pink fuzzy socks

Simple interpretation

Sojin didn't need his alarm this morning, he was already awake. He had been awake most of the night. Between thinking about his grandmother and Kat he couldn't turn his mind off to get any rest.

He showered and got dressed. He stopped for a bit in the Kitchen to say good morning to his mother. She was also worried about grandmother.

"Sojin, I made you a lunch, I hope you don't mind, I know you are too old for me to fuss over but we had lots of food." She said.

"Thank you, that will be very nice. Sung Lee will be very jealous." He said

"I know, so I packed extra for you to share." She replied.

"You always think of everyone. You are very kind Mother. I am glad I found someone so much like you." He said.

His mother looked a little shocked and she said, "Sojin, that is very sweet of you. I know we will all love her as much as you do. Please don't worry any more."

"I think things are on the right track, I have no worries about us. After a good chat, last night, with grandmother, I think she will be on our side as well. Sojin said with a smile.

With that he was off. Heading to work and waiting...until the time to go pick up Kat. He should be able to leave just a little early to beat the traffic and still be there well before the plane arrives. He had it timed perfectly, or so he thought. Sometimes, planning doesn't matter in the least.

Kat and Seul Chan were at their last meeting. It went so well, that is ended quite early. There was now a lot of extra time before their flight home. Once they arrived back at the hotel, Kat asked Seul Chan how he felt about trying to get an earlier flight? He was up for it, so she stopped at the concierge office to work on the flight plans.

Kat had such a way with people and she really liked this city and their hotel. She gushed just a little and the concierge was more than happy to help her. They searched the internet, he made a couple calls and they did get an earlier flight to South Korea. He called for the car to meet them out front and she asked that he please proceed with checking them out, she would be back in 10 minutes to sign everything.

Kat made her way to her room, but not before stopping at Seul Chan's room first. She told him about the change in flights and he was already packed and ready to go. She said great! The car will meet us downstairs I just need five minutes.

The travelers met back up at the elevator, Seul Chan asked, "why the rush to get back early?"

Kat replied, "you know our conversation yesterday at dinner? Well, there's something I need to start right away and I've decided it's a chance worth taking."

"You mean with guard Lee?" he asked even though he knew it was not his place.  

"I think I have already told you too much. Just take my word for it, I am looking forward to getting back. If everything is on time, we should arrive about 2:30 instead of 5:20." She said.

Kat signed everything at the desk, thanked everyone for being so helpful and they headed out to the car. It was a quick trip to the airport, and thankfully everything was on time. Seul Chan was impressed with the way she made traveling look so easy. He thought to himself that this would have taken him forever if it had been just him. His English was very bad. He knew he should try harder to learn the language.

"Kat, have you ever thought of teaching an English class at the hospital? If you had the time and the Hospital would go or it, I know several people who would be willing to learn from you." Seul Chan said.

"I have never thought about that, it does make sense. Maybe I will make an inquiry. Hey….you're not looking to replace me are you?" She asked.

"No, no, I could never. I am very good with science and problem solving but languages were never my strong suit," he said.

They got on the plane and off the ground without a hitch. Kat told Seul Chan that she was planning on surprising Sojin and asked that he not mention their early arrival. He said he was actually thinking of going back to work when they arrived in Seoul. He wanted to get a head start on his reports.

"I admire your dedication but do you think you could start at home?" Kat was almost pleading.

"Well, I suppose I can." Seul Chan said.

"You know what, I am sorry, it's not right for me to ask that of you. Now that I think about it, maybe we could get a taxi back to the Hospital. There is something I need to do and no secrets. I will Try and avoid seeing Sojin, but if we run into each other, it's okay." She said.

"Great! I am not that good at secrets and even worse at hiding." He said.

Kat took out her notebook and began to write. She made a list of places she wanted to go today, after the Hospital. She checked her bus schedule and made more notes. She also thought if she ran into Sojin it would be okay. Her first stop would be grandmother. She wanted to visit her and it couldn't wait.

The flight was on time, landed perfectly and the weather was even nice. The travelers grabbed a taxi and sat back for the ride to Seoul General Hospital.

Kat wanted to sneak in as quickly as possible. She went through the ER and took a chance that Sojin wasn't there. She went in the employee entrance, to minimize her exposure. She dropped her suitcase of in the ER locker room and took the back stairs up to grandmothers floor. A quick call from the taxi gleaned that bit of information.

