Chapter 19

Midnight Lovers

Siwon entered the angels hospital room frowning, when he saw the former kings sleeping form in Yesung's arms. The angel looked up at the elder with questioning eyes as the older man walked forward.

"Is something wrong?" Yesung asked, his voice held no emotion as he combed his fingers through Kyuhyun's hair as if petting a cat.

"He is affecting your work, you have to get rid of him." Siwon ordered earning the angels dark chuckle.

"You were the one to instruct me to have him as my slave. Tell me Siwon, which is it that you want?" Yesung asked.

"I want you to kill him, he doesn't even love you. But I do Yesung, I know you, I love you the angel before me. Not some human who died, I love you." Siwon said before kissing the angels lips.

'No, not him!' A small voice cried in Yesung's head. It was the same voice that screamed when he was in that room. The same voice he heard before in his dreams, it was Jongwoon. Siwon pulled away, his eyes trained on the angel before him.

“Kill him Yesung, return to me.” he ordered before leaving the room as Yesung pulled the sleeping demon king in his arms. He was confused, who was he, what was he? Earlier in the announcement chamber he had frozen, all those eyes on him watching him as if seeing through him. The memory of being humiliated before them fresh in his mind. But whose memory was it, his or Jongwoon’s?

To Kyuhyun, he was Jongwoon, not Yesung. The former ruler of demons only knew him as the human he lost. He resembled this Jongwoon person in Kyuhyun’s eyes. If he killed Kyuhyun like Siwon wanted, wouldn’t that place him and this Jongwoon together? I am an angel, clearly that would explain why I looked like this and held Jongwoon’s memories and voice. I was transmitting them right?

‘No, protect him, you have to protect him!’ Jongwoon’s voice pleaded. I shiver at the desperation in the voice. My heart clenched as Kyuhyun shifted comfortably in my arms. Protect him, how?

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

Sungmin tossed and turned beside me, his brow scrunched in worry as a sheen of sweat covered his face. Ryeowook knew why it was like that, and it was his fault. Even with his hyung tucked in his arms surrounded by his warm heat, Sungmin’s nightmare still plagued him. Closing his eyes, Ryeowook concentrated on his lover allowing the familiar feel of his recent training with Leeteuk to consume him. When his eyes opened again, he was inside a dark room, Sungmin before him whimpering as several demons ate from him. He was skin and bones, so frail looking it scared him. Moving forward, he placed a soft hand to caress Sungmin’s cheek.

“None of this is real anymore, you are safe now my love. You are in my arms safe away from these monsters. Open your eyes Sungmin, wake up and see for yourself how safe you are. Take my hand hyung, you will be safe.” Ryeowook whispers offering his hand to the frightened older. Sungmin hesitated, his eyes dull and shaky as the demons ignored them in favor of the crimson liquid they sought.

“Wookie.” Sungmin whispered trying to raise his hand. Ryeowook smiled waiting patiently for his hyung to act on his own. When he felt that cold hand touch his heated one, Ryeowook smiled and truly opened his eyes.  Sungmin smiled at me finally awaken from his nightmare.

“You saved me.” he whispered making Ryeowook smile.

“Of course, I will always save you.” Ryeowook replied pushing back a stray hair from his hyung’s face. The next day Sungmin followed after Ryeowook as he went about his training with Leeteuk. They were focusing on Yesung, if they could see his movements, then the war would almost be won.

“Why not focus on Siwon, he seems to be the one calling the shots.”  Sungmin finally said after watching his lover fall to the ground exhausted. Leeteuk shook his head with a worried expression.

“Siwon knows about us, which means he knows we will watch his movements.” the leader explained. Sungmin sighed as Ryeowook moved to his side.

“It’s fine hyung, I can handle this training.” Ryeowook smiled before kissing his lips. Struggling to get back on his feet, Sungmin could see the amount of time his lover was putting into his training. He should do the same with his own training with Kangin. Sungmin continued to watch as Ryeowook returns to meditating and focusing on his visions as fire erupts around him. Finally taking a breath, Sungmin turns to work on his own training. Just like Ryeowook, he had to step up his game if he wanted to return the throne to it’s former ruler.