The final act

Midnight Lovers

 

 

Ryeowook watched from his perch by the wall, his eyes glowing a dull red as he let his powers keep him warm from the harsh winter. Currently, his lover Sungmin was trying to aid their king Kyuhyun with planning the next meeting between angel and demon. The question on his mind however, was why the hell they were outside in the cold?

“I have never foreseen this, and I regret not seeing it.” he mumbled just as a cold wind blew at him making him glare at the playful look Sungmin was giving him. His eyes went from Sungmin to Kyuhyun though. He had looked into the king’s future as he usually did, the picture of Kyuhyun smiling and happy once more. Unlike the emotionless empty shell that ruled now.

Yesung had been gone for two years now, the angel saying nothing to him since their separation despite being on the council that met regularly with the demons. Of course, regularly was once every month and even that consisted of Kyuhyun having to make sure Heechul did not insult the angels.

“You seemed troubled love.” Sungmin whispered as he caressed the younger lover’s heated face. The cold touch in winter made the fire user growl before warming up his lover.

“Our King clings to the past, which means we can not head to any future for me to see.” Ryeowook responded making the older nod.

“Too many outcomes?” he asked.

“Your ex is a pest.” Ryeowook snapped turning to head back to the warm castle. Sungmin chuckled before appearing at his side. They walked in silence until they had arrived back in their room. Taking a seat on the bed, Sungmin eyed Ryeowook. The fire user did not show his emotions well, choosing to hide them from people. But, Sungmin could see the cracks in his lovers facade.

“How is Yesung doing?” Sungmin finally asked. Since training with Leeteuk, Ryeowook’s powers had escalated to the point where he could see Yesung if only briefly.

“He silently watches over Kyuhyun, he makes sure to keep his presence closed from our demon king, but he is always watching.” Ryeowook announced. Sungmin nodded his head, he did miss the little runt he used to tease.

“I wonder how Kyuhyun will act today when they meet at the meeting?” Sungmin questioned eyeing his boyfriend expectantly. Ryeowook said nothing though which to the elder was normal for him. Smiling, Sungmin wrapped his arms around the smaller man pulling him down to the bed.

“What do you see for our future?” Sungmin asked before lightly nibbling the fire demons ear.

“A roasted rabbit.” Ryeowook stated with no emotion before Sungmin jumped from the bed yelling about being burnt.

*~*

Kyuhyun sat at his throne watching as Heechul and his human Hangeng talked and laughed. It seemed unfair that he could continued with his human and he, the king could not. The more he watched them, the more he realizes just how alone he really is. 

When the two left, Kyuhyun released a sigh of relief before closing his eyes. Soon the angels would be here to discuss the improvement of the demons since the war. It was a meeting he both loathed and craved, because it was the only time he could see his precious Jongwoon.

Finally the time for the meeting arrived. Kyuhyun sat at the head of the table, to his left sat the Angels, their pure presence glowing in the dark hall. Yesung sat quietly between the elder angels, Kibum and Taemin.  On his right, the demons, Minwook sat together at the far end, a careful eye on the scene as Heechul yawned and examined his nails beside the royal.

“Several changes have been made for the better around here. Less humans are being trafficked into demon territories, and angels are regaining their status.” Kibum started.

“Our leader’s top priority is the safety of all worlds.” Heechul bowed. As the talks went on, Yesung eyed the silent King. He had watched over the elder for months since he left him. It hurt that he could do nothing for him despite wanting to. Althopugh he is not Jongwoon, he still shares the humans memories of his previous life. His fists clenched under the table as he risked another glance at the man he knew his human and demon side loved. 

When the meeting was over, Yesung walked out of the council room, using the excuse of wanting to see some old friends.

Hiding inside of a bathroom, Yesung concentrated hard on what to do, before smiling to himself as he decided on the perfect gift for the demon king. 

*~*

Yesung made his way over to Kyuhyun, the silent King saying nothing at his presence as he tried to avoid eye contact. 

“I’m sorry.” Yesung began, bowing to the King respectively.

“Why?” Kyuhyun asked reclaiming his throne. Yesung was silent, debating his words from thought, unsure of how he should start. Finally, he smiled mischievously. 

“I have a gift for you, your highness. Something I thought would make you happy again, but you have to be careful with it.” Yesung warned, the sly smile still stretched upon his face. Kyuhyun glanced down at the angel, before catching a very familiar scent. His silent heart pumped at the sweet smell wafting his way as the angel stepped aside revealing a small six year old boy with messy brown hair and chocolate brown eyes inside an oval face. The clothes he wore were to big for his small frame and made him look even smaller. 
The child cowers back behind the angel again for a moment when he stepped away, clinging onto the angel's pants as he glanced timidly up at Kyuhyun. 

“This is Jongwoon. Since my vessel did not work out the first time in your favor, I retrieved Jongwoon's soul from the other world, and brought him back for you. Raise him well,Cho Kyuhyun.” Yesung ordered as recognition suddenly crossed the child's face, young Jongwoon eagerly holding up his tiny arms for the demon king to lift as he ran forward. With tear filled eyes, Kyuhyun pulled the child close to his chest as Jongwoon buried his small head into the demons clothes, clutching onto Kyuhyun tightly.

“A gift, for keeping me safe.” Yesung whispered before slipping out of the room as Kyuhyun held the now sleeping child he could call his own. Cho Kyuhyun, had been reunited with his precious Kim Jongwoon.