Kat walked into grandmothers room. It appeared that grandmother was sleeping so Kat was quiet as she walked in the room and sat down next to her. She spent a few minutes just looking at her, then she started to cry. She was tired from her trip, from not sleeping last night and she was sad about missing the party and that grandmother ended up in here, like this.

It felt good to cry. As the tears flowed down her face she moved a little closer to grandmothers bed. As quiet as she could she said all the things that she'd been thinking of.

"Grandmother I am so sorry for missing your special day. I really wanted to be there. I am sorry for making it seem that I want to take your grandson away from you. I know he is special, that's why I like him. I am sorry for being older than him. I am sorry for going against your wishes but I can't help it… I don't just like him…I love him. He doesn't know I am here, I changed my flight to an earlier one. I wanted to see you first. I hope when you are better and back home that you and I can have a nice long talk." Kat said.

Kat waited a few minutes before getting up to leave. She dried her eyes and left the room.  When grandmother was sure Kat had left, she opened her eyes. She realized she was making it hard on her but she didn't think Kat would care what she thought. Grandmother felt bad. She then asked Sojin to come out of the bathroom.

Sojin was also visiting his grandmother and had just stepped into the bathroom to get her some water for her flowers. He wasn't hiding, but for some reason he was so shocked that Kat was there, he wondered why she was back so soon. He felt a little guilty since now it looked like he was hiding so that he could listen to their conversation.

"Grandmother…what should I do?" He said.

"Don't be a fool, go after her." She replied.

Sojin quickly left the room, only to find Kat at the end of the hall. She was looking out the window and still crying.

He walked up to her and asked, "are you alright?"

She was startled to hear Sojin's voice. Her reaction remained calm though and she said, "no, I am sad about Grandmother. I shouldn't have missed her party and I could use a hug."

Sojin gave her a hug and quietly said, "will it make you feel better if I tell you her tests came back negative and she will be fine. I can also say, she is on our side now. One more thing, I was in the bathroom in her room, just now and I heard you talking."

"What?" she said

"I'm sorry. You don't want to take any of it back do you?" he said.

"Maybe some of it," and with that she pulled away and slugged him softly in the right arm.

Sojin then looked around and down the hall, satisfied that nobody was there, he kissed her and said, "I love you too."

Finally face to face, saying the words they had wanted to say for days. Acknowledging the feelings that they both had for each other…considerably longer than either had realized until this moment.

"Sojin, I am sorry I didn't tell you our flight changed. I thought I would be able to surprise you. Surprise!" She said.

"I am surprised, but it's a good surprise. I just happened to be in Grandmothers room. I guess fate will not let us be apart and for that I am glad." He said.

"Me too. Very glad. I have some things to do and I am not officially back to work yet. Maybe I could say I will see you later, tonight?" She asked.

"Yes, tonight. What would you like to do?" He asked.

"I am pretty tired, maybe you could come over and we could just have a nice quiet dinner and a movie?" She said.

Sojin looked at Kat and said, "I wouldn't like anything better."

"Good, then I will see you about 6 o'clock?" She asked.

Sojin and Kat said good bye, for now. Looking forward to seeing each other later. Kat went downstairs and retrieved her suitcase then outside to catch a bus. She had a couple stops to make. She has a time frame to work in and a lot to do. She wanted everything to be perfect. She had a plan and  if all goes well, Sojin will be quite surprised, again.

Sojin went back to work, but honestly had a difficult time. Sung Lee could tell something was different when he returned. He didn't asked, he just assumed it had something to do with Kat. These days if Sojin was smiling, it had something to do with Kat. Sung Lee was starting to grow tired of his friends happiness. Not because he was a happy man, just that Sung Lee wanted to be happy as well.

The rest of the day was uneventful for Sojin and he left right on time. Sung Lee couldn't even catch up to him in the parking lot. Sojin waved as he drove away, smiling of course.

Sung Lee waved back yelling, "it is a work night, don't forget that!"

Kat made a couple stops along the way home. First she needed to stop by Sojin's and have a quick conversation with his Mother. It went very well. Mother was happy to see Kat and pleased she took the time to check in on her.

Kat also hit the local farmers market to stock up on all the yummy items she would need for dinner and then some. She arrived home with a little time to spare. Having not been home for a couple days, her stuffy apartment needed some airing out. She buzzed around the place, cleaning, unpacking, cooking…she was a whirlwind of activity. Sojin sent a text telling her he was on his way. Kat took a few minutes to sit down and think. She wanted everything to be perfect and this was as close as she was going to get.

