Chapter 5

Midnight Lovers

 

 

 

“You should let him go.”

“NO!” Kyuhyun snapped loudly, standing up abruptly from his chair from where he sat by the fireplace in his room after he had invited the two unexpected guests inside. He had immediately sent Jongwoon to his own room, telling him to stay in there until he comes and get him.

A bit reluctant at first, Jongwoon shook his head and held onto Kyuhyun’s hand stubbornly, but the elder pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead and promised the child that it’ll only be a few minutes at most. Begrudgingly, the boy finally releases Kyuhyun’s hand and steps into the room as Kyuhyun gently closes the door behind him, Jongwoon not wanting to be a burden to the elder.

“Don’t you use that tone on my boyfriend!” Ryeowook snaps, shooting a burning glare at the taller.

“Shut it, sparky.” Kyuhyun bites out, turning to look at the other with a hateful look.

“His name’s Ryeowook, actually.” Sungmin corrects matter-of-factly, crossing his legs from where he sat.

“We’re getting off topic here!” Kyuhyun says, letting out a breath of frustration as he combs his long fingers through his tousled waves.

“It’s dangerous.” Ryeowook says simply with a shrug.

“It’s dangerous for you and him to be together this way. We’re not doing this for the sake of entertainment, Kyuhyun. This’ll put both of your guys’ lives at risk.” Sungmin says, being more helpful than the fire user at least.

“If you don’t care for your own life, at least think about the child’s. He’s still young, and I could tell he has big dreams and a bright future. If you continue with your selfish ways, you’ll just make him suffer more.” Ryeowook adds, his eyes watching the pacing Kyuhyun before him.

“But have you seen his life without me!? Have you seen how much it hurts him to live with his father? Without my presence, he’s broken!” Kyuhyun yells, turning sharply towards the other two to make his point.

“But he’ll die if you keep him with you!” Sungmin suddenly shouts, standing up abruptly from his own seat. “I’ve always wanted the best for you, Kyuhyun! Even though we may not be together anymore, I still love you as our friend, as our comrade, as our king! If he dies, you will throw yourself at his grave, and blame yourself for it! I know it hurts to see him with his father, Kyuhyun, but he’ll be safer than being with you. The elder’s are after him because you had accidentally given his destination away by approaching the child. They’ll kill you to get to him.”

“Then I’ll protect him! I’ll lay my life down for him!” Kyuhyun yells, and Sungmin catches the emotions swimming through his eyes that were slowly turning red in anger and frustration.

“But we need you alive, Cho Kyuhyun!” Ryeowook says, also standing up, not wanting to just sit back and watch the other two bicker. “We need you both alive!”

“I don’t think you understand the life he has right now. He is living through hell right now, and I’m his only hope. Even though it may be just a strand of a spider’s web, he will still hold onto that last strand of hope and pull himself back out of his misery.”

“But you will also be the end of him, Kyuhyun. You will take away a normal life he may have in the future. Do you really think a relationship between and a vampire will really work out? Especially with a royalty!?” Ryeowook says, glaring up at the other even though Kyuhyun was much taller than him.

Kyuhyun glares at younger, staring him down for a few minutes as the air sparked with tension. But after a minute, Kyuhyun looks away and collapses back down into his seat, scrubbing a hand over his face in exasperation. He bends over as if he was in pain and clutches at the side of his head, his face contorting as he tried to calm himself and think more rationally, but he didn’t want to think at the moment.

“Leave.” He says after a moment, the two other vampires just staring at him the whole time. “Please, just leave.”

Sungmin and Ryeowook glance at each other, but they made no move to leave, and just watched as Kyuhyun went to go retrieve Jongwoon.

But not a moment later, they found Kyuhyun sprinting back out of the room and out the front door.

“I thought you were going to tell him.” Ryeowook says, glancing over at his lover who frowned.

“No. I thought you were going to.” Sungmin says.

“But you were the one who saw Jongwoon leave earlier.”

“So? I’m not going to deal with an irrational and angry Kyuhyun. I’ve been through it enough.” Sungmin says with a slight pout, crossing his arms stubbornly.

“Whatever. Let’s go catch up to them.” Ryeowook sighs with a roll of his eyes, and they both disappeared in a gust of wind.

