clumsily at the urgent command by the king.

“I don’t know. But Jongwoon better be safe.” Kyuhyun says, his face hopeful.

Heechul’s attention immediately turns towards the great doors that opened, and soon enough, the great hall was filled with fifty or so elders with their dark hoods pulled up.

Kyuhyun’s face twitched a little in distaste at the amount of elders there were in their council before taking a seat on the throne again, trying to calm himself from just the mere sight of them.

“What brings you all here today?” he asks, his face expressionless as he stares down at them, but he catches a smirk dance across the leader’s hidden face.

“This is no longer about us, your majesty.” The leader speaks up, his voice full of mockery as he strides his way forward in front of the large group.

“Then what is it!” Kyuhyun snaps, on the verge of cracking as he gives them an irritated look.

“Oh your highness, such a shame that today will be your downfall.” The leader says with a shake of his head.

“What?” Kyuhyun asks in confusion, his angry expression falling from the elders words.

Kyuhyun catches the smirk again as the leader steps aside, followed quickly by the others elders until the large group separated exactly in half, revealing a figure in the center of the vast group.

“Sungmin?” The king says, standing up from his throne, his mind lost in a jumble of confusion as he stepped down from the throne and towards the other demon. “Sungmin, why are y—“the king’s words are left caught in his throat when he sees what the vampire was holding, or to be more correct, who.

Heechul’s gasp was heard throughout the quiet room as Kyuhyun froze, his mind not contemplating what was happening.

“Sungmin? Why…?” Kyuhyun whispers, his voice cracking as he looks up at the other hopefully, not wanting this to be a reality, but the wind user says nothing, his expression stoic as Kyuhyun takes another step forward.

“Please tell me this is a dream?” The king asks, his voice full of futile hope, his face falling hard when Sungmin still says nothing. He takes a few more steps forward until he was facing the demon he once called friend. A choked sob escapes Kyuhyun’s throat as he looks down at who Sungmin had been carrying the whole time.

“Jongwoon,” Kyuhyun whispers, as he reaches forward and takes the limp body into his own arms, Sungmin stepping back immediately. “Jongwoon please.” The king mutters again, dropping onto his knees as he holds the body closer. “Please wake up,”

But the body in his arms was unresponsive as Kyuhyun shook him a little, his eyes swimming with unreadable emotions, ignoring the rest of world around him, focusing only on his lover. “Jongwoon, wake up.” He cries, tears forcing its way through. “It’s not time for you to go yet. Please wake up.” He sobs, clutching the cold body close as he cries into his lover’s chest.

Heechul watched at the scene unfold before him from where he stood, a hand pressed over his mouth in shock. It couldn’t be. Jongwoon…..dead?

“Jongwoon!” KyuHyun sobs heart brokenly, his hold tight around the dead boy.

“We must get rid of his body.” The leader of the elder’s speak up again, not even showing any sort of pity towards the king. “Grab him.”

“NO!” Kyuhyun screams, a loud growl erupting past his lips as he clutches at the dead body, his grip tight, not wanting to ever let go again. “Stay away from him!”

The leader ignores the king’s command and gestures for the other’s to step forward and wrench the body away from the broken mans arms. “We’d only brought him here to show you what you have caused, your highness. He is no longer under your custody. We will make sure his body is properly taken care of.”

Kyuhyun lets out an agonized scream as the elders manage to tear the body away from his stubborn hold, a few of them actually holding the resisting king back.

“No! Give him back! Give him back now!” Kyuhyun yells, his eyes turning red in anger and despair as he struggles within three elders grasp.

All of the demons leave the great hall, along with Sungmin who didn’t bother to spare the king a second glance before disappearing. The three elder’s finally released Kyuhyun when he collapsed back onto the ground in despair, his body hunched over as sobs racked his body.

“Kyuhyun?” Heechul says softly, approaching the younger. The instructor felt horrible for being of no use, but it wasn’t like he could do anything to defy the elder’s.

“Why?!” Kyuhyun cries out, his face pressed into his hands. “Why did they do this to me? To him!?”

“They’re cruel, Kyuhyun. But you mustn’t let this get to you. You’ve got a kingdom to lead—“

“I don’t care!” Kyuhyun shouts, shaking Heechul assisting hands off. “I only want Jongwoon! He will be the only one I’ll protect!”

“Kyuhyun….please….”


Sungmin reaches forward hesitantly, wanting to comfort his lover who was huddled in a corner of the bed, crying.

“Ryeowook? Please, I’m sorry alright? I had no other choice.”

“Why?!” Ryeowook shouts, his eyes filled with tears. “Kyuhyun had trusted us! He trusted you and me to protect Jongwoon! Why’d you side with the elder’s and kill Jongwoon!” He screams.

Sungmin’s mouth clamps shut as he stares at his crying lover, his own eyes b with hot tears. “It’s not what you think, Ryeowook. I didn’t mean to betray Kyuhyun. I was forced to!”

“Then why?! Give me a reason why?! What had Jongwoon ever do to you? He was our only hope in saving this corruption, Sungmin!” The fire user says, scrambling out of bed to grab the front of Sungmin’s shirt angrily.

“They threatened to kill you!” Sungmin blurts out, the tears finally spilling as he stared at Ryeowook. “They threatened that they’ll take you from me, and kill you. It’s either Jongwoon or you….” He cries.

“What…..?” Ryeowook whispers, his hands suddenly dropping from the others shirt, his expression shocked. “But he could’ve saved us, Sungmin. Kim Jongwoon is an angel.”

“But I love you!” Sungmin shouts. “I love you too much to let you die because of him!” he sobs.

“We can’t be selfish, Sungmin! We can’t!” Ryeowook cries, throwing his arms around the wind users neck and hugs him close. “He’s gone now. Kyuhyun will be over thrown without Jongwoon because of your selfishness.”

“I know. I’m sorry….” Sungmin sobs dropping his head shamefully into the crook of his lover’s neck, broken sobs wracking his slight frame as he wraps his own arms around Ryeowook’s waist, holding him close. “But I can’t let you go; I could never. Even if it means we will live in a world of corruption and disaster, I won’t let you die.”

“Sungmin—“

“I’ll never let go, even if it means we lose our freedom. Even if it means Kyuhyun will be overthrown. I won’t let anything get between us either. My love is more powerful than Kyuhyun’s and Jongwoon’s. They’re the ones that are selfish.” Sungmin says, his voice full of anger.

“Don’t Sungmin. Please don’t.” Ryeowook whispers, closing his eyes as he clutches the other close. “Fate is Destiny Bound in Blood. You’re trying to change it now. The path is taking a wrong turn because of his death. No more hate, Sungmin. No more.”

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry Ryeowook, for dragging you into this.” Sungmin says, holding the smaller close.

“I understand, and I forgive you.” Ryeowook says, pulling away a little to look up at him, but Sungmin still catches a glint of pity in the fire user’s eyes. “But we must stay loyal from now on. There is nothing but a path of blood that we tread on now.”

 

 

 

A/N: sorry guys. This is probably the worst chapter ever. It's so rough and unedited.
Please leave comments though still!