Kat was taking a few minutes to freshen up. She was in the bathroom when the doorbell rang. Her first thought was why is he ringing the bell? Maybe I should give him a key and encourage him to use it freely. She made mental note on her way to the door.

Kat opened the door and said "hello Sojin, long time no see."

Sojin looked at Kat, but said nothing. He just looked at her for a few seconds then he rushed in and began hugging and kissing and kicking off his shoes all in one move.

Kat said, "Sojin, slow down…we have forever, okay? There is no reason we need to rush, plus I can't breathe, alright?"

Sojin took Kats advice and let go of his death grip on her. He walked with her into the living room and they sat on the couch together.

"I have missed you and seeing you for a few minutes this afternoon, made my feelings more intense," he said.

"I know, I was really looking forward to seeing you too although I was caught off guard seeing you this afternoon. It just made getting ready for this evening that much more fun." She said.

"Getting ready? Getting ready for what?" He said with a look like an eager puppy.

"First, I think we need to have dinner. I have made some wonderful things. You are hungry, right?" She said.

"Alright, lets have dinner." he said.

They sat together and ate. They talked about Grandmothers party and her trip to the UK. She offered a little information about the conference. Sojin quickly admitted that it was boring and he may fall asleep if she continued. She laughed and added, yes…it was hard to stay awake but I had to, It was brutal at times. Seul Chan was a trooper. He loved every minute of it. He's either really dedicated or too smart for his own good.

After dinner Sojin helped Kat with the dishes. They talked more while cleaning up. Sojin stole a few kisses. Kat let him,  and actually encouraged it. After clean up was done, Kat suggested they sit again. She had rented a movie and asked Sojin turn on the TV and player.

He put the movie in and and they sat down to get cozy. Before the movie even started, Kat excused herself for a few minutes.

"I am going to change into something more comfy. If you don't mind?" She said.  

"Oh, alright. I will wait here. (Sojin kept talking louder so Kat could hear) What made you choose this movie? Ware Wolf Boy, it sounds silly and not very frighting." He said.

Kat spoke loudly from the bedroom and said, "I LOVE Song Joong Ki. He's great in this film (said all the reviews) and it's not supposed to be a scary movie, it's a love story."

Sort of under his breath as he looked at the DVD cover Sojin said, "I don't see what's so wonderful about this Joong Ki. Looks like a pretty boy. DO YOU LIKE PRETTY BOYS OR SOMETHING…I don't know what she sees in me, hmmm."

"Sojin, I like older guys, men. Joong Ki is too young, although quite handsome, he is too young and you're right, he's too pretty. I like guys in uniform, who have special jackets with little patches on the sleeve, who carry big heavy flashlights and walkie talkies…a guy who can keep my safe. A guy who no longer scowls at me when I walk by. A guy who looks around before he kisses me." She said.

"Do you have someone in mind?" He asked.

"No, I'm keeping my eyes peeled though, just in case he shows up." She said as she looked around the room.

Then her eyes landed on Sojin and he was making that face. The angry one he used to make before he spoke to her. She looked at him for a few seconds then leaned forward and kissed him. She caught him a bit off guard and that made her smile.

Sojin looked at her and said, "is this your comfortable outfit? A baggy sweatshirt and workout pants?"

"You don't Like it? This is my favorite F(x) sweatshirt. Sulli wore this in a photo shoot, I can't remember for what, but she looked great." Kat said.

"I don't remember seeing that ad, but you look adorable in it." He quickly said trying to correct his previous tone.

Sojin reached down and took her hand. He held it, looked at it and pointed out the scar on her hand from that time she was pushed down by the mugger in the park.

He rubbed the scar lightly and said, "sorry."

"It wasn't your fault. Besides, that was the day we met, well rather the first day we spoke. Maybe it was meant to be. The mugger, the cut on my hand, the day that changed our course and made our paths collide. This scar is a good reminder, not a bad memory." she said.

The movie was just playing softly in the background as Kat and Sojin discussed the scar, the accident, their first date. It was sweet, the way Sojin wouldn't let go of her hand. He had her back home now and didn't want to lose track of her.

Kat quietly asked Sojin if wouldn't mind getting her a pair of warm fuzzy socks. Her feet were getting cold. He did not mind, he hopped up and headed to the bedroom. Having watched her pack before, he knew the socks were in the top drawer of her dresser. He opened it but no socks. There were some other cloths in there. As he started to close the drawer he noticed the silky underwear she brought back from the UK. That made him pause a minute. He took then out and held them up and laughed a little.