“God damn it Jongwoon!” Kyuhyun grits out through clenched teeth as he ran through the forest at great speed that no human could ever do.

“Hey ColdKyu.” Ryeowook greets, appearing out of nowhere and running alongside the lanky male.

“Nice running into you.” Sungmin also calls out, falling into place on the other side of Kyuhyun.

“I told you guys to go away!” Kyuhyun snaps, his breath coming out ragged as he dodged and swatted some annoying branches out of his way while the MinWook couple seemed to be enjoying themselves, moving alongside him with ease.

“But we don’t wanna.” Ryeowook says with a pout of his own.

“Go have a picnic with a family of bunnies or something with pink frilly bonnets and a dainty tea set! Just leave me the hell alone!” He shouts in anger, his eyes flashing dangerously.

“But it’s their midday nap time right now.” Sungmin says with a frown.

Kyuhyun lets out a loud growl before leaping upwards, deciding that he’d rather jump through the trees than having those two annoying vampires right alongside him. Not a moment later, he caught sight of the child running not so far ahead of him.

He quickly made his way over to the boy and grabbed him from behind, the child letting out a cry of surprise and frustration.

“Where are you going?!” Kyuhyun says, holding the struggling boy close when he heard Sungmin and Ryeowook appear behind him but stayed a good distance away.

“Let me go! Please Kyuhyun, let me go!” Jongwoon cries, tears streaming down his small face as he pushed at the elders chest, trying to pull free.

“Why? What’s wrong, love?” Kyuhyun says, his eyebrows knitting together in concern and worry as he finally set the child down onto the ground, kneeling before the boy so he was at eye level with him.

“They’ll hurt you.” Jongwoon sobbed, pressing his small fists to his eyes as he cried.

“What?”

“They’ll hurt you if I stay with you. Those people will kill you.” The boy cries, sniffling loudly as he tried to stop.

“Why were you listening in to our conversation?” Kyuhyun sighs gently running a hand through the boy’s soft blonde hair in comfort and pulls him forward, pressing the boys face close to his chest.

“I didn’t mean to. I really didn’t mean to.” Jongwoon says quietly through his broken sobs, wrapping his short arms around Kyuhyun’s neck.

“Yeah, you can’t blame him.” Ryeowook shrugs from where he was, leaning against a tree. “You were roaring like an abominable snowman.”

“Nice reference.” Sungmin says, nodding in appreciation towards his lover.

“Shut up.” Kyuhyun growls over his shoulders, finding the other two’s snide comments not helping the situation at all, still trying to comfort the small child.

“I don’t want you to get hurt because of me, Kyuhyun.” Jongwoon sniffles, pulling away a little to look up at his protector.

“Shh….don’t say that, my love. I’m not in danger. Everything’s alright, I promise.” The elder whispers softly, pulling him forward again and pressed a soft kiss to his cheek. “I won’t let anything happen to us. Don’t you remember? I promised that I won’t let you suffer anymore. If I getting in danger hurts you, then I will make sure nothing will happen. I’ll protect you.” He says tenderly and presses another kiss to Jongwoon’s forehead.

“Ooooo…..this is going to be baaaad.” Ryeowook says quietly, loud enough for only Kyuhyun and Sungmin to hear, but not the boy who was still in Kyuhyun’s gently hold.

“Let’s take you home.” Kyuhyun says quietly after the boy nodded once in slight understanding, pulling away to help wipe away a few stray tears on the child’s face.

“Home?” Jongwoon asks, his eyes hopeful as he grabs Kyuhyun’s face gently with his impossibly small hands for a child.

“Yes, home.” Kyuhyun smiles, and picks the child up, the boy happily wrapping his arms back around the taller’s neck.

“You're just digging your own grave now.” Sungmin mutters darkly from behind them.

Kyuhyun barely spares the other a glance as he turns, and heads back towards his house in the middle of the forest.

Kyuhyun wasn’t going to let anything get between him and Jongwoon.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Yeah! I don't bite! I only take nibbles for my apetizer, and then swallow you whole for the main course!
I don't know what i was going for exactly in this chapter ._.
Comedy? A teensy bit of fluff? A drop of angst? I dah nah anymore. But that's okay.
Enjoy! And please leave comments. We'd like to see what you're guys' expectations are!