Chapter 4

Midnight Lovers

Kyuhyun eyed his fireplace, the flames low and embers cackling. His mind was focused on the little one sleeping in the bedroom beside him. A smirk cracked on his face at the thought of how he met Kim Jongwoon, or as he now wanted to be called Yesung. Sungmin and he breaking up, the elites new rules, it took three hundred years, but he was finally here with Jongwoon.

“Kyuhyun?” his voice was small, slightly scared making Kyuhyun turn quickly, arms out and face worried as the small boy rushed forward, tears wetting his face as he crawled into the older’s arms.

“Bad dream?” Kyuhyun asked as he held Yesung tightly in his arms and kissing his hair. Yesung nodded his head as his small hands clung to Kyuhyun’s shirt.

“About?” Kyuhyun asked as he tried to make Yesung look at him.

“Nothing,” Yesung whispered. Kyuhyun chuckled at the little ones words. Holding him in his arms felt so right, Kyuhyun could barely understand the way he felt towards the boy.

“You're safe now, no one will hurt you anymore, I promise.” Kyuhyun whispered as Yesung closed his eyes and his breathing began to even out. Kyuhyun debated what he should do with the child next, take him back to bed, or keep him in his arms. No doubt keeping him in his arms sounded best for him, both seemed needy of the other but for different reasons. Kyuhyun because a bond with Yesung had formed and he was unable to go against it. Yesung, because Kyuhyun represented the safety and love he had been denied his whole young life.

Finally sighing, he decided to keep the boy in his arms. Yesung was sleeping peaceful, the ghost of a smile hiding on his pale thin lips. It comforted him to see it.

“My little one, so safe in my arms, never will you have to worry about pain and betrayal, I will always be at your side.” Kyuhyun whispered as he began to gently rock the sleeping boy on his lap.

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

Brown eyes watched as a head of blond jumped around the room. The red lollipop in his mouth melted with the heat he was emitting. How could the coldKyu make such a mistake? Was he intentionally going against the elites, did he not know they would take away the thing he was trying to protect?

“Ryeowook, you're on fire.” Sungmin said eyeing the boy on the leather chair that was now lit in flames.

“Your ex is an idiot.” Ryeowook snarled as the flames died down. Sungmin nodded his head before taking a seat at the younger’s feet and waiting for the boy to continue.

“Now, it’s up to me to fix his mistake just like before.” he stated.

“It was my fault before, but this time, the fault lies with the prophecy. Shouldn’t we ask the person who actually started this?” Sungmin asked confused.

“Do you know where that wingless angel is at?” Ryeowook asked making Sungmin shake his head.

“Exactly, now instead of just protecting the ice brat, I have to heat up  his pet human and make sure it stays safe. Aish, this job is just unbearable. Sungmin go get my coat, it’s time we pay our nuisance a visit, starting with the human.” Ryeowook ordered as he stood from his chair and brushed back the caramel colored locks from his face. When Sungmin returned, they shared a short kiss before disappearing in the wind that surrounded them.

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

Yesung was laughing the next day, as he played in the woods around the home. Kyuhyun had instructed him to play outside for the day instead of being inside, truthfully, he had no idea what to do. Never before had he really enjoyed being outside.

“So cute,” a voice said making Yesung turn to find a tall male looking at him with a twisted smile on his face. Yesung backed away slightly at the new intruder, his eyes wide with fear as his heart beat faster.

“So, you are the new target.” he mused moving closer to inspect the human. Yesung growled, trying to copy the low sound he had heard Kyuhyun make that morning attempting to cook breakfast.

“So cute, a nice pet the icey picked.” the man chuckled. Before the older could continue though, a harsh wind blew around them turning the air to heat up and forcing the stranger to growl as Yesung had just tried.

“Donghae, stop scaring the cutie, it’s not very nice.” a small blond laughed as he appeared beside Yesung, his eyes hard as he glared at Donghae.

“Sungmin master of the wind, tell me, did they send you? Or, is it that being his guardian you had to come help the human as well?” Donghae asked as Sungmin placed a calming hand on Yesung’s shoulder.

“Simply smelt a rotten fish and was curious of why. Now I know.” Sungmin smiled.

“Where’s your other half?” Donghae suddenly asked.

“Taking care of yours,” Sungmin replied, this time his voice was rid of it’s bubbly tune and now more serious. Yesung gulped, fear over taking him as he hid behind a tree and quietly wishing for Kyuhyun to rescue him.

“Let me do my job Sungmin, move.” Donghae ordered moving forward towards Yesung’s hiding place. Wind gushed around Sungmin as his power spiked, suddenly, the air turned frigid, the ground getting covered in ice along with the trees as snow began to fall from the sky. Both Sungmin and Donghae froze as their heads turned to the reason behind the sudden frost.

“Kyuhyun!” Yesung yelled dashing from his hiding place and jumping to hide behind his savior. Kyuhyun glared at the two men as he placed a calming hand on Yesung’s shoulder.

“You four should leave.” Kyuhyun said, his voice low but carrying the air of authority he was used to having.

“You have no power Kyuhyun,” Ryeowook said as he appeared beside Sungmin, his red attire turning back to black as his flames died off his body. Hyukjae, Donghae’s partner appeared looking like a fried monkey and cursing under his breath. Yesung shivered slightly at the still frigid air making Kyuhyun growl and shake in anger. He couldn’t warm him up, and if he stopped the cold, then he would no longer hold the advantage. A black leather jacket was tossed at Yesung, falling onto the boys hard immediately covering the boy in warmth.

“Hey you never give me your jacket!” Sungmin pouted.

“Frostbite is not a cool way to die human, Eunhae, tell the elder’s I have Kyuhyun, no one should panic and send out any unneeded help.” Ryeowook ordered. Donghae was about to protest when Hyukjae stopped him.

“Fine, we’ll leave, but they won’t be happy.” he said before the two disappeared. Ryeowook turned his gaze to Kyuhyun, the man not calming down despite Yesung’s now calm figure as he huddled under the leather jacket.

“Thank you Ryeowook hyung for giving the pet you're jacket and getting rid of Eunhae for me.” Ryeowook said.

“I’m not saying anything, now leave.” Kyuhyun hissed.

“Aish stubborn brat, you do realize they want him dead and you already have a death wish.” Ryeowook snapped, fire rising around him as his anger rose as well. Yesung once more cowered behind Kyuhyun.

“You're both scaring him, now let's be civilized demons of hell and go have tea and eat cake like a family should.” Sungmin ordered as he started walking towards Kyuhyun’s home, Yesung following behind suddenly feeling safe.

“I will kill you later sparkey.” Kyuhyun whispered through bared teeth.

“Not before I kill you and get back my jacket.” Ryeowook replied.

(AN// So, thank you for the comments so far from our lovely readers, please if you have any suggestions or wish to see something between characters like fights or something comedy wise feel free to ask, niether of us bite lol.)