Then Sojin opened the next drawer and there were no socks. He did see the other pair of silk shorts that matched his. He felt that was strange since he knew his were back at his house. Then he opened the top drawer again, and did some more looking. He found some new pajamas, wrapped in tissue paper They were blue with white stripes on the pants and the shirt was a matching solid blue. They were very soft, but looked like mens pajamas. Then he spotted a t-shirt that he knew was HIS. It was from his college, one of his favorites. He looked further and found more of his clothes.

Sojin closed the drawer and stood there a minute. He didn't remember bringing them over. If this was Kats doing, when  did she do it?

"Kit Kat, I can't find any socks, where are they?" He asked.

"They are in the top drawer of the nightstand. I moved them, sorry." She said.

Sojin opened the nightstand drawer and found a pair of pink fuzzy socks. That was it. just the one pair of socks and nothing else. Just then he caught a glimpse of something new on the nightstand. At least it wasn't there last week. It was a pretty blue glass bowl. He got closer for a better look. When he figured out what he was seeing, he sat on the floor. Holding the socks.

"Did you find the socks okay Sojin?" She asked as she smiled a little too big.  

"Yes." He replied.

Sojin picked up the bowl and looked carefully. They were condoms. Assorted colors and sizes, he was speechless. He had no idea what to say or what to do. He got up, placed the bowl back on the table and left the bedroom. On the way passed the closet he noticed about one third of it was empty, except for a pair of his nice pants and one dress shirt.

He went back in to the living room and handed Kat the socks.

She looked at him and said, "thank you. What took so long, did you have trouble finding them?"

"No, not once you told me where you had moved them." He said.

"Oh, good." She said.

Sojin looked at her as she put on the socks, then she started watching the movie. She went over the part he had missed. The part where they found the wolf boy and now they were feeding him or at least trying to feed him.

Sojin stood up and said, "I need to use the bathroom, I will be right back."

"Alright, would you like me to pause the movie this time?" She said.

"No. I will be right back." He said.

Once in the bathroom Sojin looked in the mirror and started talking to himself…You're fine. This is simple. She wants you to stay. She is just giving you the green light. Maybe it would be too awkward for her to say, "I would like you to stay with me, tonight, in the bedroom." Well of course that sounds awkward when I say it. Maybe she is just opening the door and she wants me to be the one who closes it. Relax, you got this. You're COOL, but not too cool. Remember that!

Before he left he used the bathroom, well why not he was in there. Then he washed his hands. He then noticed a new toothbrush in the wrapper laying next to hers. He opened the cabinet to find all of her items had been moved over to one side. He smiled.

Back in the living room once again, Sojin sat down next to Kat. He watched the movie for about 1 minute then jumped up and said he was going to get a little more comfortable if she didn't mind. Kat didn't mind, she told him to go right ahead. She was laughing at the movie. The mom in the show had to give him a bath…she checked on him and he was drinking out of the wash tub like a dog. Now that's acting, she announced…loud enough for Sojin to hear.

Sojin decided the pajamas were for him, so he would wear them. He changed and went back in to the living room and sat next to Kat, just a little closer than before.

Without looking at him she asked, "do you like them? I hope they fit."

"They are perfect," he said.

Then Sojin picked up the remote and turned the movie of, then the TV. He leaned over to Kat and kissed her. He looked at her an said, "we can keep playing it cool with each other or I could just kiss you?"

"Kiss please." She said.

They started out slow but kicked it into high gear pretty fast. Kat had been waiting for Sojin to put all the pieces together. She was shocked to admit it took him longer than she thought.

Between kisses she said, "you know…you make a wonderful guard….better than a detective…the pajamas look great on you by the way."

"I love your…sweatshirt…and those socks….really fuzzy," he said.

Kat got a little aggressive and pushed Sojin back while nibbling his ear. Then as if she had practiced this maneuver her whole life, she threw one leg over Sojins lap and sat up strait, taking his face in her hands and and kissing him equally as aggressive. Sojin pulled back after a minute and just looked at her…and she smiled.

Now it was Sojins turn to be in charge. He kissed her and stood them both up at the same time. Without breaking their kiss, he guided her backwards through the bedroom door. The path to the bed was short and they found it easily.

He helped her up and she pulled him in after her.

He looked over at the blue bowl on the nightstand and said, "subtle."

"I have more, if we run out." She smiled and giggled just a little and her own joke.