Chapter 26

Midnight Lovers

 

 

 

“Hand him over,” 

Kyuhyun could only glare at the newcomer as he kept a tight hold on his lover’s wrist, hiding the fallen angel behind him protectively. The two before them were obviously angels, by the looks of their pure white wings on their back and the golden aura around them. He could sense the power in them individually, so strong and glorious.

“Kibum, calm down,” One of the angel coaxes, reaching forward to pull the other back.

“Yesung is an Angel, Taemin. He needs to come with us.” The angel, so called Kibum, said angrily.

Kyuhyun bared his fangs at the other, his possessive side showing as Yesung clung close to him, confused and curious at the same time.

“You have to understand his situation, Kibum. Just let me talk to him.” Taemin says, before stepping towards the growling vampire. “Your highness,” he bows a little to the vampire in acknowledgment. “I understand that he was your lover at one point,” he starts, “But you need to know, that he is not the human you loved.”

Kyuhyun snarled when Taemin took one step too close, crouching down in a defensive position. “Jongwoon’s still alive! I know he’s still in there.”

“Kyuhyun, please.” Sungmin says softly from the sidelines, feeling that he should probably talk reason into their enraged king. “He is gone. We can’t get him back.”
Ryeowook, who was standing beside Sungmin, buries his face into Sungmin’s shoulders, not bearing to see the scene unfold before him. After all, he and Sungmin did watch Jongwoon grow up with Kyuhyun, and see the strong love they shared.

“But he’s not dead!” The brunette shouts, moving to clutch the fallen angel closer to him. “Yesung is still in a bond with him, he can communicate with him.”

“The Jongwoon that is inside Yesung’s head is a mere echo, your highness; the echo of his wishes to protect and save you, Kyuhyun, his love. He’s not actually…..alive anymore. It’s just the voice of Jongwoon, relaying his wishes to Yesung.” Taemin explains, “I’m sorry, but he’s gone.”

Kyuhyun turns to the small male in his arms, looking into his purple eyes that stared back in confusion. He reaches up and gently his hair, running his fingers through the feather soft strands.
“But I could still feel him, his presence.” He whispers softly, and he can feel his heart ache as he continued to gaze into those familiar eyes.

“The presence you’ve been feeling all along since he was a child, is Yesung the angel. You fell in love with the human Jongwoon, but he’s only a body, a vessel for Yesung. The Yesung you’re holding now is not the angel either. He is a created image, a demon version of him. We can cleanse and get rid of the demon in him and retrieve Yesung, but the human we cannot.” Kibum sighs, seeing the forlorn look in Kyuhyun’s eyes.

Kyuhyun stares at the demon before him with sad eyes before pressing their foreheads together as one hand came up to caress his cheek softly. “You’re not my Jongwoon are you?” he whispers quietly, and he could feel the other start trembling in fear.

“Kyuhyun?” Yesung says, hurt evident in his tone. “Kyuhyun, please.” He starts, tears welling up in his eyes. “Don’t let me go,” The fallen angel reaches up with desperate hands and wraps his arms around the king, holding onto him tightly. “I’m sorry I’m not Jongwoon. But please, don’t give me up.”

Kyuhyun could feel his heart shattering with each word that left Yesung’s mouth. He’s too similar to Jongwoon; his voice, his appearance, his scent…. His everything.  He leans down with closed eyes and presses his trembling lips to the others forehead softly, sweetly, and stays there for a few long seconds as tears finally spill from his eyes.

“I’m sorry,” he whispers brokenly. “You’re not my Jongwoon.”
 He can feel the other’s shoulders slacken in defeat.
“You do not belong with me.”

And then the crying dark angel was pulled out of his arms by Kibum, guiding him towards Taemin.

“Kyuhyun?” Yesung says quietly.

The brunette glances up briefly with teary eyes to see Yesung staring at him intently.

“Can you….answer one question for me, please?”  He asks. “Did you ever love me? Did you ever love the demon inside me?”

Kyuhyun was stunned into silence as his eyes locked with the others. He didn’t know how to answer this question either. Did he ever love him? Or did he love him only because he thought Jongwoon was still there? The demon, he never did share many memories with him. All that time, when he feels his heart beat, was it for the human Jongwoon? Or was it for the fallen angel?

He was at lost.

Taking Kyuhyun’s silence as a ‘No’, Yesung gives him a small smile before turning away, following the other two angels out.

“No! Wait!” Kyuhyun panics, calling out for the other.
Kyuhyun wants to be able to give him an answer before he leaves. He wants to give the fallen-angel a little comfort of knowing that he has been loved at least in his short life.

Yesung turns back with soft eyes, a small smile still graced upon his lips, but Kyuhyun could tell it was feigned.

“It’s alright, Kyuhyun. You don’t need to lie. I understand.” Yesung says, and before he turns away again, he whispers a soft: “I Love You.”

But before Kyuhyun could say anything else, Kibum reached up to grab Yesung’s hand and the three of them disappeared in a bright flash.

“Wait!” Kyuhyun screams, his heart racing in his chest as he reaches out towards nothing. “I….” he starts, before stopping abruptly.

What did he want to say?

He falls onto his hands and knees in devastation as he cries again, realization hitting him hard. There were so many things he could’ve said. The demon, Yesung, has been by his side throughout this whole battle. And he believed in Kyuhyun through the end.

”I’m sorry.”
“Thank You.”
“I Love You.”

 

 

 


A/N: I'm sooooo sorry guys! I know it's been like forever, but I've been caught up in so much stuff I'm like half-dead practically. And I have only two weeks before school starts and I still haven't started any of my homework! (I've been working a lot at my summer job so I didn't have as much time to write stuff, hehe sorry ^.^')
I'm really grateful towards TheGreatRinnim because hell, she's been needing to put up with my slacking and slow-pokiness. I LOVE YOU.
So anyhoo, I hope you guys liked this chapter! We're starting to wrap things up and gettin ready for the end *laughs evilly*

Please leave comments We love comments ♥ Some upvotes would also be l-o-v-e-l-y~