Chapter 18

Midnight Lovers

Kyuhyun paced outside the huge double doors that led to the hospital wing of the compound. His heart ached for the angelic demon that was currently inside. What was wrong with him, why had he suddenly broken down like that? His eyes, they were filled with fear. It hurt him that Yesung was now hurting and frightened. Just like with Jongwoon, Kyuhyun had this odd want to protect the boy. Hold him close to his chest and never let him go. And Siwon, he had never liked the elder before, and now seeing how he treated the man he claimed to love, Kyuhyun hated him more. The anger at Yesung earlier was uncalled for.

“Kyuhyun-ah, have you heard anything?” Heechul asked as he walked up to the now enslaved former King. Kyuhyun shook his head, he had heard nothing and it was beginning to frighten him. Heechul’s hand patted his shoulder as Kyuhyun look up at him.

“He’s an angel Kyuhyun, he can’t die.” the demon said making Kyuhyun doubt his words, but the doors opened revealing a tired doctor.

“How is he?” Kyuhyun asked worried.

“Tired.” was all he said, as a slave, Kyuhyun would get no real answers.

“Can I take him back to see the angel, he is Yesung’s personal servant.” Heechul said pushing Kyuhyun forward. The doctor nodded as Heechul and I bowed. The walk to the room filled with silence. When Kyuhyun entered, his eyes fell onto Yesung’s form as Siwon held him in his arms. The angel seemed empty, his eyes dull.

“Master,” Kyuhyun bows drawing Yesung to his voice.

“I brought the angel’s servant.” Heechul announced, his eyes challenging the elder. Siwon glared at Kyuhyun, but when Yesung motioned for the vampire to come to his side, he had to allow it.

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

Sungmin shivered as he forced back the memories of the past month. Leeteuk was now busy helping Kangin with the new army, yet he had been unable to help due to fighting his own demons. His dreams were nightmares as he remembered the forced touches that did not belong to Ryeowook. No, those bites, those nights in bed with stranger’s.

The wind was whistling hard as it matched Sungmin’s inner turmoil. Ryeowook sighed as he spotted his lover sitting alone in tears with only the wind as company. Moving forward, he sat beside his boyfriend making sure to spread his inner heat to cover the boy. Sungmin was still as Ryeowook hugged him, keeping him against his chest. Finally Sungmin spoke.

“Has the future changed?” he asked not looking at his lover, fear of Ryeowook seeing his pain reflecting in his eyes.

“No, Yesung is still a blur it seems my sight still cannot see him that clearly.” Ryeowook admitted. Sungmin was silent before another question whispered from his lips.

“Has our future changed?” he questioned making Ryeowook freeze and hold him closer.

“I keep trying to avoid those sights.” Ryeowook admitted. They were silent again before Sungmin made to stand but Ryeowook stopped him.

“I’m sorry,” the younger whispered, his hold on Sungmin shaking. The future was unclear, but this new blur and unclarity was what scared him. He wanted to be sure of his and Sungmin’s future, know they had one ahead of them.

“You can tell me you know.” Ryeowook suddenly said making Sungmin look up at him.

“Tell you what?” Sungmin asked eyeing his lover.

“Just because I look to the future doesn’t mean I’m blind to the present.” Ryeowook stated eyeing Sungmin with worried eyes. Sungmin was silent, not wanting to say anything about his nightly terrors. he didn’t want to remember those horrid times at the hands of the demons. Nor, did he want Ryeowook revisiting those times as well.

“It’s nothing okay, I’m just not sleeping well.” and it wasn’t a lie, Sungmin really had been unable to sleep. The reason behind the sleep deprivation did not need to be known.

“I love you,” Ryeowook suddenly announced leaning over and kissing Sungmin’s head.

“Love you too,” Sungmin smiled glad Ryeowook was taking the hint and changing the subject. They leaned into the other, lips puckering as their eyes closed and kissed. The shared kiss was simple and sweet, conveying every emotion the two now felt.