Chapter 12

Midnight Lovers

I awoke in Kyuhyun's arms, the sound of him growling having startled me awake.

"What's going on?" I ask searching for my clothes. He didn't have to answer, voices on the other side of the door drawing my attention.

"Kim Jongwoon, you are under arrest for the murder of your father Kim Jiwoon." The village police  called out.  I look over at Kyuhyun scare. I didn't kill my father, what was going on!

"You have to run," Kyuhyun ordered. "Your being framed."

I blink, frightened by the man outside. Who would frame me? Leeteuk's words from last night came back to me.

"Kyuhyun, run I will take care of this." I whisper dressing and calling that I was coming. Kyuhyun shot me a worried look before obeying my wish and running out the window.  I take a deep breath before heading out the door into the police arms.

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

Sungmin watched as Yesung was led away in cuffs, a dark hood over his head. So far, everything was going just as Ryeowook and Leeteuk saw.

"What makes you think I can just sit here and watch as he is led away?" The king asked glaring at Sungmin.

"Because its fate. Remember what I said the future is lined in red." Ryeowook said as he appeared beside his lover.

"Finished acting out of character?" Sungmin asked. Ryeowook ignored the older in favor of watching their king. Kyuhyun was pacing as Yesung was walked out of his sight.

"You knew from the beginning that you and he would never last, that you would be the death of him." Ryeowook whispered. Kyuhyun tensed, his body shaking with anger as his fist clench.

"He isn't dead yet!" Kyuhyun screamed, a strong freeze surrounding them as his anger increased. Sungmin shivered causing Ryeowook to vent his own powers to keep his lover warm in this coming blizzard.

“You're species killed him, right now Kim Jongwoon is walking to his death and you will not stop it!” Ryeowook growled, the future clearer than ever in his head thanks to Leeteuk.

“Watch me, my lover will not die, I am not my father!”  Kyuhyun snarled before turning to run after his lover. Ryeowook snarled before motioning for Sungmin to act. Using the wind, the oldest of the three trapped the younger in a vortex causing him to be pinned to the earth.

“Fate is destiny bound in blood. Yesung know’s his destiny, it is you my king, who has yet to discover his own.” Sungmin said watching as Kyuhyun struggled against the power, tears streaming down his face as he called Yesung’s name.

“I will give you some good news King Kyuhyun. Balance will be restored soon and both of you will meet again. Either standing side by side in friendship or death I can’t see yet.” Ryeowook said, his mysterious ways returning making Sungmin smile.

“I love him,” Kyuhyun muttered as Sungmin released him.

“You killed him.” Ryeowook growled.

“No I didn’t!” Kyuhyun snarled.

“You did, you fell for a human, breaking your own law and then you dragged him inside a coven of demons, parading him about like a trophy an angering the elders. It is because of you that he will die tonight and therefore, like I told you years ago, you Cho Kyuhyun have killed Kim Jongwoon!” Ryeowook snapped before being engulfed in flames and leaving the scene as Sungmin watched with pained eyes beside his ex lover who cried against the ground muttering his love for a dead man.

~SUJU~SUJU~SUJU~

Ryeowook glared over the ocean with red eyes, flames around him as the heat encased him burning the surrounding area. A part of him wished for things to return to the way they were before all of this. Back when he was still learning his power under Leeteuk and Sungmin and Kyuhyun were inseparable. It was back then, that life was easy. The only drama he had then was crush on a boy who loved the prince.

“The future is never easy, it is why the past seems to always call us back.” Leeteuk said as he walked forward. The flames died down as Ryeowook bowed low to his former king and teacher.

“I remember when you would cry in my arms because Sungmin was hurt because of my son. I also remember you trying to fry my son when you witnessed Sungmin getting picked on.” the man chuckled causing a ghost of a smile to cross the younger’s face.

“He deserved it, he still does.” Ryeowook spoke as he sat down and pulled his knees close to his chest.

“The fires of hell us all, but none feel the heat worse than you and my son.” Leeteuk sighed as he allowed his former pupil to lean against him like a son with his parent. Ryeowook sighed as he closed his eyes and tried to concentrate on the immediate future of his friends and himself. When he reopened his eyes, he was in the future.

The world was different yet the same, this black and white universe that could change by even the slightest of thoughts surrounded him. Tears poured down his face as he witnessed the coming things he tried and could not prevent. The work of demons and angels was before him, despite what anyone said, he would never love this power.

“The future is paved in blood, you have this power so that you can learn from the past, live in the present, and prepare for the future.” Leeteuk explained drawing Ryeowook from the future and back to the present. Leeteuk smiled before standing and turning to return to his home.

“My past is covered in blood, my present leads to blood, and I will end in blood.” Ryeowook whispered wanting help from his mentor.

“Something’s never change I am afraid.” the elder stated before disappearing from view as Ryeowook falls to his knees in tears.

 

AN//: So, this is shorter than previous chapters but that is because I am on my phone because my computur decided to be evil lol. I hope you enjoy this chapter as I did writing it and please comment we like those lol!!!